Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Moog One. The Polyphonic.

Exactly! I like my Deepmind 12 more than I thought I would, the price drop made me decide to give it a try. I'm usually a preset guy but I have had a ball creating my own sounds. The Moog One sounds like a great synth. I would bet they'd sell more if the price was a bit more down to earth. Save your money wait till the next recession and watch the price fall! Looking at the stock market plunge 400pts today it might come sooner than you think.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly! I like my Deepmind 12 more than I thought I would, the price drop made me decide to give it a try. I'm usually a preset guy but I have had a ball creating my own sounds. The Moog One sounds like a great synth. I would bet they'd sell more if the price was a bit more down to earth. Save your money wait till the next recession and watch the price fall! Looking at the stock market plunge 400pts today it might come sooner than you think.
When it comes down to it, I'm not really a synth player anyways. If we're speaking of keyboards alone, I'd use and get a lot more personal enjoyment from spending 6 grand on a nice DP/speaker setup, or getting myself an upright and a couple of mics for recording with. The Moog One is a dream piece of mine like it is for everyone, but it'd probably end up getting used way less than its worth.

Save your money wait till the next recession and watch the price fall! Looking at the stock market plunge 400pts today it might come sooner than you think.

So because it isn't priced like a Behringer, you are wishing for a stock market plunge meaning a nationwide loss of jobs and an economy disaster that ripples through banks, employers, millions of middle class people, et al just so you can drive the price of a keyboard within your selfish reach? Classy my man, real classy...

I hope Moog does follow through on implementing polyAT. Alesis promised it in the Andromeda and got as far as including it in the list of modulation sources, but it never happened.

TELL ME ABOUT IT! :taz::taz::taz::taz::taz:

There is no way I am spending $8000 (or even $80!) on a polysynth that doesn't respond to PolyAT. I learned my lesson with both the Andromeda and SE Omega 8.

Even after they add poly AT support to the One, you're still looking at a 45lb. keyboard you need to drag to your gigs along with your poly AT controller. Maybe it would make more sense to wait for Moog to put out a module.

I hope Moog does follow through on implementing polyAT. Alesis promised it in the Andromeda and got as far as including it in the list of modulation sources, but it never happened.

TELL ME ABOUT IT! :taz::taz::taz::taz::taz:

There is no way I am spending $8000 (or even $80!) on a polysynth that doesn't respond to PolyAT. I learned my lesson with both the Andromeda and SE Omega 8.

Even after they add poly AT support to the One, you're still looking at a 45lb. keyboard you need to drag to your gigs along with your poly AT controller. Maybe it would make more sense to wait for Moog to put out a module.

I would not want it (Poly AT, or to lug my Midiboard around) for live use. I also have other synths that do respond to it, (OB6, Prophet 6, Polaris) so while it would be nice, not crucial for me.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

So because it isn't priced like a Behringer, you are wishing for a stock market plunge meaning a nationwide loss of jobs and an economy disaster that ripples through banks, employers, millions of middle class people, et al just so you can drive the price of a keyboard within your selfish reach? Classy my man, real classy...

Not wishing, expecting the inevitable. I never wrote the word "wish". You are putting your guess of the motivation. It's like saving for a rainy day. You don't wish for rain, unless your in a drought. It just happens. Same thing with recessions, you don't want them but when they happen you buy up under valued stocks if you can.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

Not wishing, expecting the inevitable. I never wrote the word "wish". You are putting your guess of the motivation. It's like saving for a rainy day. You don't wish for rain, unless your in a drought. It just happens. Same thing with recessions, you don't want them but when they happen you buy up under valued stocks if you can.

I don't care whether you said the word "wish" or not. No amount of semantic evasions will excuse your poor disposition.

Some of us support the labor and effort that went into this wonderful instrument we have been wishing for a long time.

Well Guv, I don't gig anymore, so that isn't an issue. If I did it would be with just a Laptop, a VAX77 (folding keyboard, fits in a rolling suitcase!) and maybe a Behringer D; I certainly wouldn't be taking a Moog One out.

122308_fold_1.jpgInfinite-Response-VAX77-the-Fold-Carry-Keyboard-4.jpg

Also, given that the Moog One has five internal fans and a huge number of knobs/etc., any non-keyboard version would be pretty massive. I think Moog looks at this as a flagship synth, and believe it would be highly unlikely they release a module.

Well Guv, I don't gig anymore, so that isn't an issue. If I did it would be with just a Laptop, a VAX77 (folding keyboard, fits in a rolling suitcase!) and maybe a Behringer D; I certainly wouldn't be taking a Moog One out.

Also, given that the Moog One has five internal fans and a huge number of knobs/etc., any non-keyboard version would be pretty massive. I think Moog looks at this as a flagship synth, and believe it would be highly unlikely they release a module.

Like the other fellow, would love to try a VAX someday.

In my area, portability is a consideration, because we're expected to bring gear to the MAKCF "venue" for show-and-tell with the rest of the MACKF mafia/gang/club.

I doubt the One in its full glory would be repackaged as a module. I could see a OPoint Five in a module though. I doubt Moog worked this hard on the One to just let the technology gather dust in their factory and not do something more with it in the form of future products.

Like the other fellow, would love to try a VAX someday.

While I kinda wish I hadn't sold my Kurzweil MIDIBoard, I absolutely love the VAX77. Really excellent control of PolyAT, and a very good all-purpose keyboard touch for playing both piano and synth. They are as rare as hens' teeth these days, very rarely going up for sale.

Chuck Levins put up the Moog One on their FB page. So who's up for an MAKCF-esque party at Chucks when it lands there?

:wave:

:like:

I'll definitely trek up to the mecca for a mini-MAKCH to check out the Moog One.

I already know it will not supplant my Prophet 6. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I pulled the trigger. I'm reasonably confident support for poly aftertouch will materialize in a software update, but am content with it as-is.

This is the most complete and well thought out analog poly I have seen in a long time. Any future update adding new effects or whatever will be icing on the cake.

It has real preset bank and slot select buttons, just like the old Roland arrangement I was so fond of. Fricking amazing - never thought I would see those again.

Moe

---

Congratulations.

We all hate you.

Nonsense! Some of us just want to be invited over for Thanksgiving.

Acoustic: Shigeru Kawai SK-7 ~ Breedlove C2/R

MIDI: Kurzweil Forte ~ Sequential Prophet X ~ Yamaha CP88 ~ Expressive E Osmose

Electric: Schecter Solo Custom Exotic ~ Chapman MLB1 Signature Bass

I pulled the trigger. I'm reasonably confident support for poly aftertouch will materialize in a software update, but am content with it as-is.

This is the most complete and well thought out analog poly I have seen in a long time. Any future update adding new effects or whatever will be icing on the cake.

It has real preset bank and slot select buttons, just like the old Roland arrangement I was so fond of. Fricking amazing - never thought I would see those again.

These next two weeks are going to drag. I am also hoping for PolyAT and MPE, but if they never show up, so be it. If they do, I am picturing myself with the One perched on my Midiboard wearing a crown, scepter and ermine robe. King of the world, ma.

P.S....I do not really have delusions of grandeur.

P.P.S.. And not real fur. Faux ermine. But not even that.

P.P.P.S I will need a cape though, and will be in multitimbral dual manual (one with PolyAT) bliss.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

Congratulations.

We all hate you.

8 or 16 voice, Dave? Need to know how much hate will be involved here. :laugh:

16 voices, hate on! :w00t: This is either going to allow me to finally sell my inoperative Chroma, or inspire me to finally fix it.

I think a Blofeld would be a good companion synth to do the digital waveforms that the Moog won't. Costs much less too...

Moe

---