Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2018-2019 Thread

Thanks. Obviously, I'd be really happy if they got in the playoffs, given how abysmal they've been in the past few years. But regardless, I'm super happy with how much they've improved, and how exciting they are. And I feel like they are playing Chicago Bears defense again. As for the division, who knows. I know better to bet against someone like Aaron Rodgers, and the Packers have had the Bears' number for eons now, but I dunno, maybe it'll go alright.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL made a wise decision to move the RAMs-Chief's game to LA. Mexico City is an arm pit and their stadium is a mess. The field is trashed and the NFL needs this game to be played on a decent field.

I bet they will have excellent TV viewing audience too. Should be a good one.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

My condolences to ProfD (and davedoerfler?):

Redskins QB Alex Smith breaks two bones in leg against Texans

This is the same injury Joe Theismann endured. I sure hope it doesn't similarly end Smith's career.

Best,

Geoff

Thanks brotha Geoff.

Yep. Losing our starting QB was a terrible blow to the team.

Pass protection sucked real bad especially against the Texans defense. I don't know what the coaching staff was thinking.

Colt McCoy is a veteran in the Skins system. I'm hoping he can pull through the way Nick Foles did for the Eagles last year. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Thanks Geoff for the condolences. I broke my left tibia over 40 years ago in a skiing accident. Wouldn't wish this on anyone. Alex Smith to the Redskins didn't last one season. NFL= Not For Long

:nopity:

Redskins QB Alex Smith breaks two bones in leg against Texans

This is the same injury Joe Theismann endured. I sure hope it doesn't similarly end Smith's career.

Best,

Geoff

Oh crap, that's not good........

I've heard the Skins are going to workout Mark Sanchez and EJ Manuel for the backup QB position. :rolleyes:

I believe those dudes are already proven bums in the league. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I don't know. I saw him play in 2016. He was bad. I think D-coordinators figured him out at the end of the 2016 season. People just followed and tweaked the Hoodies game plan in 2016. The day I saw him he lost his job to Blaine Gabbert who played a little better. We sucked. We had the absolute worst secondary in football and we held CK to 1 for 5 passing for a total of 5 yards passing. Weather was bad that day though but Arizona crushed him too. D-Coordinators figured him out. You have to change CKs game. But I don't know, the 49ers were a dumpster fire in 2016. I think he would be signed if he had real production potential.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Simply amazing! :thu::cool:

The LA area certainly needed a break from the tough events of the last couple of weeks, and this game was a great lift for Rams fans.

It was:

1) The highest scoring Monday Night Football game of all time

2) The third highest scoring NFL game of all time

3) The only NFL game ever in which both teams scored over 50 points (and therefore, the only NFL game ever in which the losing team scored over 50 points)

The score makes it look like there was no defense, but the defense of both teams scored. There was great play from both offense and defense of both teams. At moments, I felt like I was watching the old Fearsome Foursome again.

I lost track of how many times the lead changed. My opinion as a Rams fan is that these two teams couldn't have been more evenly matched.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I think he would be signed if he had real production potential.

I agree, Ed, but no team is even looking at him working out. So maybe you are completly correct. :idk

I think there are worse QBs starting in this league right now than CK. A guy I went to HS with was a coach at Nevada when CK was there. All he would say is he is not surprised he isn't signed. Baltimore was going to have him in but his lady started posting on social media and whatever she said it ended up that she was blamed for the Ravens backing off.

I like Sanchez. He is great guy to have in the room. He should be a QB coach. I guess he probably doesn't want to put in coach's hours for coach's pay.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Hey PROF D I heard about the injury to Alex Smith. That's really too bad. He has been doing a great job for your team. One of the Sportscasters said you won't find a nicer guy than Alex. He has always been approachable and wasn't nasty to the Media. (Even though sometimes they deserve it!)

I hope this doesn't completely ruin your season.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Simply amazing! :thu::cool:

The LA area certainly needed a break from the tough events of the last couple of weeks, and this game was a great lift for Rams fans.

It was:

1) The highest scoring Monday Night Football game of all time

2) The third highest scoring NFL game of all time

3) The only NFL game ever in which both teams scored over 50 points (and therefore, the only NFL game ever in which the losing team scored over 50 points)

The score makes it look like there was no defense, but the defense of both teams scored. There was great play from both offense and defense of both teams. At moments, I felt like I was watching the old Fearsome Foursome again.

I lost track of how many times the lead changed. My opinion as a Rams fan is that these two teams couldn't have been more evenly matched.

Best,

Geoff

Fantastic game. Either team could have won. Exciting game, and yes, defense was played!

I'll be very surprised if Mike McCarthy is the Packers' coach next season. It's one thing to miss the playoffs because Aaron Rodgers was injured; but missing the playoffs this year with Rodgers under center will probably be the last nail in the coffin for McCarthy.

(I realize that Green Bay hasn't been eliminated yet, but it's almost certain with tonight's loss. The only thing they have left in their favor is that most of their hardest games are behind them.)

Best,

Geoff

Tell me Geoff, does the private ownership of the Packers affect the amount of $$$ they have to sign top Free Agents to give the team some weapons?

I don't know that the Packers have the players it needs to compete.

Mike T

AFAIK, Green Bay's only limitation is the salary cap. The fact that they're finally paying Aaron Rodgers what he's worth probably enters into what they have to spend on other players.

I'm not sure the Packers have the players they need to compete either. They're decimatedboth by injuries and from trading two of their starters a few weeks ago (Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Ty Montgomery) for future draft picks. They also got rid of Aaron Rodgers's favorite target, Jordy Nelson, before the season began.

The team is currently winless on the road, which doesn't bode well in the very unlikely chance that they make the playoffs as a Wild Card team.

Best,

Geoff

Unless Rodgers is done with McCarthy, I don't believe he will be fired after the season.

If Rodgers still wants McCarthy around into the future, they will draft and bring in free agents to shore up the missing pieces.

I cannot think of any coaching candidates capable of stepping in and taking over the chemistry McCarthy and Rodgers have built. Maybe they will force him to hire an offensive coordinator.

I'm usually not a fan of recycling head coaches but in the event McCarthy does get fired, Snyder needs to land Redskins One jet in his backyard and make a pitch to bring him to DC. :D:cool:

PD

I'd like to see Green Bay be more competitive, Rogers is still young enough to make the throws, but father time and injuries always win.

My brother was a New York Giants fan while he was still on the planet, and when they beat the Patriots in the SB, they won my admiration. My Steelers could never get past them. We may have a repeat performance this season.