Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: a bit a humor, chime in with others!

There was once a chicken who was having an affair with a rubber chicken. Every time he tried to hug her, she made a loud noise.

He said,

Cluck it out, will ya?.

Pretty weird, right?

What did the peacock say to his girlfriend?

Do you want to take a peacock at my tailfeathers...

Ok, another weird joke.

So a normal one, maybe...

There was a man named Supafly.

Everyone asked him if he was a reincarnation of Isaac Hayes.

He said,

Nope man, Im just Supafly!.

Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

One day, there was a guitar player who was dissing banjos.

A guy with a straw cowboy hat said Whatre ya pickin on banjos fer?.

Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

True story....

A few weeks ago, playing at church, the last song in our set right before a guest was going to address the congregation was a solo vocalist with piano and orchestral accompaniament. (I was doing the orchestral stuff on a Kurzweil Forte.)

As we finished, the guest was walking on to the stage and said, "Thank you band, choir and orchestra for providing beautiful music today."

Mission accomplished!

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

The Post Office receives this mysterious envelope addressed "To the greatest drummer in the world". The employee there happened to know the address for his friend the famous jazz drummer Elvin Jones so he mailed it to him.

Elvin saw the address and said No this can't be for me, and he forwarded it to Max Roach. Max couldn't accept that letter was for him.

So Max forwarded the letter to his friend Buddy Rich, who was notorious for his narcissism and flamboyant stage presence (as well as his reputation of being very hard to work for). Buddy was very delighted to receive the letter and proceeded to open it with glee. He pulled the letter out of the envelope and began to read out loud "Dear Ringo..."

I used this joke for my mic sound-check on Saturday. Thank you MC!

Cheers, Mike.

Why did the cowboy buy a Dachshund?

He wanted to get a long little doggy.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

• 1 month later...

Major vs Minor keys:

[video:youtube]_dVFknALySA

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

You can't take me anywhere...

True story: years ago I was hanging out with friends in a bar. I don't drink, so when the bartender came around for drink orders I asked for a mixed drink: two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen.

She responded with deer in the headlights.

"H20... Water...?"

This was years before the scare over dihydrogen monoxide...

Another true story: waitress at a restaurant asked for our drink orders.

Mom: decaf coffee

Brother: Coke

Dad: Diet Coke

Me: Diet water

There was a gentleman who took a cruise ship tour of the Southern Pacific Isles.

A huge storm came, waves were cresting over the top of the ship. The ship capsized and the gentleman found himself along on a life raft.

Eventually the weather cleared up and he began paddling towards an island. As he drew near the shore, a current pushed his raft into a sharp rock and it sunk.

He swam to shore, barely made it and exhausted - he passed out on the sand.

When he awoke he was in a village The natives were friendly and spoke some limited English. They fed him, gave him a place to sleep and treated him well. When he awoke in the morning, he heard drums in the distance.

He asked one of the natives "What are these drums that play?" The native responded "Bad when drums stop!!!"

The drums continued for days. Every so often he would ask another native about the drums. The response was always the same "Bad when drums stop!!!!"

One day at lunch time, the drums stopped. The natives hurled themselves to the ground, wailing and moaning. He went to the Chief, who had his ears covered and was howling, and asked "Why is it bad when the drums stop?"

The chief looked at him in horror and said "Next come bass solo!!"

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

When asked if he really lived in a pineapple under the sea, interviewee said "WTF, are you high?? Get out!!"

394.jpg.1dd4533d43ed243f59fbba6307e3bb6b.jpg

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
A young boy had just attended his first lesson to learn the tuba. His dad asked, "What did you learn?" The boy replied "I learned how to play a C." The next week his dad asked again, "What did you learn this week?" "I learned \how to play a G." the boy replied. On the third week the young musician did not return until 2 A.M. The frantic father then asked, "My God! It's 2 A.M.!! Where have you been?" The boy calmly replied, "I had a gig!"
  • Haha 1

Stan

Gig Rig: Yamaha S90 XS; Hammond SK-1; Rehearsal: Yamaha MOX8 Korg Triton Le61, Yamaha S90, Hammond XK-1

Retired: Hammond M2/Leslie 145, Wurly 200, Ensoniq VFX

• 1 year later...

A singer is walking down the street and she sees a piano player she's hired for some gigs walking towards her, looking really depressed and dejected. She stops him and says, "Paul! How are you? What's going on?"

He says, "I'm terrible. My wife and daughter just died in a car accident. 😢"

She replies, "oh, I know just how you feel. I once left all my sheet music on the subway!"

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI