Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

This:

lcr2400-features.jpg

Not very exciting, but my new studio/rehearsal/recording space has some serious power issues, so I have the control room running off of this. Considering getting 2 more to protect the 2 circuits on the main floor.

And this:

ao76nynrh90re3zn5cua.png

Years ago, I gave away my Moogerfooger ring mod to a friend of mine, a sax player who has done some very cool things with it. Picked this up, it's not quite as cool, but sounds great on Rhodes.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Not purchased, but I just won this little beast in a contest! :rawk: (From a midwestern retailer that shares a name with boxed mac 'n cheese)

11061966_800.jpg

Different sonic character from my Moog LP... sort of "clean", with less warm fuzziness around the edges, but NOT thin, buzzy, or piercing. I like it! Solid build and stupid easy to dial in good bass sounds. Can also get into "weird" territory with little effort.

I make software noises.

Had a gig last week where I had to put the rack on the floor. Little amp stand seems to be the answer. Lucky the power connections are clear in back.

PFRpXxC2_o.jpg

rxH6J7OV_o.jpg

Actually, Im so frustrated with dealing with the rack and placement, I bought one of those cool panels from Redco like you have here. Except ALL my connections will happen in front now, including AC, and I can put it on the floor anywhere, and actually be able to see it. Hopefully the panel shows up this week.

My SL88 Studio showed up Monday. Digging in.

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

I went to Andertons yesterday, to check out the DSI Sequential 6, vs OB 6 vs Prophet Rev 2. Only my second visit, as it is a 550 mile round trip for me, but I had to be in the general area for other business.

Dismissed the OB6 fairly quickly, great sound, but the SAME sound, on every patch. I think that would become very old for me, and fairly fast.

Came away with the REV 2. I KNOW it was the right decision, it has 61 keys, as against 49 on the Seq 6, it can do splits and layers, which the Seq 6 can't, and it is £640 cheaper, which is not inconsiderable.

Why then, on my return home, am I still hearing the sounds of the Seq 6 in my head?

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

Picked up a Roli Seaboard 49.

Just started playing with Equator and Strobe2 - wow! Now to grab the Cypher2 upgrade and lose my mind ...

Opens up a whole new universe for me. Looking forward to exploring it.

Now to add Decker's Dream to my wish list. Could make for a interesting CS80 clone methinks.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Vintage 80's Tama ArtWood birch snare - 100% original and in excellent condition. Its very thin - I think 4mm and quite resonant. Nice body and crack to it, perfect bearing edges. It will definitely cut! Kind of came up out of nowhere via a friend connected to a church clearing out an old storage room. I got a great deal on it, so into the snare cabinet it goes! Just like guitars, sometimes having an alternate "color" is exactly what a track needs.

Just picked up a pair of EV ZLX-12p papered speakers. Selling two of my JBL EON G2 and keeping one pair. I will find out this weekend how they work together.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Yamaha DZR10 powered speaker. Extremely happy so far, judged against my QSC K10's and K8.2's. Slightly bigger and heavier than a K10, but sounds great even at very loud levels where the QSC's start to choke.

HX3.5|NS3|NE5D73|NUMAX73|SP6|XK-1c|MOXF8|PX-5S|D1|Monologue|Wurli 200|K2vxS|M3|145|Hohner Concerto iii|Vent II|Key Largo|DZR10|K8.2's

JV-1000 from Music Go Round. Everything seems to work, and looks like it either never had the red glue problem or someone re-did the gluing. I find it interesting that the presence slider dows work, but on certain sounds, I think it boosts the eq too far for the DA converters if you put it all the way up. It distorts a little. But that's only at its max setting. Haven't tested the floppy drive yet, but it powers up when the keyboard is on and there is a light on.

1186_E39_E_1_BCE_4987_8_AEA_284_DDAE652_EA.jpg

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Just picked up a pair of EV ZLX-12p papered speakers. Selling two of my JBL EON G2 and keeping one pair. I will find out this weekend how they work together.

Interested in how these work out for you. Been eyeing a pair myself.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Midinut, Right off the bat they are easier to carry and lighter weight! And I have played a few hours through them at moderate to low volume and they seem to have enough bottom. They did get quite warm on the back after being on for 4 hours. We will see how they work in live settings this week and weekend.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

3 hours ago i bought a moog minitaur...

Great little beast !!!

It was really thinking to buy one, especially with the update they did that gives you patch management with the Software....Could you tell me a bit more, why you bought it? To do what, what do you like about it?

Stage 2, C2, NL2X+TC Pedals, P08+Tetra+H9, P12+TC Chorus D50+PG1000, 2 Matrix 1K, Proteus 2K, TX802, Streichfett, Drumbrute. Guitars:G&L Legacy, Asat X2, Ibanez Artstar AS153.Bass: L2000, SR1200&2605.

This:

lcr2400-features.jpg

Not very exciting, but my new studio/rehearsal/recording space has some serious power issues, so I have the control room running off of this. Considering getting 2 more to protect the 2 circuits on the main floor.

And this:

ao76nynrh90re3zn5cua.png

Years ago, I gave away my Moogerfooger ring mod to a friend of mine, a sax player who has done some very cool things with it. Picked this up, it's not quite as cool, but sounds great on Rhodes.

I don't have issue with noise for power yet but haven't recorded a lot yet but was thinking to buy one of this stuff, is expensive? Did it solved immediately all your problems?

Stage 2, C2, NL2X+TC Pedals, P08+Tetra+H9, P12+TC Chorus D50+PG1000, 2 Matrix 1K, Proteus 2K, TX802, Streichfett, Drumbrute. Guitars:G&L Legacy, Asat X2, Ibanez Artstar AS153.Bass: L2000, SR1200&2605.

I've joined the dark side. I tihnk it'll be a lot of fun to mess around with and give me some new creative outlets to explore.

13326826_800.jpg

You wil love it, I found the first model, normal one, not impact, two months ago at 300$ USD used/like new in a store and I'planning to buy this one, they will complement very well each other ....I hadn't used any Drumbox for 20 years and I learnt how to,use the sequencer very fats, great product....You know that on top of that, it's a French company....So, a bonus for me....

Bought an Alesis SR-16 and Alesis Harmony 61. Its incredibly easy for me to program the SR-16.

Ok good to know for the SR -16, I had read that it was a PITA to program....How do you like he sound, are the drums samples any good?

I've joined the dark side. I tihnk it'll be a lot of fun to mess around with and give me some new creative outlets to explore.

13326826_800.jpg

You wil love it, I found the first model, normal one, not impact, two months ago at 300$ USD used/like new in a store and I'planning to buy this one, they will complement very well each other ....I hadn't used any Drumbox for 20 years and I learnt how to,use the sequencer very fats, great product....You know that on top of that, it's a French company....So, a bonus for me....

I'm a big fan of it, I like how it sounds a lot more than the original, personally. The overdrive circuit has a really nice trashy compression to it that gives everything a really cool character. I'm just starting to sink my teeth in chaining it together with me SE-02 to try and make some stuff to play over. So far, all the beats I'm programming end up sounding like 90s RnB, and I'm totally ok with it.