Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Moog One. The Polyphonic.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is starting to look like one of my recent threads, where some folks decided to take offense at all costs.

Jeez.

Does anyone have an actual ship date for these things? Sweetwater says "late October," but after the extended wait for my Behringer Model D (yes, I know, different product, different company), I'm a bit skittish about shipping dates.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

I just watched the in-depth Sweetwater review.

I'm not easily impressed by new gear, but the Moog One is totally amazing its depth of possibilities. It seems no-one should ever bother producing another analog polysynth again - except of course, mere mortals cannot afford the Moog!

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

...Except of course, mere mortals cannot afford the Moog!

I've seen post on other forums where folks are selling absolutely everything (including a Voyager XL) to fund their purchase. By the way, does anyone need a 1961 C3?

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

I've seen post on other forums where folks are selling absolutely everything (including a Voyager XL) to fund their purchase.

I know of 2 guys on this forum doing exactly that. I also know the Voyager XL is a completely different synth than The One, but I would believe it would be harder now to get the asking price for an XL now that a 61 note poly 8 voice is available for 50% more.

:nopity:

I've seen post on other forums where folks are selling absolutely everything (including a Voyager XL) to fund their purchase.

I know of 2 guys on this forum doing exactly that. I also know the Voyager XL is a completely different synth than The One, but I would believe it would be harder now to get the asking price for an XL now that a 61 note poly 8 voice is available for 50% more.

Exactly, that might be the time to buy a Voyager now. When the Prophet 6 came in, the prophet 08 was sold at a very low price....I bought one at that time....Hum, good times for Moog lovers who had never been able to afford one...

Stage 2, C2, NL2X+TC Pedals, P08+Tetra+H9, P12+TC Chorus D50+PG1000, 2 Matrix 1K, Proteus 2K, TX802, Streichfett, Drumbrute. Guitars:G&L Legacy, Asat X2, Ibanez Artstar AS153.Bass: L2000, SR1200&2605.

I'm not easily impressed by new gear, but the Moog One is totally amazing its depth of possibilities. It seems no-one should ever bother producing another analog polysynth again - except of course, mere mortals cannot afford the Moog!

Do you think that it will kill the Prophet X or will it boost its sales due to the fact that the Prophet X is half the price?

Stage 2, C2, NL2X+TC Pedals, P08+Tetra+H9, P12+TC Chorus D50+PG1000, 2 Matrix 1K, Proteus 2K, TX802, Streichfett, Drumbrute. Guitars:G&L Legacy, Asat X2, Ibanez Artstar AS153.Bass: L2000, SR1200&2605.

Moog's "One Synth To Rule Them All" approach has undoubtedly produced a gorgeous drool worthy instrument, but in reality it's also physically large, complex, and heavy.

There will always be a need for nimble synths that you can just grab and go. I'm not sure this is going to tank the price of anything.

I am not selling off absolutely everything, but have sold several synths and some other recording gear. At this point I will probably wait until I have The One in hand before deciding what else to sell if anything. If anything that would be my Voyager or one of either the Prophet 6 or OB6. But maybe nothing. My biggest seller's remorse is for my Moogerfooger delay. At some point I may have to replace that.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

My biggest seller's remorse is for my Moogerfooger delay. At some point I may have to replace that.

Not to worry- they're easily replaceable.

MF-104Z

:o:rolleyes::facepalm:

Good gravy. I have two of the original MF104s (Big Briar, not Moog Music).

I think I just funded my Moog One :o:rolleyes::facepalm:

That should get you a chunk. That's why I sold mine - a MF104M. Tough decision - but selling a pedal for as much as a keyboard......

I still have a Minifooger delay, which is not the same, but stylistically in the ballpark without all the CV.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

Its easy to feel excited over a new poly Moog, but I'm waiting to hear what it can do that DOESN'T sound "like a Moog." Those specs would indicate that it can step far beyond the defining big brassy-bassy pads & classic leads. After being waylaid by Wendy Carlos's "Timesteps" so long ago, I know a Moog this "modular" inside should be able to do that and more. Yes, its analog; I simply want to hear more of it. You know its in there. ;)

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

Do you think that it will kill the Prophet X or will it boost its sales due to the fact that the Prophet X is half the price?

Prophet X is a hard-sell already without "help" from the Moog One. Analog purists won't look at it, and peeps who are in love with sample-based synthesis argue that Omnisphere is a better deal.

There are some synth freaks out there who think analog synths are boring, digital is cool and fun; and would never consider even the Moog One. Those are among the folks who are looking at Prophet X too, but then their attention quickly turns to Waldorf Quantum, which is a more powerful digital synth.

Not that I wouldn't want a PX eventually, but in a niche market (high end synths), it's its own little niche within that niche.

Prophet X is a hard-sell already without "help" from the Moog One. Analog purists won't look at it, and peeps who are in love with sample-based synthesis argue that Omnisphere is a better deal.

There are some synth freaks out there who think analog synths are boring, digital is cool and fun; and would never consider even the Moog One. Those are among the folks who are looking at Prophet X too, but then their attention quickly turns to Waldorf Quantum, which is a more powerful digital synth.

Not that I wouldn't want a PX eventually, but in a niche market (high end synths), it's its own little niche within that niche.

Which one would I prefer? Let me think that One over... :confused:

Ok, with All the buzz that was over the Prophet X and knowing people who had ordered it immediately, I had not that feeling about the "niche" synth....Ok, I haven't had enough polysynth on my life to feel that Maybe, my first polysynth was the D50... Not analog...

My biggest seller's remorse is for my Moogerfooger delay. At some point I may have to replace that.

MF-104Z

Wow! Sorry, but that is really STUPID money, I doubt if it will sell. Over £1500 for a "z" model? Two months ago, I paid £750 on Ebay for a boxed mint MF 104 M.

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

MF-104Z

Wow! Sorry, but that is really STUPID money, I doubt if it will sell. Over £1500 for a "z" model? Two months ago, I paid £750 on Ebay for a boxed mint MF 104 M.

Asking (and selling) prices have shot up over the past few months, or at least after Moog officially discontinued the Moogerfooger line. They will likely drop a bit in the months to come. I loved mine to death, but it sacrificed itself to help pay for my Moog One. I will use a less expensive delay in its stead, and if another MF falls in my lap someday and makes sense financially, I'd be happy to reacquire one.

Ok, with All the buzz that was over the Prophet X and knowing people who had ordered it immediately, I had not that feeling about the "niche" synth....Ok, I haven't had enough polysynth on my life to feel that Maybe, my first polysynth was the D50... Not analog...

Yeah, the Prophet X thread here was pretty long and lively - some liked it, some hated it on sight without even laying hands on it - the usual.

I've chatted with an opthamologist - the type of eye doctor who gets paid more than the other type - who got a Prophet X....and just preordered a Moog One. For some people, life is good indeed.

I've chatted with an opthamologist - the type of eye doctor who gets paid more than the other type - who got a Prophet X....and just preordered a Moog One. For some people, life is good indeed.

As a nurse my wife does a lot of eye cases for an out-patient surgery center. She often tells me about some really cool and expensive (several 100K and up) new toy they just acquired to support eye operations.

Let's just say I would not care to hear my ophthalmologist telling me about his Behringer synth right before my surgery. :keys:

The long Sweetwater demo is an interesting demo, but not entirely generally clear. I don't think I dislike Moog bringing out a polysynth with these sounds, even when it clearly is devoid of the famous tuning of the man himself. It would be interesting for such a project ot have presets or even "skins" or what you'd call it to make it load sounds of other famous Moogs (a good modular, the mini, some poly, etc.) and even act as them. That would make the price easier!

T.

As a nurse my wife does a lot of eye cases for an out-patient surgery center. She often tells me about some really cool and expensive (several 100K and up) new toy they just acquired to support eye operations.

Let's just say I would not care to hear my ophthalmologist telling me about his Behringer synth right before my surgery. :keys:

Don't worry, the one I was talking to is in Richmond :laugh: I'm imagining passing out of the operating table from the anesthesia while he goes on excitedly about crosspatching his brand new Moog One with his modular.

You might not want the one who fixed my retina. He was a guitar nerd.