Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2956787 - 11/07/18 04:31 AM WTB XK 1c usb stick
Michael Wright Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

As embarrassing as this is, I still have not located a jump drive that will
work in this. I had borrowed one from a forum member, and thought I had the issue solved but noooooooo. Anybody willing to part with a stick that is known to work, I would be eternally grateful. You're my only hope Obi-Wan. Cheers Mike

KC Island
#2956789 - 11/07/18 04:52 AM Re: WTB XK 1c usb stick [Re: Michael Wright]
Synthoid Offline
10k Club

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA

#2956809 - 11/07/18 09:04 AM Re: WTB XK 1c usb stick [Re: Synthoid]
DanL Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: DE
I had an older 512mb one that worked. Anything small should be ok. The files are not that big.
www.echoesrocks.com

#2956810 - 11/07/18 09:28 AM Re: WTB XK 1c usb stick [Re: Michael Wright]
MoodyBluesKeys Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: eastern North Carolina
I have SK1 instead of XK1c, but I think they are the same. After getting the SK1, I bought several Sandisk Cruzer 2GB flast drives, have removed Sandisk's "Launchpad" software, which interferes with making a plain regular drive with a single partition.

I have one that is spare, I think I've copied a couple of data files to it, but it has received very little use. Don't remember exactly what I paid for it, but I'll ship it wherever inside continental US for a total of $10, might be a bit higher if it has to go internationally. Paypal can be arranged. PM me if interested.

Another one just like this works in my SK1, so I see no reason why it wouldn't work for you. You will likely need to format it in the Hammond, IIRC. As mentioned, most any small drive that only has a single FAT or exFAT partition should work. They don't make them that small any more, but probably can be found on EBay.
Jim

#2957258 - 11/10/18 01:28 PM Re: WTB XK 1c usb stick [Re: MoodyBluesKeys]
musicbysterling Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Probably not what you're looking for, but I have a 5g HDD that I haven't used in ages. It comes with an external power supply, or USB 2.0 bus powered. I'll give it away, should someone pay the shipping.