Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Birch Powered Cabinets

Cabinets  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Cabinets

The better half has kinda okayed the purchase of some "forever" speakers :idk and I am leaning towards

EV ETX10

Yamaha DZR 10

I can't swing the RCF tt 08 as the others are a reach as it is.

Cast your vote, or other ideas are welcome.

"I  cried when I wrote this song
Sue me if I play too long"

Walter Becker Donald Fagan 1977 Deacon Blues

I've had a DZR10 for a few weeks now. Love it; will probably be picking up another soon. I also own a couple of QSC K10's and K8.2's. No contest when being pushed, and more natural sounding (for lack of a better word) at lower volumes. I don't have any experience with the EV, but based solely on specs, the Yamaha has the edge (frequency range, SPL, weight, etc.).

HX3.5|NS3|NE5D73|NUMAX73|SP6|XK-1c|MOXF8|PX-5S|D1|Monologue|Wurli 200|K2vxS|M3|145|Hohner Concerto iii|Vent II|Key Largo|DZR10|K8.2's

you prefer the DZR10 over the K8.2 ?
Other than size and weight, yes, by far. It also cost almost twice as much! :o

HX3.5|NS3|NE5D73|NUMAX73|SP6|XK-1c|MOXF8|PX-5S|D1|Monologue|Wurli 200|K2vxS|M3|145|Hohner Concerto iii|Vent II|Key Largo|DZR10|K8.2's

Sound forums are all raving about Yamaha's new "Z" series. Those who have tried them out say that they have better low frequency extension and smoother highs than their "S" predecessors. But this all comes at a price.

Rotatable 60x90 horn should come in handy if you want to use it as a floor monitor.

• 3 years later...

I've been  using a DZR 12 for over a year, very happy with the sound from it. It's used primarily for acoustic piano (usually Nord Stage 2 or Grand) and LH bass. I went with the 12 to better cover bass. I think piano sounds are more natural than the Bose L1 Model II with B2 sub I was using. Voices and acoustic guitar sound great through it, also. Plenty of volume for bigger rooms, but works well in small ones, too.  It's not light at 49 lbs., I use a collapsible hand cart. If I didn't have to cover bass, I would get the DZR 10.     

• Like 1