Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you listening to right now?

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had to do some long driving lately, so I've been listening to crazy ass wild dance stuff in my car like this at VERY LOUD VOLUMES.

[video:youtube]

Works well when it comes to keeping me awake!

Michael

Montage 8, Logic Pro X, Omnisphere, Diva, Zebra 2, etc.

Ive been revisiting one of my favorite albums growing up, the always fun Johnny Guitar Watsons 1979 album What The Hell Is This?. I love this kind of funk.

This first song, the title track, has a great MiniMoog bass, played by Watson if I remember correctly.

The tracks Mother In Law and I Dont Want To Be President are both funny songs, the latter having some fairly prescient lyrics for 1979.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Lol nevermind, sorry Lionel, but Cory Henry's Tiny Desk just dropped!

That was melt-your-face-off good.

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

Been listening to a lot of Umphrey's McGee as of late. I got a couple studio albums from these guys about 10 years back, but I started listening to them again, particularly their live cuts, and they're absolutely amazing. It's a prog/jamband hybrid, as if you crossed Spock's Beard with Phish. I love these kind of long building grooves. This little-known number, "Den", really caught my attention in particular:

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

UK - self title, had it on repeat while I was driving to do some field recording this morning. Mostly been eating up anything with Alan Holdsworth recently (really been meaning to sit down and transcribe some of his solos).

You might want to pick up a copy of this CD/DVD set, AH with Soft Machine live in '74.

https://www.allmusic.com/album/switzerland-1974-mw0002806877