Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Moog Grandmother

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
I'm all for artistic experimentation and whatever, but I thought that we already made all of those sounds when we were figuring out how to make music with these things. Based on the sounds in the videos in this thread, I cannot figure out why Moog bothered to give Grandmother a keyboard. :idk

Bloodsample,

I'm sorry to quote myself, but thanks for this demo. It makes more musical sense to me.

• 1 month later...

I would surrmise the Grandmother is, form factor-wise a descendent of The Prodigy or Realistic MG1.....same keyboard size and pitch/mod wheels but without the patch points....

But whats missed here is that its a unique little beast , sonically...CP mixer which you can overdrive and a spring reverb that CAN BE PATCHED to either filter to give a nice bloom or totally celestial or gnarly quailty!

You can even turn it to a 3 or 4(!!) oscillator synth.....

Ive ordered one and itll be a nice little addition to the rig....

I think with all the Moog one hoopla, this may be overlooked by the denizens here, but Im slowly falling in love with it, like the dark haired, bespectacled geeky girl who turns out to be a beauty who eclipses the bomshells!

Ill report back when I get mine.....Kraft sez 1-2 weeks....

"I have constantly tried to deliver only products which withstand the closest scrutiny � products which prove themselves superior in every respect.�

Robert Bosch, 1919

• 1 year later...
Check out who is going to stay with us for quarantine and beyond! Hello Grandmother Moog!

1011.thumb.jpg.8fc6304abf705364c116a663baf6f6ba.jpg

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Nice one Joe.

I"ve been wanting one for a while. I hope you have fun with it.

I was trying to figure out if it"s possible to patch in an external delay before the reverb?

Darren

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

Check out who is going to stay with us for quarantine and beyond! Hello Grandmother Moog!

Awesome Joe! Here's some inspiration for you:

Cool! I will check that out. This thing is a blast, and I haven't even opened the bag of patch cables that came with it yet. :)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• 2 years later...