Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#2980214 - 03/15/19 07:42 AM Re: What's in your ears? [Re: whitefang]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
Brother Winston I like it kind of quiet 1st thing in the morning...the wife has the TV on around 5am long before I get up between 6 and 7am. But she keeps the volume on the low down till I get my 1st cup of coffee! I can't imagine cranking the music up loud at 3am LOL! cool

GP Island
#2980253 - 03/15/19 01:45 PM Re: What's in your ears? [Re: Larryz]
Winston Psmith Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Inside the Beltway
Originally Posted By: Larryz
Brother Winston I like it kind of quiet 1st thing in the morning...the wife has the TV on around 5am long before I get up between 6 and 7am. But she keeps the volume on the low down till I get my 1st cup of coffee! I can't imagine cranking the music up loud at 3am LOL! cool

Ah, nice set of studio-quality headphones does it for me . . .

When I wake up, it's not a slow emerging from the gentle folds of sleep, or anything like that: all systems are firing, the meters are red-lining, and it's best to just get moving. I've gotten a lot of recording done, during the Hour of the Wolf.

http://www.novparolo.com

#2980263 - 03/15/19 02:33 PM Re: What's in your ears? [Re: Winston Psmith]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
"(The) Houri of (The) Woof" ?
...kinda sounds like somethin' from WW 2---like the LuftWolf or something.

Here's how we experienced wakers wake.
Phone clicks into alarm mode
(note that it's the phone that gets alarmed rather than I)
It plays the sound of a bird call that goes off every 5 minutes while I execute a series of stretches & limbering up-ish moves
Then at the proper moment
this Dirge For EnNightentment scares the cat & all the alien demons from my I'm-Mediate Invinci-Vincinity taz grin

Uh, so what's in yer ears ?

#2980312 - 03/16/19 04:16 AM Re: What's in your ears? [Re: Larryz]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
Originally Posted By: Larryz

Well now, there IS a difference between "first thing" in the morning, and STAYING UP until 3am. I don't know ANYBODY who gets up at that hour. But then too, it HAS been many a moon since I STAYED UP that late! wink AND TOO, cranked up the tunes loud at that time. laugh
White(long in the)fang

#2980321 - 03/16/19 04:53 AM Re: What's in your ears? [Re: whitefang]
Winston Psmith Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: whitefang
I don't know ANYBODY who gets up at that hour. White(long in the)fang

You do now, brother. I see 3 AM every day of my life, whether I want to or not, and 99% of the time, it's not because I stayed up . . .

#2980338 - 03/16/19 08:25 AM Re: What's in your ears? [Re: Winston Psmith]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
I'm pretty sure he was getting up 1st thing in the morning Fang...

I think it's great if it works for you Winston. I woke up about 3am last night but I refuse to get up that early to test out that writing with the wolf concept LOL! I learned long ago that when something keeps you from sleeping, you can stay in bed and meditate. Your body will still get the rest it needs. Getting up and writing material with headphones on is cool and keeps you from waking up the whole house! bor

#2980344 - 03/16/19 09:49 AM Re: What's in your ears? [Re: Larryz]
Winston Psmith Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Bergman's take on the Hour of the Wolf, for which he titled his film - "The hour between night and dawn. The hour when most people die, when sleep is deepest, when nightmares are most real. It is the hour when the sleepless are haunted by their deepest fears, when ghost and demons are most powerful, the hour of the wolf is also the hour when most children are born."

I feel right at home . . .

Back on topic, here's a haunted-sounding tune that I've loved for decades. Call it Art-Rock, Chamber Music for Psychotics, whatever you like . . .

"Can hats favor fire?
Can a hat aspire to higher things?"

Edited by Winston Psmith (03/16/19 09:55 AM)

#2980358 - 03/16/19 12:23 PM Re: What's in your ears? [Re: Winston Psmith]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
Originally Posted By: Winston Psmith
Bergman's take on the Hour of the Wolf, for which he titled his film - "The hour between night and dawn. The hour when most people die, when sleep is deepest, when nightmares are most real. It is the hour when the sleepless are haunted by their deepest fears, when ghost and demons are most powerful, the hour of the wolf is also the hour when most children are born."

I feel right at home . . .

Back on topic, here's a haunted-sounding tune that I've loved for decades. Call it Art-Rock, Chamber Music for Psychotics, whatever you like . . .

"Can hats favor fire?
Can a hat aspire to higher things?"

"The hour between night and dawn..." idk
That must've been all the way back when the rapid turning of the Earth kept eveyone so spin-dizzy they were creating religions L & R & that rapid day/night/day/again thang allowed some folks to reach ages like 837...
Anywhat, I've heard that "Slappy Hat" track (as well as the unrelated Monty P trope)....the orchestral bits are prolly over my head in some ways but in places remind me of what George Martin did on "I'm Gonna Be A Walrus When I Grow Up' by Little Johnny Lennon.

#2980417 - Yesterday at 04:31 AM Re: What's in your ears? [Re: Winston Psmith]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

Originally Posted By: Winston Psmith
Originally Posted By: whitefang
I don't know ANYBODY who gets up at that hour. White(long in the)fang

You do now, brother. I see 3 AM every day of my life, whether I want to or not, and 99% of the time, it's not because I stayed up . . .

That must be tiring. ALMOST as tiring as having everything you might post in this forum constantly taken out of context! I mean...whatever happened to critical thought? wink

It should have been crystal clear obvious that when I stated, "I don't know ANYBODY who gets up at that hour." that I also meant ON PURPOSE! rolleyes Sure, I understand....

Week before last I too, awoke at that ungodly hour with some scary physical sensations that caused me to both drive myself to the ER, on one occasion, and call EMS the second time(two days later) and with which the ER doctors, content enough with only being able to tell me what the problem WASN'T, sent me home. My regular doc adjusted my BP meds and since then there've been no repeats.
Whitefang

#2980421 - Yesterday at 05:55 AM Re: What's in your ears? [Re: whitefang]
Winston Psmith Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

@Whitefang - Damn, brother, sorry about the scare! I hope that doesn't happen again.

BTW, I didn't misconstrue the intent of your statement. You know the old line about how "It is better to light one candle than curse the darkness"? I choose to get up, make coffee, let the dogs out and start my day, in the dead of night, because if I'm awake, I might as well be doing something, instead of lying in bed, doing nothing but wondering why I'm awake. I get things done, before the morning paper arrives.

Back on track, here's a tune I know you'll know and appreciate, first thing on a Sun Day morning . . .

#2980531 - Today at 04:21 AM Re: What's in your ears? [Re: Winston Psmith]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

Worry not Winston. Sure, it's happened again, but knowing it's NOT caused by anything life threatening (so far as anyone knows) I simply sat still in my chair and soldiered through it until it passed.

And I do that too, and have been for some time, (since my wife came home and was in a home-set hospital bed until her end). You know, get out of bed because just lying in bed wide awake got uncomfortable and that's when I would( and still) get up and get a "cuppa" and spend some time here and on other forums until time to get started on Alicia's daily care routine.
Whitefang

#2980541 - Today at 06:28 AM Re: What's in your ears? [Re: Winston Psmith]
Danzilla Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Ah, the Hour of the Wolf... Waiting on the wolflight

"Wolflight, Eagle's Wing
Out of the body
and into the dream"

#2980552 - 16 minutes 50 seconds ago Re: What's in your ears? [Re: Danzilla]
Winston Psmith Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

@Danzilla, did you see that last Steve Hackett tour? If not, keep an eye out, think he's returning to the U.S. later this year.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose