Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2954394 - 10/24/18 10:28 AM New Song First Release from CD
BluesKeys Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Raleigh, NC
About a year ago I started a Go Fund Me project and many of you contributed, Here is the LONG STORY of this journey. I had been helping a friend Chris (engineer) build his studio and was accumulating recording hours for my labor. About eight months ago Chris had a major heart attack and was unable to finish his studio. Then within a couple of months his father also had a heart attack and is not able to take care of himself. I have been trying help them when I can but my schedule has increase to 170+ shows a year this year. (Thank Goodness) But all the time I put into building the studio has not payed off. I did not reach my goal on the Go Fund Me project but I intend to get this CD Finished as time permits, I have already got 4 songs in the can and plan on another 4-6 to finish it out. The project started out as an all original project but this first release is a cover of a Boz Scaggs tune. I did this to help generate more interest and get air play on the local Beach Music stations/DJ's. (For those not in the southeastern US, Beach Music is an indigenous name for our Southern Soul, R&B, Motown sound). This extra exposure will help fund this CD as well, since I now have to pay for studio time to finish the last tunes.

All that said Here is the tune Runnin" Blue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePaGS3wRXfA

Edited by BluesKeys (10/24/18 12:29 PM)

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho
NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT
www.steveowensandsummertime.com
www.jimmyweaver.com
www.handsofmassage.com

KC Island
#2954440 - 10/24/18 04:01 PM Re: New Song First Release from CD [Re: BluesKeys]
CowboyNQ Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Jimmy that sounds great! Well done on your very tasty playing on this tune and the tenacity you're applying to this project overall.

#2954685 - 10/26/18 09:44 AM Re: New Song First Release from CD [Re: CowboyNQ]
BluesKeys Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Thanks, I was fortunate to have some great players on it.

I play Piano, Organ, Bass, and Vocals, Grammy Award winner Ivan Hampden Jr on Drums ( Google him or Luther Vandross), Robin Woodard on Guitar, Emmy Award winner Richard Putnam, Alex Almasy on Horns, Cammy Award winner J.K. Loftin producer.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho
NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT
www.jimmyweaver.com
www.handsofmassage.com

#2959932 - 11/27/18 06:43 AM Re: New Song First Release from CD [Re: BluesKeys]
BluesKeys Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

My new release Runnin Blue has been named Lighthouse Song of the Week on 99.1 WZDZ FM THE WAVE... and has hit the charts at number 30. www.WDZDfm.org for internet streaming and is getting international air play on Riptide Radio www.riptide.com for streaming.

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT
www.jimmyweaver.com
www.handsofmassage.com

#2966223 - 01/02/19 06:53 AM Re: New Song First Release from CD [Re: BluesKeys]
BluesKeys Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Runnin Blue is moving up the charts in the genre known locally and Beach Music! The WAVE99.1 has it at number 19 and Fessa John Hook has it "Bubbling Under" on his Top 40 Chart. YOU SHOULD Give it a listen!!!

www.jimmyweaver.com
or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePaGS3wRXfA

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT
www.jimmyweaver.com
www.handsofmassage.com

#2966311 - 01/02/19 12:43 PM Re: New Song First Release from CD [Re: BluesKeys]
MoodyBluesKeys Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: eastern North Carolina
Like!
Jim

#2967822 - 01/08/19 07:17 PM Re: New Song First Release from CD [Re: MoodyBluesKeys]
waygetter Offline
Gold Member

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Song, vocals, playing, production, all great!

#2967905 - 01/09/19 07:04 AM Re: New Song First Release from CD [Re: waygetter]
BluesKeys Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Thanks Guys, I have wanted to record this song for years! Glad you like!!!

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT
www.jimmyweaver.com
www.handsofmassage.com