Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Post your old or new band photos!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics JDan! But now I have a bone to pic - - wasn't it you earlier who was railing against wearing 501s? It looks like half of these pics that's what you guys are wearing! :boing:

And the jeans aren't "501's".

Very good sir, I stand corrected! And I was just jivin' JDan... you obviously put a lot of thought and care into your work, I wish I could get my bandmates to do the same!

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

nice pic and nice clips linwood! What year was this?

That was '81.The guy standing out front singing in that pic was playing trombone and singing in the first one I posted. He and I were in another band together in the mid '70's. I had dinner with him a few months ago here in Vegas. His name is Linwood, also. When was the last time you were in a band with two woods?

Here's '84. Look how young Cleto was. That's me in shades. lol I'm so old I've got band pics and tapes for days....forgive me.

http://www.linwoodbell.com/clientdownloads/SF.jpg

The Troubadour, West LA, ~1979. ARP Quadra, Odyssey MKIII, and Omni II; Oberheim OB-1, Yamaha CP70B.

http://www.fototime.com/7F5C7CE0C30E826/orig.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/6871905707959F1/orig.jpg

Michael

Montage 8, Logic Pro X, Omnisphere, Diva, Zebra 2, etc.

(hope this shows up)

First band, and yes that is a cheap Casio with one speaker :D We were 15 or so. None of us could play our instruments prior to a year back from that pic, I didn't know what a chord was for another year (and yet was trying to learn the Doors, Who etc...in 1982, go figure....)

amoebas.jpg

The photo is old and yellowed. The year is 1981.

Our manager, Tony Geranios, is Rush's guitar/keyboard technician. He helped build Geddy's old Moog/Oberheim hybrid unit. I got to play it when Rush's equipment was set up for rehearsal. Tony goes by "Jack Secret" among music industry folks.

The-End-1981.jpg

Steve Coscia

The Troubadour, West LA, ~1979. ARP Quadra, Odyssey MKIII, and Omni II; Oberheim OB-1, Yamaha CP70B.

ahhh cool deal Michael.. I played the Troub quite a few times, a few years later, around the 1984-86 era. Whiskey, Roxy, a few others. I remember hanging out to watch other groups and all the Sunset Strip craziness back then, fun times. Oh yeah, and I had a CP-70B with an OB-1 (or was it an OBX?) on top, nice!

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

It is amazing and sad how few pictures I have of myself playing. Girlfriends have taken pictures over the years, but whenever we break up and I ask for copies they never put out, pictures I mean.
I have a similar problem. I have some of the 8x10 promo shots, but all the cool gig photos, have no idea where they all are. I recall we'd have house parties, and there would be photos just laying out around the house, and whenever our senses would return (a day later usually), all the photos would be gone, damn! Reckless youth

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

Some pics of my years gigging primarily on piano.
Nice Rod, and she's looking good too!

The photo is old and yellowed. The year is 1981
Looking very snappy there Steve! I take it that's you on the far left?

Believe me, this hurts me a lot more than it hurts you. That's me on the left.
Nothing wrong with that pic there MOI! But you need to give context - what year was this? Around 2014 - 2015 yes?

A little picture of me on keys in a guest band, with a borrowed keyboard, over a decade ago:
OK - I knew this thread would yield some treasure! Nice Theo, and nice stand too!

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

A little picture of me on keys in a guest band, with a borrowed keyboard, over a decade ago:
OK - I knew this thread would yield some treasure! Nice Theo, and nice stand too!

Now Theo, if you just had some Linux based rendering software to correct for the decade old video codecs.....maybe lexicon has developed them! Looking good there, buddy, though I'm not sure the community will approve of your keyboard stand.....borrowed or not. LOL. Nice hair by the way. I wish I had that hair even a decade ago!!!!!!

EDIT: I assumed hair based on the facial amount, but given the hat, cannot confirm the hair. LOL. I currently have plenty of facial hair, but head has been bald for a decade.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

"waygetter" - yeah, it's actually at some form of beach believe it or not, in the environment of Amsterdam. It sounded alright, so it was fun in sun!I ditched a lot of the weight (most of my life I'm slim), not so much the hair. Where I live, I have no pictures from my student band activities, unfortunately they've not appeared on the internet to my knowledge.

T.

Old: 1st on the left (1969-'75) originally called (1966-1968) 'The Sands of Time' then 'The Arthur Band' ( bad name but that was hip then just using names in our area. 'The Jason Garfield Band', 'Benjamin' etc..'Jethro Tull' you get it - None of us were named 'Arthur' BTW. Arthur was in fact an old coot the 3 members of the band worked for when they were lifeguards at a local pool (an inside joke). I was asked in immediately after the whole band returned from Woodstock in the late summer of '69 . . .

pect31m.jpg

New: 1st on the right (2010) at the Great South Bay Festival on Long Island.. (not currently in a band officially now - this was the 'Kerry Kearney Band' my old band by about 5 years)

YZ1y7dym.jpg

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

• 5 months later...

Zombie thread alert! Some pseudo keytar action circa 1981. I think the Liberation existed at this time, but I just decided to screw some bolts on the sides of this Micromoog and go for it. This is at an outdoor park gig about 45 min north of L.A. The good old days, back when those Japanese kimono type gig clothes were happening..haha

prowler-oak-grove-park-1981.jpg

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

Great vid nursers. I spent a lot of time in Tumut in the late 90s when they built the Visy mill, and a lot of time driving there from Melb. I always thought the Hume Hwy was the best thing to come out of Tumut :P, but maybe it gets trumped by Sliprock!

Wow how funny is that! Visy is still going strong ;)

Okay then....

1979: Theme party (Far left)

yKlNoAP.jpg

1983: Pass The Salt (2nd from right)

CvGBV5y.jpg

1996: Frank Paul Band

3E8JOJC.jpg

2007: Hoosier Highway

daHBoSV.jpg

2015: Pick-up gig, Joe's, Chicago

z70j5Hb.jpg

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!