Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2018-2019 Thread

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't watch much of tonight's Rams/Raiders game; but between last night's contest and tonight's, Khalil Mack's reputation got a nice boost.

Dave, my condolences on the Raiders' loss; but congratulations on taking Week One in the Pick'em Pool.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I wonder what Giants fans were thinking last night, if they were watching the Jets and their rookie quarterback Darnold.

Granted the Giants played against a much tougher defense (Jax) than the Jets did (Lions). But when will the Giants again have a bad enough record to allow them to draft a top quarterback?

I doubt that anyone on this Forum has ever seen a quarterback put on a clinic as Aaron Rodgers put on this past week. Rodgers has a sprained knee, and was playing with a gimby leg. Unbelievable.

If any New England fans want to mention Brady in the same sentence with Rodgers, I'd say they'd be wrong. Sure Brady has 5 titles, Rodgers has one. But Brady has always had help.

I don't even watch the cry baby Steelers anymore. They're selfish, childish, and under achievers. Ben sucks. 5 turn overs against Cleveland?

I sure hope that Rogers can play the rest of this season. Its a pleasure to watch a real professional.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

I doubt that anyone on this Forum has ever seen a quarterback put on a clinic as Aaron Rodgers put on this past week. Rodgers has a sprained knee, and was playing with a gimby leg. Unbelievable.

15 years ago. Brett Farve. Monday Night Football. The day after his father died. Game for the ages. 399 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Must be a Green Bay thing.

:nopity:

15 years ago. Brett Farve. Monday Night Football. The day after his father died. Game for the ages. 399 yards and 4 touchdowns.

I remember that game only too well - they were playing the Raiders. :eek:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Yeah I do remember reading about it, but I didn't see it. Of course Rodgers was playing with a gimby leg. Farve had a habit of turning the ball over at the worst possible times. But I loved to watch him play. Never a dull moment.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Thanks, guys, for the Rodgers and Favre respect! :cool:

I was lucky enough to see both games we're discussing and they were indeed both amazing examples of overcoming adversity.

At this point, it's clear that at the very least Rodgers is heads and shoulders above any other quarterback ever in passing touchdown/interception ratio; and he blows Favre away in that respect. Favre, of course, handily beat all other quarterbacks when it came to durability; and while Rodgers is undeniably tough, he's about average in that regard. Other than those two qualities, I look at them as roughly equal in ability. Packers fans have been extraordinarily lucky to have them at quarterback for over a quarter-century.

Best,

Geoff

Favre was one of the most fun-to-watch quarterbacks I ever watched play, and his gunslinging style really stood out because when he started, the NFL was boring to watch with so many offenses seeming to be governed by a risk management approach. In contrast, I can't really remember cases where someone said that Rodgers blew a game with a careless pass at the wrong time. Considering how much he puts the ball up, that's saying a lot.

I can't think of another quarterback more exciting than Favre. Of course, part of the excitement was that he took more risks. They paid off more often than not, but we all can think of times when they didn't.

Interestingly, despite holding the record for interceptions, Favre ranks 35th on the passing touchdown/interception ratio chart I linked to abovea respectable rank among all the quarterbacks in the history of the NFL. He ranks above Roger Staubach and Eli Manning, for example. This, of course, speaks to how many touchdowns Favre threw, a number which has only been bested by Peyton Manning.

Best,

Geoff

I can't think of another quarterback more exciting than Favre. Of course, part of the excitement was that he took more risks. They paid off more often than not, but we all can think of times when they didn't.

Interestingly, despite holding the record for interceptions, Favre ranks 35th on the passing touchdown/interception ratio chart I linked to abovea respectable rank among all the quarterbacks in the history of the NFL. He ranks above Roger Staubach and Eli Manning, for example. This, of course, speaks to how many touchdowns Favre threw, a number which has only been bested by Peyton Manning.

Best,

Geoff

No doubt the Pack has thrived on QB brilliance twice. In related news, the betting world is waiting to see if Rodgers plays Sunday. Big drop off with Kiser.

First half of the Packers game I just knew I'd lost my week 1 Fantasy Football matchup when Rodgers went down.

I had no idea Rodgers would come back in the second half and torch the Bears. Definitely a classic performance. Possibly more dramatic than the aforementioned Favre game against the Raiders.

Packers fans have certainly been lucky at the QB position over a couple decades now. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

First half of the Packers game I just knew I'd lost my week 1 Fantasy Football matchup when Rodgers went down.

I had no idea Rodgers would come back in the second half and torch the Bears. Definitely a classic performance. Possibly more dramatic than the aforementioned Favre game against the Raiders.

Packers fans have certainly been lucky at the QB position over a couple decades now. :cool:

While Lions fans have had nothing but mediocre play at the RB position in the 20 years since Barry Sanders has retired, sigh.

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

Well, the Vikings never led during regulation; but they tied it up with 31 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter, and no one scored in overtime. A missed 52-yard field goal attempt by Mason Crosbywith seconds left in regulationcould have won the game for the Packers, and two missed attempts by Daniel Carlson could have won the game in overtime for the Vikings; but the final result was a tie.

The Packers start their 100th season at 1-0-1.

Best,

Geoff

The Broncos managed to squeak out a win in the final seconds of the game today. My condolences, Dave. It's tough to watch your team lead all day and then not come out with a win. (Kind of like the Packers earlier today, except they at least wound up with a tie.)

On the plus side, the Broncos/Raiders rivalry is alive and well.

Best,

Geoff

If Conor McGregor keeps throwing the ball the way he is in Tamba Bay he is never coming back to MMA.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

If Conor McGregor keeps throwing the ball the way he is in Tamba Bay he is never coming back to MMA.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt