Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#2956841 - 11/07/18 01:56 PM Re: Consensus on table style stands [Re: unitjazz]
JimboKeys Offline

Loc: Raleigh NC
Originally Posted By: unitjazz
Someone leaned up against the side of my keyboard once, and the stand nearly collapsed.

Originally Posted By: Toano88
That has been my fear with mine. The two 'locks' on both side don't actually stop it from folding

I've used a bar running across the underside of the stand, resting on top of the horizontal pieces on each of the leg assemblies, with a couple screws stuck in the bar to wedge the bar in place with the legs at maximum spread (and the bar then tied to the legs with a couple tie wraps). Sorry i don't have a picture, but i hope you can get it from the description.

- Jimbo

KC Island
#2956842 - 11/07/18 02:00 PM Re: Consensus on table style stands [Re: J. Dan]
The Real MC Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Secluded Tranquil NY Wine Coun...
Originally Posted By: J. Dan
I use this one at home. It's lightweight, adjustable, setup/teardown is super quick, and when I'm not using it, it hangs on a bracket on the wall. Downside is that it's only single tier.

So should I use an OnStage or K&M X-stand to press my shirts and pants?

#2956873 - 11/07/18 08:06 PM Re: Consensus on table style stands [Re: J. Dan]
Polkahero Offline
KCFF League Champ '15
Platinum Member

Loc: Michigan
Originally Posted By: J. Dan
I use this one at home. It's lightweight, adjustable, setup/teardown is super quick, and when I'm not using it, it hangs on a bracket on the wall. Downside is that it's only single tier.

That's an X-stand. cop
Kawai MP7
Alesis QSR

#2956877 - 11/07/18 08:17 PM Re: Consensus on table style stands [Re: Polkahero]
J. Dan Offline
Bannination Free Since '08
10k Club

Loc: St. Louis, MO
Originally Posted By: Polkahero

That's an X-stand. cop

It has a table top. X-stands don't have a top, just bars.

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner