Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2018-2019 Thread

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Khalil Mack to the Bears? For apparently two #1 picks? Interesting. Certainly strengthens the Bears D, especially when Green Bay was trying to get him too.

But 2 ones?

I know Gruden said the defense wasnt that good last year with Khalil Mack. So, now hes gone, they save a bundle and get picks.

I don't know. On the surface it makes sense too me but no analysts in Chicago expected especially Hub. It's expensive.

I'm skeptical. Bears need a pass rusher bad and Mack is a 27 year old monster who has never missed a game due to injury....but his production fell off last year and the Bears are going to pay him whole lotta money. The Raiders staff should know him better than anyone and they didn't want to pay him what an elite pass rusher is worth. I hope it works out well. I hope they don't rush him on the field if he isn't in game shape and get him hurt.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

http://dailysnark.com/even-madden-wont-allow-you-to-trade-khalil-mack-to-the-bears-if-youre-the-raiders/

In other news. Raiders release Martavis Bryant. And they go out and trade for AJ McCarron.

aj is familiar with amari cooper....

dont think this trade bodes well for him getting much playing time.

.... Jeff /// Yamaha P515 /// Roll Tide

Only four of us have registered so far.

Folks are scared to face you and me, man... :roll:

All forum members are welcome!

Link

Group ID#: 18388

Group Password: minimoog

Please note that we do not play for $ - just for fun.

dB

The first regular season game is the day after tomorrow, so be sure to sign up and get those picks in soon!

Dave, I don't see a point spread in the Pick'em list. Are we betting against the spread again this year?

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Congrats, Dave, on your second favorite team's opening win.

FWIW, I don't really rank the Eagles and Raiders forst and secind. I follw and support both for different reasons. :idk:

...but thanks. Eagles D looks terrifying again...but what was Atlanta thinking? They do have players other than Julio to whom Ryan can throw, yes? :rolleyes:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Yeah, the Falcons offense looked like a one trick pony. In fact, both offenses looked flawed while the defenses looked dominant.

Nonetheless, for all of Nick Foles's failings as a quarterback, he once again demonstrated that he's a better receiver than Tom Brady.

Best,

Geoff

P.S. Sorry about my confusion regarding the ranking of your favorite teams, Dave.

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Falcons just don't match up physically in terms of impact toughness. It went how my son said it would..... Really close in the beginning but the Falcons wouldn't be able to close it out in the 4th quarter after 3 quarter of Philly love. That Eagles team has some rough dudes on that Defense.

"So what if we won ugly" - Bill Cowher

Man I checked the points for Sunday. Finally some sensibility. All these local homers think the Bears are going to win the conference. Spread had the Bears as 6.5 point dogs. Bears maybe fun this year but .... come on. :)

Giveaway takeaway ratio should be better. Sack production should improve. Not necessarily from Mack but Mack may open things up for Hicks and Floyd, You can't double team everyone.