Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2018-2019 Thread

when will the Giants again have a bad enough record to allow them to draft a top quarterback?

possibly 2018 ;)

IDK......if they manage to stagger in to the playoffs at 9-7 it could be on.....that's usually their move....

A team needs a quarterback with more elusiveness to get anywhere these days. Eli does not have this anymore - it was painfully obvious to me, all last season.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is the biggest surprise for you after Week Three?

1) There are four teams in the NFL with a 1-1-1 record

2) Three of those teamsthe Packers, Steelers, and Vikingsare typically among the best teams of the league. One of those teamsthe Brownsis typically among the worst teams of the league

3) The Patriots are 1-2

4) The Dolphins are 3-0

For me, it's #1. I can't remember ever seeing four teams with one win, one loss, and one tie at once. If it's happened before, I doubt it was after overtime was established for regular season games.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

At least we know that the Rams are 4-0. ;)

It's nice when your second favorite team can help your favorite team by knocking off your fourth favorite team.

I was a bit disappointed in both defenses, expecting a little Fearsome Foursome and Purple People Eater nostalgia to kick in; but the Rams' D eventually came through.

Best,

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...
Which is the biggest surprise for you after Week Three?

1) There are four teams in the NFL with a 1-1-1 record

2) Three of those teamsthe Packers, Steelers, and Vikingsare typically among the best teams of the league. One of those teamsthe Brownsis typically among the worst teams of the league

3) The Patriots are 1-2

4) The Dolphins are 3-0

For me, it's #1. I can't remember ever seeing four teams with one win, one loss, and one tie at once. If it's happened before, I doubt it was after overtime was established for regular season games.

Best,

Geoff

That the Bears are winning the North. That the Bears would be 4-0 if the coach on week 1 had known how to play call with a lead and several defensive play makers who were not yet in game shape and a RB averaging over 5 yds a carry who he wasn't feeding the ball to. The one loss is on the coach for gasing out the defense in 4th quarter. I only expected 7-9 tops!

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Congrats to Drew Brees in breaking the record and being #1 in passing yards. :thu:

However, if ever there was an overt attempt to insure a record was broken during a primetime home game that was it.

The Skins defense played as if they received bonus money for failing to pressure the QB and blowing coverages. :rolleyes:

Needing 35 yards to break the record and throwing a 62 yard TD right before halftime seemed like something straight out of a movie script. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Wow indeed! :thu:

A tale of two weeks:

Mason Crosby rebounds from 5-miss week with game-winning field goal

Mason Crosby, the Packers' all-time scoring leader, was the difference maker in last week's loss (0 of 5) and this week's victory (6 of 6). He followed the worst week of his career with a perfect game. It was moving to see him bounce back!

Other than that, the Packers didn't look very good against the 49ers. I'm just glad they have a bye before facing the Rams and the Patriots back-to-back on the road.

Best,

Geoff

Wow Geoff! The RAMS are 7-0!! Who would have thunk it!

That looks like one NFL expansion team that is paying off!

Cheers!

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Speaking about San Die..the Chargers, I watched most of the London matchup and was taken back when the Titans went for the 2 point conversion at the end of the game. Ok, maybe Vrabel had the gut going for him. But then the Chargers get called for a penalty, ball goes to the 1, and Mariota lines up in shotgun. :facepalm:

Wasnt Vrabel on the Pats? Get behind center and quick snap with one of your well-practiced quarterback sneaks. Maybe he wasnt paying attention to the offense way back when.

I agree, Mike and Dave, it's pretty impressive!

If I recall correctlybefore this season beganboth Bill Plaschke and Tim Cowlishaw (on ESPN's Around the Horn) picked the Rams to face the Chargers in the Super Bowl.

I'm actually not too surprised about the Rams, as they were already very good last year and went all-in on player acquisitions during the offseason. It would, nonetheless, be pretty amazing if they managed to go undefeated for the entire season.

That said, if they're going to lose one, I'd like it to be next week when they face the Packers. I realize it's not very likely though. In fact:

Packers vs. Rams Spread Features Aaron Rodgers' Biggest Underdog Odds of Career

Best,

Geoff

when will the Giants again have a bad enough record to allow them to draft a top quarterback?

possibly 2018 ;)

Dave's post, made after week 1, is starting to look like the most prophetic prediction for the entire NFL 2018 season.

please don't tell my wife and kids about this. They are all certain that I don't know anything about anything. :rolleyes:

:nopity:

ESPN's Booger McFarland & His Idiotic Sideline Crane Ruins View for NFL Fans

Wow - imagine being at a MNF game and seeing this stupid thing instead of the actual game.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

please don't tell my wife and kids about this. They are all certain that I don't know anything about anything. :rolleyes:

But suppose they were correct about your lack of knowledge (and you knew it), you would still know THAT at least; and their certainty would thus be proved incorrect. QED.

If they had some doubts though...well IDK... :crazy:

I agree, Mike and Dave, it's pretty impressive!

If I recall correctlybefore this season beganboth Bill Plaschke and Tim Cowlishaw (on ESPN's Around the Horn) picked the Rams to face the Chargers in the Super Bowl.

I'm actually not too surprised about the Rams, as they were already very good last year and went all-in on player acquisitions during the offseason. It would, nonetheless, be pretty amazing if they managed to go undefeated for the entire season.

That said, if they're going to lose one, I'd like it to be next week when they face the Packers. I realize it's not very likely though. In fact:

Packers vs. Rams Spread Features Aaron Rodgers' Biggest Underdog Odds of Career

Best,

Geoff

I don't pay too much attention to pre-season picks by Sportscasters. There was an interesting pre-season SB pick in Cigar Aficionado. Steelers vs Eagles. LOL.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

We will find out on draft day whether or not the Giants front office has figured out they need a new quarterback.

Eli or his brother Peyton were never able to avoid a rush. Eli is getting long in the tooth, but their offensive line is terrible. I watched the first half of their game against Atlanta. Eli was getting no more than 2 seconds to get rid of the ball. Can't make plays on your back.

Mike T.