Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

current favorite band?

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Ah, zombie thread awakens. :cool:

@ Plankton. I saw Markus King band live on the Wheels of Soul Tour summer 2018. Very, very talented indeed.

@ madisondaviiss I have seen the Artic Monkeys twice live. What a show both times. Their professionalism on stage (stage presence) is unsurpassed. Every band member is uber talented, but the drummer, well, anyone would want him in their band.

:nopity:

Ah, zombie thread awakens. :cool:

I LIKE The Zombies!!!

CURENT as in recent? I am enjoying Bille Eilish. The blend of classic and modern pop influences is nice and I like the productions. Her and her brother Finneas are a formidable team, I foresee a shift in current trends led by their refreshing "new/old" sound. It has been time for a change for quite a while now. I welcome it.

Some music is classic and will never die. We all choose differently. I want to hear a great song above all else, the lyrics matter are paramount to my enjoyment. How the arrangement serves the song is my next priority.

Instrumental prowess is nice but if that is all that is on offer I am usually not as interested. Jeff Beck's relatively recent music is one exception to that, his taste and expressivness stand out - he serves the melody first and it shows.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Fiona Apple's new album will take a few spins at a minimum.

She's created a unique musical world all her own. The component parts are things we've heard before, the assemblage is unique.

She could become a new favorite over time. Often my favorites are sounds that took me a while to get used to and appreciate.

Usually if I like something right off the bat it moves on through pretty quickly.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/critics-declare-fiona-apples-fetch-the-bolt-cutters-the-album-of-the-year-075541052.html

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...