Music Player Network

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Camelot Pro - Releases 12 December: (The Mainstage for iOS?) [Re: Mighty Motif Max] #2974211 02/07/19 11:16 AM
drawback Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Just a bump to report I’ve finally picked up Camelot Pro iOS and am having an issue loading iFretless Bass which causes Camelot to immediately crash. Both apps’ support people have been quick to respond, so I assume this will be resolved soon.

Last edited by drawback; 02/07/19 11:48 AM.

Rod
1977 Kawai KG-2C | Mojo61 A/B | Arturia Keylab MKii 88 | iConnectAudio4+ > iOS / MacOS |
KC Island
Re: Camelot Pro - Releases 12 December: (The Mainstage for iOS?) [Re: drawback] #2989788 05/16/19 12:24 AM
Synthaholic Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Just got this email:

Camelot 1.0.4. is finally available with an awesome price!
The Early Adopter Promo is valid until May 31 with a special offer price, 18.99 USD or 20.99 EUR for iOS version and 99 USD/EUR for Desktop version (macOS and Windows).

We have now an improved plugin scan manager and host, where you are allowed to select more than one folder for VST and VST3 plugins.

The Hardware instruments features are growing, with the possibility to assign a default custom controls set for each brand device. MIDI Remote Control has added Attachments Page Up & Page Down, Advance, Reverse.

Further than access Virus TI, we have added new instruments Smart maps:
Korg Triton Rack
Nord Lead 4R
Nord Lead A1R
Behringer X32
Behringer XAir
Yamaha MOXF
Yamaha Reface YC

FIXES

But that’s not all, Camelot 1.0.4. provides many fixes: overall stability and plugin scan.

We have also fixed Roland Integra 7 StudioSet preset name retrieval issues and Device ID numbering, Roland FA Device ID numbering and Yamaha Motif XF preset names retrieval issues.

There has been an improved Mute and Solo behavior and a Simplification of Multi Part MIDI Items.

As regards Global Settings we have improved Look & Feel and UI, reliability when connect and disconnect MIDI ports and Tempo Sync crash under some circumstances.

Hurry up, after May 31, Camelot will be 28.99 USD or 31.99 EUR for iOS version and 149 USD/EUR for Desktop version!

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin
Re: Camelot Pro - Releases 12 December: (The Mainstage for iOS?) [Re: Synthaholic] #2989790 05/16/19 12:29 AM
Synthaholic Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I also received a response to a question to tech support:

As for audio and MIDI sequences support (and other features), they are planned with the addition of the "Audio" module. It will be released in a few months.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin
Re: Camelot Pro - Releases 12 December: (The Mainstage for iOS?) [Re: Synthaholic] #2989796 05/16/19 02:44 AM
drawback Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
I was back and forth with Camelot service and counterparts from Ravenscroft and iFretless, did a lot of research on my own and got to the bottom of the problem which pointed to Camelot being unable to stabilize bit rate mismatches when loading various iOS AUv3, causing crashes.

Another problem with Camelot iOS is that it doesn’t do InterApp Audio, something they’ve said is coming, but isn’t documented in this update either.

Meanwhile, I found Kymatica AUM, which does everything I want it to do - and a whole lot more - with a beautiful, intuitive and stable GUI.

Looking back, Camelot seems clunky and problematic in comparison and I see no reason to even try this update.

Rod
1977 Kawai KG-2C | Mojo61 A/B | Arturia Keylab MKii 88 | iConnectAudio4+ > iOS / MacOS |
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner