Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Jimmy, I'm using a Spacestation at present and I have a Behringer sub if I feel the need. I want to grab a Key Largo to tidy my FOH send and monitor sends up (for some reason the sub out on the SSv3 has ceased to work. I used to use it to send my signal to FOH. I would like to A/B the SSv3 up against the EVs and determine which way I want to go. Key Largo should make that an easy comparison. Also have a pair of Behringer B215s that sound good but weigh a ton. Have a single B212 that i used as a monitor for years. Good bang for the buck and the weight is fairly light. I have used JBL EON G2s before that I borrowed from a DJ friend so I know and remember what those were like. If I like the EVs better, I may sell the SSv3. We'll see.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Business travel took me right past Sweetwater, so I couldnt resist the urge to stop in. Needed a keyboard to practice while traveling, so I tried the Kross 2 61 and the Juno DS 61. Wound up getting the Juno DS as I couldnt connect with the Kross interface and button layout.

Ive only had it for a week. The keybed takes some getting used to and adjusting the touch setting helped, so Im happy with the purchase so far.

I now have a nice battery-powered rig with the Bose S1 Pro. Also picked up 8 Panasonic Eneloop rechargeable batteries. Would be interested if anyone has recommendations for rechargeables.

Nord Stage 3 HA88, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30, Rolls PM55P, K&M 18880 + 18881, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII, Zoom Q2n-4K

Well, I suppose a fair related question might be "what have you sold recently?"

In the space of two weeks this summer, I sold via Craigslist:

Nord Piano 2 88, Nord Electro 4D 61 (both duplicates)

2xQSC K8, 2xQSC K10, 2xQSC KW153

CPS SSv3 (duplicate)

DeepMind 12 (wasn't using it), X-Air 16 mixer

SpiderPro stand, speaker stands, stage snake

And probably some other stuff I can't remember. It was a busy two weeks.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

The keyboard rack is well filled enough, but a welcome purchase was very cheap Western Digital SSD for 24 euros. That's cheapest I could find, no shipping cost either, so now the (first generation) I7 server machine receives a Fedora 28/64bit update to replace Fedora 17, which makes it very up to date. It's already on, wasn't hard, and the old 2TB drive still works as well, but now I need to check the apache install compatibility, find email and bookmarks for the new software, etc etc etc etc, to arrive at the importance.

The Linux music s.w. I run on (mainly) two other I7s wasn't directly compatible because of the older OS version, so now I can put on the latest recompiles of the stuff I need for my huge production signal graphs in similar versions. That might mean I have to (just like on Fedora 25/26 (64bit) on the other machines) compile stuff like my adapted jack-rack, Jamin, maybe jackd (the streaming audio server) itself, Carla (with network presentation and Dexed VST for Linux), Patchage (for editing large audio graphs WYSIWYG), and maybe some more.

T

A pair of RCF EVOX J8 units.

rcf-evox-j8.jpg

As I mentioned before, I'm now part of a trio playing cocktail music in large, boomy ballrooms where we're sort of background. A mini line array might be just the trick to reach the back without blasting out the front.

Slick package, decent reviews, nice price, RCF knows what they're doing, etc.

I'll let you know what I think of them after I try them a few times, compared to all the other cr*p quality audio gear in my collection.

A bit overkill for a keys rig, but I guess I'll try that too before long.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Last week my wife surprised me with a Mellotron Micro! While I've been around the old tape-laden beast in the past I never owned one. I know it's just a boutique rompler but I'm loving it anyway. So cute!!!

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

This:

lcr2400-features.jpg

Not very exciting, but my new studio/rehearsal/recording space has some serious power issues, so I have the control room running off of this. Considering getting 2 more to protect the 2 circuits on the main floor.

I don't have issue with noise for power yet but haven't recorded a lot yet but was thinking to buy one of this stuff, is expensive? Did it solved immediately all your problems?

The problem I was having was not with noise, it was with major swings in line voltage that were frying the UPS's in the control room. We put in the Tripp-Lite, and, with an electrician friend of mine, found what may have been causing the problems and fixed it. Thus far, everything seems to be working fine. We also took the Tripp-Lite to a live sound gig that was running off of a generator, and ran the front-of-house and all the processing on it. It worked like a charm, and I could see that the voltage regulation was switching in and out, so I know it was working.

The unit was around $300, and I think totally worth it. It makes some acoustic noise when the voltage regulation is switching in, but nothing too serious.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

I finally found a used Roland FA-06 for $630 that I couldn't pass up. The action is something I'm quickly getting used to, but programming patches, splits and layers is especially tedious with all of the button pressing (spoiled by the Kronos!).

I might give the on-board sequencer a try for a new original project. I've always used a computer for writing, but at 12 pounds, I can set up pretty much anywhere in the house.

