Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2948372 - 09/14/18 05:48 PM My Triumph just turned into a defeat!
picker Offline
10k Club

Loc: Near 12th Street and Vine...
Anybody know the ins & outs with Peavey Triumph amps? Mine just shot craps after being on for a few minutes. Can't find a fuse on the back. I really hope it isn't one of those jugheaded designs that has the fuse inside, and you have to take it all apart to replace it!

GP Island
#2948433 - 09/15/18 07:50 AM Re: My Triumph just turned into a defeat! [Re: picker]
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Near Phoenix Az
Looks like the fuse is inside the amp. See picture below. Fuse is near the right side of the picture above to the orange wires.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Peavey+Triumph+60+fuse+position&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwji4ZDxoL3dAhXpwMQHHfQxBzsQ7Al6BAgAEA0&biw=1525&bih=696#imgrc=vFPRuRdBxRC-uM:
Harvey Cedars is my stage name on Soundclick

#2948448 - 09/15/18 10:30 AM Re: My Triumph just turned into a defeat! [Re: picker]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

Loc: The Great Spirit's Handprint o...
A few times when repairing Peavey amps for friend here and there over the years, I opened them up to find disgusting syrup-like residue on the circuit-boards, left over from sloppy manufacturing, and lots of poor quality cold-solder-joints and damaged looking traces on the PCB's. I touched-up many solder-joints, cleaned everything, jumpered a few PCB traces, and added RTV compound (kinda like high-grade silicon caulk) to wobbly capacitors and other such components. I was told each time that these amps were quieter and better sounding after I'd fixed 'em up than they were when they were new! YYMV, but look for stuff like that if you peek under the hood. Be safe, too!

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

#2948474 - 09/15/18 01:11 PM Re: My Triumph just turned into a defeat! [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
Darned drag there, PMan, but I'm less helpful than if I were WFang.
Why'm I here ?
T'let ya' know that, whatever else, I'd put my money behind CO'S's advice.

Ya gotta 'member that----& this will seem a commentary on social issues, mebbe----Peavey amps, while a positive force overall, were mostly manufactured ("manufractured" ?) by a workforce that was not drawn from experts.
That might be said of Fender, or others, as well but since the impetus ws local-force development for federal funding, there were prolly consistently lower standards, even over the long term....
Was Peavy, like Leo F, a committed electronics cat working for musos or a bizcat, like Carvin, wrangling in on the growing gtr amp biz of the 1960s ?
I'll abide by other, more knowledgeable comments....

#2948482 - 09/15/18 01:45 PM Re: My Triumph just turned into a defeat! [Re: d]
picker Offline
10k Club

Thanks, guys.

#2948484 - 09/15/18 01:53 PM Re: My Triumph just turned into a defeat! [Re: picker]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

We gotta acknowledge that PMan never wastes words !
poke facepalm grin

#2948486 - 09/15/18 01:58 PM Re: My Triumph just turned into a defeat! [Re: d]
picker Offline
10k Club

Originally Posted By: d
We gotta acknowledge that PMan never wastes words !
poke facepalm grin

Oh, I've burned words by the thousands before. I'm trying to be less loquacious these days. I figured "Thanks, guys." covered it.

#2948491 - 09/15/18 02:17 PM Re: My Triumph just turned into a defeat! [Re: picker]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

That's part of why we love ya, PMan !

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose