Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Our drummer left a few weeks ago to pursue other interests. The fill-in guy's daughter tragically had a hospital occurrence just a few days before a two-nighter weekend. Thankfully, she is healing and home now. However, it was decided that we run to GC and pick up a BeatBuddy. They only had one and it was the mini model. Spent many hours over the next couple of days approximating bpm's and documenting genre and song settings. Had a run-through of most of the sets and it surprisingly worked okay. Thankfully, we found another last-minute backup drummist for both nights so did not have to use it.

Still, it is a great practice tool. And sounds pretty darn good to boot.

It being far from idolatry to use Fedora for music applications, a short report on the purchase: fedora 28 is going strong on the new Western Digital SSD. Unfortunately, major parts of my selected audio tools are imperfect or broken: Jamin just crashes, jack-rack has no categories to add effects, only an alphabetic list, patchage compiles weird (but works), etc. Like I thought from previous experience: a lot is somehow not maintained to the point of simply drawing the required packages from the standard repositories and running my startup scripts.

T

However, it was decided that we run to GC and pick up a BeatBuddy. They only had one and it was the mini model. Spent many hours over the next couple of days approximating bpm's and documenting genre and song settings. Had a run-through of most of the sets and it surprisingly worked okay. Thankfully, we found another last-minute backup drummist for both nights so did not have to use it.

Still, it is a great practice tool. And sounds pretty darn good to boot.

Way cool! Ive never seen those before.

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

No Mary Jane this time around.

If you're referring to the molasses-and-peanut butter taffy, it's a sort of endangered species: Necco Bankruptcy Article

I'm a fan of Neccos (My grandfather turned me on to them circa AD 1965) and Mary Janes, which I only discovered a couple of years ago.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

No Mary Jane this time around.

If you're referring to the molasses-and-peanut butter taffy, it's a sort of endangered species: Necco Bankruptcy Article

I'm a fan of Neccos (My grandfather turned me on to them circa AD 1965) and Mary Janes, which I only discovered a couple of years ago.

That's bad news. Many boyhood memories. From the article:

"The future of Necco's other products including... peanut butter-flavored Mary Jane chews remains unclear..."

Steve Coscia

When I Was 15, we decided with my two best friends to start a band....Well, at that time, we didn't know it was named a garage band but, well, the first song we played was "My sharona". I was lucky enough that my best friend was kind of a hell singer and good guitar player, the second one took the bass and I was supposed to take drums. I started to take lessons, paid by the maths lessons I was giving because my dad had a weird approach about modern music being a big classical music fan....I was lusting after the Tama at that time, 1978...

When I pushed him to let me buy my drums with my savings, he told me "well, that's stupid, you've been doing great at the piano since you were 6 whith your mother being a good local concert pianist you should capitalized on it....If you are ok, I will pay 10.000 Francs and buy you used Hammond...."

Finally, I said yes and never stopped playing Hammond and synths followed right after that...But never played drum again....Ok, just the chick poum tchak and shuffle stuff...

But as I was reading music, taking up with reading rhythms was easy for me and I have always had a nice eyes for Drums, especially Tama brand....And Yamaha, ok, I worked for them and met Dave Wrekl...

But two weeks ago our drummer quit due to strong hearing lost (he was with us for 3 weeks only..). I found one but he didn't want to move all the time his Yamaha Tour custom from 1986 so, I Started to look for a cheap kit online....

And found, from a retired drummer who had up to 12 pro kits in the past, a super nice Tama Royalstar 1973 plus Avedis Zildjian 1970 cymbals in an awesome shape....

And because I knew the guy for a long time (well, only one year, he was close to join us one year ago but decline the offer for health reason...), he lets me pay it in several times....

So, I'm the proud owner of a vintage Tama drum kit....It's going to stay in the basement and my drummer should like it...

And by the way, while I was worried about the room taken by it in our small 16.5X12.5 feet pracice place, he gave me a rack for the Toms instead of the stands that were not sturdy enough so....Even better look:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fkbooi6zaoc1jbs/AAAv3kzxp7SuhL-512eORqbja?dl=0

I'm sure it will be a great kit to do"Poum Tchak Poum"...I might even add a "touww, toutouww, splash" on my same usual drums routine....

Stage 2, C2, NL2X+TC Pedals, P08+Tetra+H9, P12+TC Chorus D50+PG1000, 2 Matrix 1K, Proteus 2K, TX802, Streichfett, Drumbrute. Guitars:G&L Legacy, Asat X2, Ibanez Artstar AS153.Bass: L2000, SR1200&2605.

Big Sky and Bit Of Honey package.

Im loving my Strymon.

MIDI Controls make these a simple pleasure to use.

Big Sky sounds better than my PCM90 or TC Fireworx for a Reverb.

Strymon Deco doubles as Tape Chorus/Tape Flange in AUX 1.

AUX 2 is MIDI CZontroled Strymon Timeline.

AUX 3 is MIDI Controlled Big Sky.

When something sounds better than what you have and its got better editing, better quality and smaller, gotsta have it.

3 x TC Fireworx were sold for the Pedals plus 125 out of pocket.

Very very happy about them though.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

Just ordered this from Behringer's E-bay store, to replace the twelve channel analog Mackie I use to consolidate 5 or 6 keyboard channels into two for the FOH folks. I plan to preset input and output levels in it and then just plug-and-play at gigs.

a21b9b-2.jpg

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Two Stereoping Controllers, one for my Matrix 1000 and another one for my Roland JX8P.

https://www.stereoping.com/synth-controller/?lang=en

https://retrogearshop.com/collections/stereoping

Works like a charm with both of my vintage synths and breathed new and previously unimagined life to my two old synth treasures! Highly recommended!

LIFE IS SHORT, GO GET THE GEAR YOU WANT ;-)

Two Stereoping Controllers, one for my Matrix 1000 and another one for my Roland JX8P.

https://www.stereoping.com/synth-controller/?lang=en

https://retrogearshop.com/collections/stereoping

Works like a charm with both of my vintage synths and breathed new and previously unimagined life to my two old synth treasures! Highly recommended!

Who, great, it was on my list of stuff to buy for my matrix 1000 for years but anytime I decided to buy one, we got a gig and thus, little accessories for live use was "mandatory" compared to stuff for studio use...Or your former guitarist who borrowed your Amps gave it back to you wthout telling you that he had broken a tube and the power transformer....And because you checked it days after that, you have no way to proove that he did it to be reimbursed....Or you cannot stand anymore to,have to borrow 10 Mics cable for all your mic for drums and Amps and you buy good cables....(40 CAN$ X 4 = a stereo ping device....). Or you find a second Matrix 1000 at a good price just to play "Jump" in stereo with a slight "-1/+1" detuning....

Well, sure it will be bought one time....thanks for letting us know.

Sincerely

Stage 2, C2, NL2X+TC Pedals, P08+Tetra+H9, P12+TC Chorus D50+PG1000, 2 Matrix 1K, Proteus 2K, TX802, Streichfett, Drumbrute. Guitars:G&L Legacy, Asat X2, Ibanez Artstar AS153.Bass: L2000, SR1200&2605.

I finally received this to replace my SM DI8 - works very well despite the reviews I've seen!

RDI8-web.jpg

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

Gone a bit Roli mad. Bought a Seaboard Block, then the Touch Block but all they did was whet my appetite for a Rise 49. Was pondering the purchase when a 15% discount voucher arrived from BAX music, which gave me a price of £715. No brainer.

Also picked up the new Cypher 2 VST, and although a bit of a CPU hog it is a fantastic MPE synth.

So many drummers, so little time.