Music Player Network

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Anyone having problems with updated Keyboard Mag iOS app? #2962811 12/14/18 06:29 AM
Piktor Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Folks,

I updated my Keyboard mag app on my older iPad (iOS 10.3.3) a few days ago and went through the required steps to restore my purchases. However, I am only able to restore issues from July, 2018 forward. There are at least a year's worth of issues that I bought that did not re-appear. I already contacted Future Music (no response yet), but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, or if this was just the standard way that digital magazine issues come and go. I am one of the old guard that kept hardcopy issues starting from issue #1. Maybe my expectations require updating.

Last edited by Piktor; 12/14/18 06:30 AM.
KC Island
Re: Anyone having problems with updated Keyboard Mag iOS app? [Re: Piktor] #2963177 12/16/18 09:48 AM
Joe Muscara Offline
Triple Secret Banninated
20k Club
Triple Secret Banninated
20k Club
I don't know. One of the issues I have had with digital subs is that they'll change or update the app and I won't be able to access old issues in the old app any longer, and the developer and the publisher will blame the other. Meanwhile, I'm out my old issues. mad

(I don't know if that applies here.)

The great thing about music is that there's always something to learn. The frustrating thing about music is that there's always something to learn!
Re: Anyone having problems with updated Keyboard Mag iOS app? [Re: Joe Muscara] #2963186 12/16/18 10:30 AM
M
Motif88 Offline
M
Agreed, restore only goes back to July 2018. Very disappointing since I’ve been a (print) subscriber for 40 years and an IOS subscriber since the day it was available.

Using: RD-2000, Logic Pro X, Omnisphere, Keyscape, Komplete 10, Garritan CFX Lite, Arturia V, u-he Diva, OP-X

Sold: Kronos 88,Yamaha:Motif XS8,Motif ES8,Motif 8,KX88,Oberheim:Modular 8 Voice,OBXa,OB8
Re: Anyone having problems with updated Keyboard Mag iOS app? [Re: Motif88] #2963280 12/17/18 04:18 AM
Piktor Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the reponses.
Since I posted my original question, I did get a reply from the publisher's digital support folks. They suggested that I reinstall the app and retry downloading my content. This didn't solve the problem. They also suggested that the older content might not yet have been uploaded and could appear later. There is where I am curious to know if any other digital subscribers got editions dated earlier than July 2018.

Here's their reply. Maybe some of you will find it useful.

Thanks for your email, and we’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing a problem. Please note that we are currently in the process of transferring former Newbay media content, including your magazine, to our servers. While we do not have a final date for completion currently, rest assured out developers are working hard to ensure the migration process is completed as swiftly as possible.

However, you can also follow the procedure below to reset your credentials, which may restore some or all of any entitlements that have already been migrated.

1) Open the magazine app and tap to the 'Help' icon at the bottom of the screen. (on iPhones, tap ‘Help, then ’More’).
2) Tap and hold your finger on the 'Version x.x.x' number which is displayed at the bottom right (on iPhones, it’s at the top of the screen).
3) With 'Diagnostic Mode' window displayed, tap ‘Reset Credentials’.
4) Return to the ‘Store’ page of the app and reload the page.
5) Use ‘Restore iTunes Purchases’ from the ‘Help’ section of the app.
6) Try downloading your issue as normal.

Finally, please be aware that we Future Publishing PLC is closed from 20th December 2018 - 2nd January 2019, and no work will be undertaken at this time. As such, it is possible that full access will not be restored until the first or second week of the new year at latest. We thank you for your patience and co-operation at this time.

Re: Anyone having problems with updated Keyboard Mag iOS app? [Re: Piktor] #2964513 12/23/18 09:07 AM
JCRoswell Offline
Anyone have any luck making the new app work? I got the same boilerplate response as above, except I don’t even have access to a single issue, new or old. None of the suggested troubleshooting got me anywhere.

And why would they not wait until January to do this migration when their office would be open to handle customer support? So much for thinking I’d catch up on my EM reading over the holidays...

Live rig: Roland FA-08, Yamaha MOTIF ES 6, laptop for supplemental sounds.
Re: Anyone having problems with updated Keyboard Mag iOS app? [Re: JCRoswell] #2964517 12/23/18 09:54 AM
ITGITC? Offline
Grand Poobah of Posting
10k Club
Grand Poobah of Posting
10k Club

This is a huge fail. Very disappointed. I did not enjoy using that app on my iPad Mini, so I purchased a standard-sized iPad. Now I can't get to back issues.

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent.
Re: Anyone having problems with updated Keyboard Mag iOS app? [Re: ITGITC?] #2975081 02/11/19 02:46 PM
JCRoswell Offline
In case this helps anyone else... I decided to chase this down and it appears that the troubleshooting tips quoted by Piktor above only apply to subscriptions done via the Apple App Store. If you subscribed through the EM/Keyboard website (like me) then it does not apply. I'm currently arguing with them that screwing up the app to where it deletes all of my issues of EM and Keyboard is their responsibility. So far I've gotten "there is no way for us to reassign access to back issues" and "the facility and relevant servers required to do so were withdrawn by the former publishers, and it is not possible for us to reestablish these." So...blame the previous owners? Classy. Grrr... HeadPop So far I have managed to refrain from using any swear words in my email correspondence so I got that going for me.

On the positive side, my subscription is nearly expired and I've figured out how to save about $20 this year. thu

Live rig: Roland FA-08, Yamaha MOTIF ES 6, laptop for supplemental sounds.

Moderated by  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner