Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2018-2019 Thread

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy birthday, ProfD!

Yes, HaPpY BiRtHdAy, ProfD!!! :thu::cool::keys:

Best,

Geoff

Thanks fellas. :thu:

Now, I'd really like to know how and why the Skins thought it was smart to sign LB Reuben Foster after he was waived by the 49ers. :idk:

While our LB corps may be in need of help, I don't see this cat as the answer considering the amount of trouble he seems to find. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Now, I'd really like to know how and why the Skins thought it was smart to sign LB Reuben Foster after he was waived by the 49ers. :idk:

I spoke with Doug Williams about this today. :)

Odds of him ever wearing the burgandy and gold on the field are slim to none. However, if he does come up clean, as small as a possibility as that is, he won't be wearing a helmet with a star on it. ;)

Dan Snyder is taking a LOT of heat for this in the national press today

:nopity:

Good luck to your Steelers, MikeT!

Best,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff. It will take less turnovers and more consistent play from the Steelers, in addition to luck. They lost to Denver, a game they could not afford to lose. Considering their up coming schedule, the Steelers will be watching the SB on the tube like the rest of us.

Happy Birthday to our Bro Prof D. Still upgrading your KB rig. Buy yourself a BD present! How about a Moog One!

Cheers!

Mike T

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Chiefs release Kareem Hunt

Yep. Another one bites the proverbial dust.

Hopefully, these young men will learn how to control themselves on and off the field.

Now that cameras are everywhere, the days of entitlement, payoffs and organizations sweeping indiscretions under the rug are gone. It's bad for business. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Chiefs released him because he lied to them when first asked about the events. He would have been upfront he would have kept his job barring a permanent ban from the league.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Interesting Geoff.

The Steelers lost their second game in a row, after being one of the Top 2 teams in the AFC to get a first round bye in the Playoffs.

The Steelers will not fire coach Tomlin, and I'm on board with retaining Mike Tomlin. The only suggestion I have for coach Tomlin is he needs to clamp down on the Social Media nonsense that has been going on in Pittsburgh for several years.

Play football. All the rest is B.S.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Not too surprisingly:

Green Bay Packers fire coach Mike McCarthy after loss to Cardinals.

Well, that didn't take long and completely blows my speculation. :laugh:

McCarthy will not be unemployed for too long. He can use the success Andy Reid is having in KC as a beacon into his potential future.

OTOH, I hope that Rodgers gets the coach he wants in GB. It will be interesting to see who's capable of turning that time around.

I'm surprised the Packers didn't dump kicker Crosby at the same time. Unless he was paid to miss that last kick. :D:cool:

PD

Ran across this tidbit today.

In each year that Pete Carroll coached the Seahawks, they had one game that ended in a score that's never occurred in NFL history. Yesterday it happened again.

2010Seahawks 36, Cardinals 18

2011Seahawks 36, Giants 25

2012Seahawks 58, Cardinals 0

2013Seahawks 43, Broncos 8 (Super Bowl XLVIII)

2014Seahawks 36, Packers 16

2015Seahawks 39, Steelers 30

2016Seahawks 37, 49ers 18

2017Seahawks 46, Colts 18

2018Seahawks 43, 49ers 16

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-continue-ridiculous-unique-score-streak-with-43-16-victory-over-49ers?fbclid=IwAR2tZkvHz0DJYbWCLujFn2VYk5VkcPRwbNzd2UUHp49MFvJqNYsM3WquN7w

Busch.

The Skins have lost another QB to a fractured leg. :(

All playoff hopes have been dashed. The Skins will be lucky to break .500 this season. :cool:

PD

The Bears certainly are looking a lot like Da Bears these days.

And how about a couple of those final plays yesterday? The Dolphins surprise touchdown on their desperate pass play, and Amari Cooper's touchdown catch off the deflection in overtime were both plays that rarely succeed. Regardless of who you were rooting for, they were a sight to see.

Amari Cooper has turned the Cowboys' fortunes around, just like Khalil Mack has done for the Bears. Tough losses for Raiders fans. My condolences, Dave.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

The Fading Steelers played down to their competition again by losing to the Raiders yesterday. They lost their last 3 games and will be watching the Super Bowl at the same place I will be watching it. At Home. What a pathetic bunch of losers.

Mike T.

Seattle is wearing puke green uniforms tonight. :facepalm:

It was such a bright green color that it made it harder to detect when the quarterback had actually handed off the ball to a running back, or kept it. Given Wilson's running ability this represents a real threat. I wonder if the Seahawks realize this, and if they might bring back these uniforms for another key game to try to exploit this advantage.

Wow, Thursday night football! As much as those refs wanted to gift wrap the game and hand it to the Chiefs, kudos to the Chargers for a great win!

Ballsy call going for the win, to be sure.

dB

The Charger's Receiver was WIDE OPEN in the End Zone. Blown coverage, big time.

Mike T.

That was a good win by the Chargers. I thought it might be a close game, but to beat the Chiefs is quite an accomplishment.

Soooo.....if the Chargers can make it to the Super Bowl, who is going to show up?

The Bears have clinched the NFC North and the playoffs with a win over the Packers. Good, solid game by the Bears, with Trubisky looking a more comfortable and more accurate than the Rams game.

The Steelers finally were able to beat the Patriots. I had no idea this was a Leap Year. :/

A nail biter.

Steelers Defense rushed Brady, even though they only sacked him once. Brady threw a lot off his back foot in the 4th quarter. I bet this is Gronk's last season. He looks hurt.

Artie Burns (apparently) was the DB that blew the coverage on New England's first possession and allowed number 15 to be wide open and score. Embarrassing. Mike Tomlin benched him. Best defensive game Pittsburgh played all year. It was win or sit home.

Mike T.

Congrats to your favorite team, Ken. :cool:

Best,

Geoff

Thanks. They may even have a puncher's chance of winning it all, as crazy as that seems. But regardless, this has been by any measure an amazing, successful season for the Bears. And a FUN one.

Boo.... Hiss! Not a fan of the Seahawks. They waived our neighbor boy. Been watching him play ball since he was little. Seahawks needed to call up O line help after a OL injury.

Too bad Malik missed his senior college season due to injury. Hoping the Seahawks take him back if he passes waivers. He is a great young man.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Itll be a shame if the Steelers dont get in, theyve played some good football recently. That Philly magic might be fun to watch too if they get in.

On that note, its going to be a very interesting playoff season. Every team has looked flawed at one point or another. If I had to guess now, Id go with New Orleans (home field + bye) and KC, but :idk

I'm a life-long Steelers fan. This team makes too many mistakes for a Veteran team. They lost a lot of games that should be easy wins. They could have beaten the Saints, but made some bone headed plays, and had turnovers. They're going to be watching the Super Bowl at home this year.

Mike T.

I'm a life-long Steelers fan. This team makes too many mistakes for a Veteran team. They lost a lot of games that should be easy wins. They could have beaten the Saints, but made some bone headed plays, and had turnovers. They're going to be watching the Super Bowl at home this year.

Mike T.

Some of the talking heads suggest it's time for HC Tomlin to be relieved of his duties.

I'm curious to know what a life-long Steelers fan thinks about the future of the team.

With unimaginative play-calling and bad personnel decisions, I definitely think the Skins need to part ways with HC Gruden and GM Allen. :cool:

PD