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

Just picked up a pair of EV ZLX-12p papered speakers. Selling two of my JBL EON G2 and keeping one pair. I will find out this weekend how they work together.

Interested in how these work out for you. Been eyeing a pair myself.

Midinut, my observation for the EV ZLX 12 after a solo show with one and using in a large outdoor setup.

1. Solo, my vocals sounded as rich and full as if I was using the 15 JBL G2 and plenty of bottom for piano. I was impressed.

2. Full on PA for outdoor sound show for 4 bands. We had a QSC powdered system of two 15-horns and two QSC 18 subs. Added the EV ZLX 12 along with three Renkus Hienz powered 18 subs. I used my QSC Touch Mix 16 with iPad to mix and the system sounded incredible. As good as any sound companie I have had do sound with equipment costing 3 times this one. The musicians that stuck around all raved about the clarity and quality of the mix.

3. Now I have only one more place to use them and that is as monitor in a band situation.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

I have it and I use it during a gig for my drumbrute and when I need the laptop, it goes on it too, I'm even thinking to buy a second one that I could use for the drumbrute impact I plan to buy and I should have enough too to put à vent II on it as well....
Stage 2, C2, NL2X+TC Pedals, P08+Tetra+H9, P12+TC Chorus D50+PG1000, 2 Matrix 1K, Proteus 2K, TX802, Streichfett, Drumbrute. Guitars:G&L Legacy, Asat X2, Ibanez Artstar AS153.Bass: L2000, SR1200&2605.

This:

lcr2400-features.jpg

Not very exciting, but my new studio/rehearsal/recording space has some serious power issues, so I have the control room running off of this. Considering getting 2 more to protect the 2 circuits on the main floor.

I don't have issue with noise for power yet but haven't recorded a lot yet but was thinking to buy one of this stuff, is expensive? Did it solved immediately all your problems?

The problem I was having was not with noise, it was with major swings in line voltage that were frying the UPS's in the control room. We put in the Tripp-Lite, and, with an electrician friend of mine, found what may have been causing the problems and fixed it. Thus far, everything seems to be working fine. We also took the Tripp-Lite to a live sound gig that was running off of a generator, and ran the front-of-house and all the processing on it. It worked like a charm, and I could see that the voltage regulation was switching in and out, so I know it was working.

The unit was around $300, and I think totally worth it. It makes some acoustic noise when the voltage regulation is switching in, but nothing too serious.

So, for 300$, I assume it's not a Big transformer that Will deliver an perfect isolated AC currently right?

Stage 2, C2, NL2X+TC Pedals, P08+Tetra+H9, P12+TC Chorus D50+PG1000, 2 Matrix 1K, Proteus 2K, TX802, Streichfett, Drumbrute. Guitars:G&L Legacy, Asat X2, Ibanez Artstar AS153.Bass: L2000, SR1200&2605.

Well, I suppose a fair related question might be "what have you sold recently?"

In the space of two weeks this summer, I sold via Craigslist:

Nord Piano 2 88, Nord Electro 4D 61 (both duplicates)

2xQSC K8, 2xQSC K10, 2xQSC KW153

CPS SSv3 (duplicate)

DeepMind 12 (wasn't using it), X-Air 16 mixer

SpiderPro stand, speaker stands, stage snake

And probably some other stuff I can't remember. It was a busy two weeks.

So, so do you have the X-Air18 now?

Yes, we're using the X Air 18. The X Air 16 was fine, but couldn't act as a multi-channel front end for a DAW. When I bought the 16, there was no recording being discussed, but that changed, so ... upgraded to the X Air 18. Just hook a laptop up to the mixer for the rehearsal or gig, and -- bingo.

For the most part, I'm pretty happy with it, especially in the bang-for-buck department. And a lot of people know how to use them, it seems.

Tonight's gig we paid $50 for a guy to mix sound for a bigger gig. I brought the gear.

He brought his iPad, we did the rest. And we sounded good all night long. Money well spent, especially since I didn't have to do double duty. Way more fun when I can just play ...

Tonight's gig we paid $50 for a guy to mix sound for a bigger gig.

good for you. Hard to believe you can get anyone to do anything for $50. I wouldn't leave my house for a gig for less than $100 twenty years ago. Go figure.

:nopity:

Tonight's gig we paid $50 for a guy to mix sound for a bigger gig.

good for you. Hard to believe you can get anyone to do anything for $50. I wouldn't leave my house for a gig for less than $100 twenty years ago. Go figure.

Well, we also made sure he always had a beer in his hand ...

Same here....Good sound guy, 50$ an hour, 4 hours gig, 200$...Ok, he does the roadie as well and he's here before and after to help us setting up and tearing down....

so I have a XK1c backordered..... they keep pushing the date back. Hows that work? Moving target? Maybe just a trick to get you to hit the buy button

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255