Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

This is a few months old, but since I'm new to this forum, here's the kind of prog/fusion stuff I've been working on recently, with some Seaboard sax, upright bass, and vibes (with mallets):

[video:youtube]

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

:thu:

I didn't know you could use mallets on a Seaboard (though why not, right?).

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Honestly, though it was a fun experiment, I'm not sure it's a perfect fit. Unlike a MalletKat, a Seaboard's velocity is somewhat "pressure" based. When you're playing it with your fingers, you don't notice it, and it really does work like actual velocity. However, if you have a bounce like with a percussive mallet, it doesn't really register very well because it's momentary and there's no time to register a "press" (if that makes any sense). I was able to combat this by choking up on the mallets (that's why I'm holding so close to the heads), and sort of playing "in" to the note, not letting it bounce the way you would on real bars.

It might work better with smaller, more solid heads. I'm tempted to order a pair of drums sticks with rubber heads. These would probably be soft enough not to damage the surface, but maybe change the action. Also, since keywaves are so much smaller than bars, accuracy is a challenge, and a smaller head would be nice.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

I guess this is the place vs Shameless Plugs.

I appreciate all who listened to my " Nuclear Moon "

My followup is a tune titled " Sahara"

Every part is created and recorded from the Kronos.

I am currently making an effort to create and feature rock guitar parts on Kronos

I have 38 original songs on Sound Cloud:

Thank you for the listen !

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I guess this is the place vs Shameless Plugs.

I appreciate all who listened to my " Nuclear Moon "

My followup is a tune titled " Sahara"

Every part is created and recorded from the Kronos.

I am currently making an effort to create and feature rock guitar parts on Kronos

I have 38 original songs on Sound Cloud:

Thank you for the listen !

I like "Sahara". Very nice. Maybe a slightly lower crunch guitar level if I did it? Either way, very nice, and good job. :)

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

EricBarker, I really liked the song. Loved the urgency created by the LH. I am mainly a sax player, and I had never heard such a convincing sax sound from a keys/synth setup. You even captured some "off intonation" that good sax players like to use up high on altissimo notes for a musical effect, akin to a rock singer screaming. Well done.

You Only Live Twice

This is my tribute to the late great John Barry. One of my favorite

composers of movie soundtracks. All instruments are Kronos.

Some of you might recall this James Bond movie. Can you

guess the year of the movie ?

Thanks for listening !

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

In the category of Things I Used To Be Able To Do, here's a selection from the only video of me playing a pipe organ. February 1, 2001, I was practicing for a friend's wedding. The organ is a Casavant tracker action, Opus 3080. The stop list is here: Wightman Chapel Organ

In spite of the German voicing, the organ still had the biting reeds of its French heritage. It sounds right to me. Playing a tracker is a bitch. Playing the Widor Toccata on a tracker is nuts.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

• 3 weeks later...

Posted on the shameless plugs, but gonna link it here again:

New video from my band, Smokestone from Brazil, live-ish in studio. Used my thrusty Roland VR-09 for organ and clav (plugged into a Cry Baby) and a real vintage upright piano. Hope you enjoy!

My drawbars go to eleven.

Gear: Roland VR-09, Nord Electro 2 61, Korg CX-3. Hear my music: facebook.com/smokestoneband

Posted this short little clip to Facebook and Instagram the other day, playing along to Larry Ellis & the Black Hammer's "Funky Thing (Pt.1)". C&C welcome!
Where's the cat? :idk:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Posted this short little clip to Facebook and Instagram the other day, playing along to Larry Ellis & the Black Hammer's "Funky Thing (Pt.1)". C&C welcome!
Where's the cat? :idk:

LOL! Probably sleeping on the couch in the living room. Was too early in the afternoon to be bugging me for dinner.