Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 38 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 37 38
Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: MotiDave] #2973327 02/02/19 05:56 PM
Y
yamoho Offline
Y
Originally Posted By: MotiDave
I'm picking my MODX7 up after work - traffic and schedule permitting. Sorry to twang my one note as I seem rather lonely in this passionate pursuit:

Why has acquired a case for MODX7:
- yammaha MODX7 gig bag
- other gig bag (e.g. Gator, other - which?)
- rigid case - TSA approved latches

Thoughts, recommendations? I think I may get both a TSA worthy molded case and a gig bag both so all sides of the equation (short of plywood flight case) are very welcome

Anyone found any alternatives to the Yamaha Gig Bag? The MODX7 is an odd size, too big for standard 61-key bag and too small for 76-key bags. I am looking for a soft gig bag, something like the GKB bags for Gator.

KC Island
Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: yamoho] #2973329 02/02/19 06:19 PM
K
KorgyPorky Offline
K
Originally Posted By: yamoho
I'm picking my MODX7 up after work - traffic and schedule permitting. Sorry to twang my one note as I seem rather lonely in this passionate pursuit:

- yammaha MODX7 gig bag

Thoughts, recommendations? I think I may get both a TSA worthy molded case and a gig bag both so all sides of the equation (short of plywood flight case) are very welcome

Anyone found any alternatives to the Yamaha Gig Bag? The MODX7 is an odd size, too big for standard 61-key bag and too small for 76-key bags. I am looking for a soft gig bag, something like the GKB bags for Gator.

Sizewise, it should fit in a 76 key nord stage bag..

Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: yamoho] #2973333 02/02/19 06:36 PM
AnotherScott Offline
10k Club
10k Club
If you're looking for something low cost, the Yamaha YBNP76 (Piaggero bag) works for the MODX7.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our new video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out!
Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: gg22] #2973358 02/02/19 08:03 PM
J
jimkost2002 Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
J
Originally Posted By: gg22
Originally Posted By: jimkost2002
I was thinking of getting a MODX 8 until i heard reports on the key clacking and build quailty......
Címon Yamaha, you had the perfect board in theory, then you ruin it with a cheapass build thatís gonna atmize right after the 1year warranty?...?
I mean, if CASIO can build high quailty boardsa at a sub $1500 price point, certainly YOU can do it under 2k!

So in your opinion MODX8 has a lesser build quality and more clicking noise than Casio's? I have completely opposite experience.

I know that PX5s had those issues but when I had one I didnít experience them.
Granted, I only used it intermittently for backup practice and not as a primary board.
I briefly had a PX560s for a week till I got my RD 2000 and I had a mostly good experience with that also. I would never have one as a primary board. I detest the thinness of the top 2 octaves .
But for a sub 1500 board, itís quite ok.

"I have constantly tried to deliver only products which withstand the closest scrutiny
Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: jimkost2002] #2973363 02/02/19 08:49 PM
AnotherScott Offline
10k Club
10k Club
Originally Posted By: gg22
So in your opinion MODX8 has a lesser build quality and more clicking noise than Casio's? I have completely opposite experience.

I know that PX5s had those issues but when I had one I didnít experience them.

Many people with MODX8 are not experiencing any issues, either.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our new video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out!
Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: KorgyPorky] #2973365 02/02/19 09:13 PM
M
MotiDave Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
M
Originally Posted By: KorgyPorky

- yammaha MODX7 gig bag

Sizewise, it should fit in a 76 key nord stage bag..

I read of one MODX7 owner who got this Gator G-PG-76SLIM. Length and width are ok, he said it was a tad Ďsnugí at first but after a few uses the bag relaxed to fit it nicely. Iíve been thinking about this one - i got the Yamaha bag and it really gives little confidence to me. Have to baby protect the board almost as much as if it was naked. It has backpack straps so i can carry it hands free but otherwise i donít trust it to protect it.

Gator 76 Slim

The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.
Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: MotiDave] #2973366 02/02/19 09:27 PM
Y
yamoho Offline
Y
Thanx Dave! Looks like a nice bag, and based on dimensions, I can see why it might be a little snug, but still I imagine it fits. Good feedback from the other person that you heard from. I have always liked products from Gator, well-made and offer good protection.

Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: yamoho] #2973396 02/03/19 02:01 AM
M
MotiDave Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
M
Thanx Dave! Looks like a nice bag, and based on dimensions, I can see why it might be a little snug, but still I imagine it fits. Good feedback from the other person that you heard from. I have always liked products from Gator, well-made and offer good protection.

if you do get it, post back - iím ďthisĒ close to pulling the trigger - really tempted by lack complete motivation. I read a review on i think amazon that said throw away the backpack straps when you get it - they suck but the bag is great even with handle.

And i thought - ... but .. but i want it as a backpack, damnit! If i have to carry it in my hand, might as well just roll my molded SKB hard case.

The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.
Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: lsj] #2973397 02/03/19 03:19 AM
nursers Offline
10k Club
10k Club
Originally Posted By: lsj
what is Busch's great vintage suite. is that a voice library that can be purchased. I would be interested.

http://purgatorycreek.com

Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: AnotherScott] #2973406 02/03/19 07:49 AM
J
jimkost2002 Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
J
I talked online to a guy who published a review regarding the MODX8 build quality and his conclusion was that the MODX8 was build like a cheap bedroom controller and would not stand up to the rigors of gigging.
His observations made perfect sense to me and was consistent with what Yamaha felt they had to do to bring the MODX feature set in at the price point they did.
It might be fine to sit in a bedroom studio, but if its gonna break if you look at it wrong then Iím out.

Again, for me, it comes down to my being able to use a keyboard for at least 5-8 years before I have to think about replacing it.....
I donít want to have ďis this gonna break on me if it slips outof my grip and drops from 5 feetĒ?

Last edited by jimkost2002; 02/03/19 07:49 AM.

"I have constantly tried to deliver only products which withstand the closest scrutiny
Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: jimkost2002] #2973417 02/03/19 09:39 AM
M
mojkarma Offline
M
I talked online to a guy who published a review regarding the MODX8 build quality and his conclusion was that the MODX8 was build like a cheap bedroom controller and would not stand up to the rigors of gigging.

This IMO is a complete nonsense. I'm asking myself, are you guys actually playing keyboards on stage or beating them and forcing them to fall off from their stands? I'm gigging for 25 years and for Christ sake I can't imagine a situation where I could find any reason why a Montage (which I own) would be more durable as a gigging keyboard compared to a Modx.

I donít want to have ďis this gonna break on me if it slips outof my grip and drops from 5 feetĒ?

Just curious, are you serious with that argument? Do you really think you can use a Montage or Kronos after it felt from 5 feet height?

Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: mojkarma] #2973422 02/03/19 11:02 AM
AnotherScott Offline
10k Club
10k Club

I've seen no indication that its overall build quality is any lesser than the plastic chassis models that preceded it, i.e. MOX8/MOXF8 which go back 8 years now, and afaik, are not dropping like flies. But also, you might select a different kind of build if you were in the business of supplying backline to road crews than if you were buying something you were personally going to move in your own car. Or at least you'd buy different cases. ;-)
Originally Posted By: mojkarma
Do you really think you can use a Montage or Kronos after it felt from 5 feet height?

Interesting question. Depends how they land, for one thing. But I would expect a plastic chassis MODX could easily crack where a metal chassis board would not. As for what happens to the rest of it, I don't know. Lighter could conceivably fare better than heavier in many cases, like in the likelihood that the touchscreen would crack.

Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: AnotherScott] #2973427 02/03/19 11:39 AM
M
MotiDave Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
M
Originally Posted By: AnotherScott

I've seen no indication that its overall build quality is any lesser than the plastic chassis models that preceded it, i.e. MOX8/MOXF8 which go back 8 years now, and afaik, are not dropping like flies. But also, you might select a different kind of build if you were in the business of supplying backline to road crews than if you were buying something you were personally going to move in your own car. Or at least you'd buy different cases. ;-)
Do you really think you can use a Montage or Kronos after it felt from 5 feet height?

Interesting question. Depends how they land, for one thing. But I would expect a plastic chassis MODX could easily crack where a metal chassis board would not. As for what happens to the rest of it, I don't know. Lighter could conceivably fare better than heavier in many cases, like in the likelihood that the touchscreen would crack.

I dropped a Motif XF7 ~3ft when an old pedestal stand shelf collapsed, I semi-slowed its descent to the floor by grabbing in shock and it followed the pedestal column down - it was far milder than a true 3 foot dead drop in space. It suffered a dent in the bottom of chassis and E note below middle C chipped on the front under-edge. It survived - Yamaha tough. No other damage or impact.

premature wearout as onlinereviewguy reportedly predicts isnít the same as impact toughness / resistance. Do we have a link to onlinereviewguy? Iím curious what he said ...

Last edited by MotiDave; 02/03/19 11:43 AM.

Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: mojkarma] #2973434 02/03/19 12:15 PM
J
jimkost2002 Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
J

This IMO is a complete nonsense. I'm asking myself, are you guys actually playing keyboards on stage or beating them and forcing them to fall off from their stands? I'm gigging for 25 years and for Christ sake I can't imagine a situation where I could find any reason why a Montage (which I own) would be more durable as a gigging keyboard compared to a Modx.

Just curious, are you serious with that argument? Do you really think you can use a Montage or Kronos after it felt from 5 feet height?

Have you played at festivals where the overworked in house crew makes an all to human mistake?
Or had an airline frieght crew mishandle a piece of gear?
I had a colleague who had a Kurzweil damaged this way.
TSA didnt relock the ATA case correctly and the Kurz fell out face down when leaving the cargo bay and the crew just watched it happen,
Granted this is an extreme situation, but you have to be prepared for catastrophic events.
Iíve done this enough years to be prepared for the worst.
So, if youre gonna come at me, come correct.
All due respect

I have used most of SIR Chelseaís backline from the 90s thru 2005 and know the techs that worked there pretty well.. As well as other rehearsal studios in LA, Miami and other major US cities. Not to mention tours stopping in Paris, London and Prague.
I hate to toot my own horn, but I do have a bit of real world experience.

Last edited by jimkost2002; 02/03/19 12:33 PM.

Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: AnotherScott] #2973435 02/03/19 12:17 PM
J
jimkost2002 Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
J

Exactly my point, Scott.
A friend plays at a club where they replaced an S80 with an MOFX and we will see how long it lasts.

Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: MotiDave] #2973436 02/03/19 12:18 PM
J
jimkost2002 Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
J

I dropped a Motif XF7 ~3ft when an old pedestal stand shelf collapsed, I semi-slowed its descent to the floor by grabbing in shock and it followed the pedestal column down - it was far milder than a true 3 foot dead drop in space. It suffered a dent in the bottom of chassis and E note below middle C chipped on the front under-edge. It survived - Yamaha tough. No other damage or impact.

premature wearout as onlinereviewguy reportedly predicts isnít the same as impact toughness / resistance. Do we have a link to onlinereviewguy? Iím curious what he said ...

Its on the Sweetwater site.

Look, my point is this:
If I spend in the ball park of 2K or more on a keyboard that Iím gonna use out of the house, I want it to hold up to what the city or clubs dish out. These things devalue quicker than cars.

Last edited by jimkost2002; 02/03/19 01:03 PM.

Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: jimkost2002] #2973476 02/03/19 03:54 PM
K
KorgyPorky Offline
K
But I would expect a plastic chassis MODX could easily crack where a metal chassis board would not. As for what happens to the rest of it, I don't know. Lighter could conceivably fare better than heavier in many cases, like in the likelihood that the touchscreen would crack.

People underestimate the strength of todays high quallity plastics..

I had a drunk storming on stage crashing my keyboard rig..my Genos dropped 4 foot dow on a corner, one would expect a killer drop.. but there was no crack, just a scratch.. and the keyboard was still as straight as ever..

The big advantage of todays plasticks are its incredible flexibillity combined with metal like strength..

When a metal keyboard drops, chances are huge that it will be bent amd not straight anymore..

Now there definately is a huge amount of different plastics, but todays high end plastics are stronger then metal cases... and lighter..when metal bends, its not as flexible as these plastics..

Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: KorgyPorky] #2973483 02/03/19 04:33 PM
Randelph Offline
Gold Member
Gold Member
And it depends on how well designed the plastic casing of a keyboard is designed. I had two pieces of casing break on a Casio MZ-X500, and it's primarily cause the design is less than road worthy, the plastic is somewhat thin and unprotected in many places.

NS 88 Classic / iRig Keys I/O 49 / iPad Syntronik, Galileo, Neo Soul Keys
Win10 laptop i7 8GB 500GB
Yamaha melodica, alto recorder / Congas
Roland Street Cube EX / QSC K10, K8.2 / SS V.3
Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: Randelph] #2973486 02/03/19 04:47 PM
Fleer Offline
I found the MODX8 plastics quite sturdy.
Not sure about the keys though.

Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: Randelph] #2973500 02/03/19 05:34 PM
M
MotiDave Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
M
Originally Posted By: Randelph
And it depends on how well designed the plastic casing of a keyboard is designed. I had two pieces of casing break on a Casio MZ-X500, and it's primarily cause the design is less than road worthy, the plastic is somewhat thin and unprotected in many places.

Just looking under the MODX7, you can see the bottom chassis has significant ribbing and reinforcement designed into the molded base to provide torsional rigidity and stiffness. Anyone whoís worked in product development (I was a Reliabiity and Quality Engr for 15 yrs, now I manage these teams) can see they thought about this concern and designed mitigationís to reduce risk. Yamaha is known for durable equipment, i donít yet have any info that this is a legitimate worry. Any board can be broken if one tries.

My MODX7 has flown twice so far in SKBís ATA case SKB-5014W - I think they discontinued it, its not on their website anymore. i found one still available online. I tried the Gator one first, it was much bigger and less well built, didnít like it. SKB also designed extensive ribbing into the shell halves for rigidity and strength. One drawback is 4 movable plastic corners hold the keyboard held down by velcro. I found the Velcro isnít strong enough and they can move on the 61, i would expect the same here. I went to an upholstery store and ordered a large single piece of 2Ē med-density foam which they custom cut. now its rock solid secure and well padded inside, and case is more than stiff enough to prevent any torsional stress on the kbd, and its easy to travel with. With the kbd inside, its only about 38 lbs, under the max weight and max length rules for special charge.

the local gig bag - i find the Yamaha bag inadequate. Iím looking at the gator one mentioned above. Hope someone else here goes first and reports back smile. If i donít trust Iíll have complete control of my board at all times, iíll use the SKB case. Yamaha bag is not very protective at all, i only take it to local bar gigs where iím Loading in, setting up, striking etc. I still look very carefully for where I set it while its not on stage. There are animals everywhere!

Last edited by MotiDave; 02/03/19 05:43 PM.

Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: MotiDave] #2973502 02/03/19 05:41 PM
M
MotiDave Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
M
All that said - if you drop a plastic keyboard from 5í, probably expect something to crack. Maybe youíll get lucky but just in general ... you now ... its a bad idea. Apply this maxim to every board ever made by every manufacturer ever.

Over on the FB MODX group, a MODX8 owner posted a pic of several keys broken in the top octave. Some sort of monkey hammer damage. So yes, it can be broken if one tries.

But I find one random Sweetwater customerís personal opinion to be less than dispositive. Not that he actually had any problem, just that he thinks (guesses) the plastic wonít hold up. Ok, thanks but Iíll need more data than that.

Last edited by MotiDave; 02/03/19 05:41 PM.

Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: MotiDave] #2973522 02/03/19 08:39 PM
nursers Offline
10k Club
10k Club
On the ribbing / structure of the underside, I agree that's where the strength is. I do totally the wrong thing with my MODX7 at times, picking it up by gripping it one handed, my fingers underneath the chassis where the large indentations are, and it's as solid as a rock.

I'm using the Yamaha soft case and it works for me but it's definitely not sturdy enough for flying or being handled roughly by someone else.

Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: nursers] #2973563 02/04/19 01:20 AM
S
Stokely Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
S
Welp...I need a second keyboard, gigs are picking up and my kurz pc3 has had a few issues...don't want to rely on it even though it can do our gigs. I prefer two in any case.

What a saga--after pining for a Nord electro and then switching through almost every board out there--including stops in "analog-ish-ville" to consider the kingkorg, blofeld and even the Prophet rev2--this Modx seems like it would be quite the gig monster. I think seeing the organimation vids and hearing recommendations from some of you might be tipping me over...I play rock but do use quite a bit of organ, which up til now the pc3 has been covering. I've been in a synth mode lately and want to maybe explore that for our tunes. We have been adding more synth-heavy tunes lately also.

All that blather aside, I truly do wish this didn't have a wall wart. I hate those things.

My main concern though that some of you can address: how is this thing in mono? I didn't read every page but I saw some people stating the sound was quite a bit worse. That isn't a surprise, this happens with most of them (due to fx, and of course widening can sound great)...but my old Motif was by far the worst offender of any board I"ve owned. I had to edit almost every patch on there.

Secondarily, did I read that people are easily able to use an ipad with this, with no extra interface?

Lastly, does it allow vocoding? I've been itching to try this live, and surely overuse it on many songs! grin

Last edited by Stokely; 02/04/19 01:24 AM.
Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: Stokely] #2973565 02/04/19 01:45 AM
AnotherScott Offline
10k Club
10k Club
Originally Posted By: Stokely
Welp...I need a second keyboard

What sounds do you most need out of it? If primary need is organ and VA synth (which are not Yamaha's strongest points), I'd be more inclined to look at the Roland FA-07 (assuming you're not looking at a Nord Stage 3 budget). Maybe even VR-730, though it still has too many gotcha's for me.

Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: MotiDave] #2973591 02/04/19 07:25 AM
J
jimkost2002 Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
J
All that said - if you drop a plastic keyboard from 5í, probably expect something to crack. Maybe youíll get lucky but just in general ... you now ... its a bad idea. Apply this maxim to every board ever made by every manufacturer ever.

Over on the FB MODX group, a MODX8 owner posted a pic of several keys broken in the top octave. Some sort of monkey hammer damage. So yes, it can be broken if one tries.

But I find one random Sweetwater customerís personal opinion to be less than dispositive. Not that he actually had any problem, just that he thinks (guesses) the plastic wonít hold up. Ok, thanks but Iíll need more data than that.

If YOU need more data, thatís cool. But when a ďrandoĒ makes some solid logical points, I take notice. And Iím saying plastic chassis plus wall wart means it wont last as long as a stronger build or stand up 4-5 nights a week under road warrior conditions. Thatís why Motifs and Nords (and Kurzes) show up in backlines. I donít expect to see MODXs at rental or backline houses. If it works for casual guys or for you, more power to ya.

Last edited by jimkost2002; 02/04/19 07:26 AM.

Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: AnotherScott] #2973608 02/04/19 11:02 AM
S
Stokely Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
S
Welp...I need a second keyboard

What sounds do you most need out of it? If primary need is organ and VA synth (which are not Yamaha's strongest points), I'd be more inclined to look at the Roland FA-07 (assuming you're not looking at a Nord Stage 3 budget). Maybe even VR-730, though it still has too many gotcha's for me.

An excellent question smile My original goal was to improve organ with either an electro or a mojo 61. Then I started veering into VA and even analog territory, thinking I'd make something of a sea change...I used to gig these same songs with an older Virus and made great use of it, had to sell to get a VR-700, which I sold in turn. The VR730 would be a little too samey, feel like I'd like to try something different. As long as the pc3 is working, it can cover all bases so I can go any direction: another do-it-all, focus on organ, focus on synth.

Yeah, I can't justify a stage 3. If I used it at home that might be different, but I'm 100% software and have no wish to ever go back to hardware with wiring and patch saving etc. I have typically bought used or newer on sale and try to keep my cost between 700 and 1300 or so.

The modx synth sounds--even the fm--sounds good enough for my needs just based on the vids. This will only be for live use. That said, the fa is an option. My buddy has one, I'll go over there and try it out. If either can play an ipad with convenience that is a selling point, someone mentioned they use the Galileo organ with theirs...organimation as another option for organ.

I am concerned about mono though. If indeed it sounds wimpy, I might well just consider an mx61.

Speaking of drunks on stage...had that happen several times, even at very nice places. It's a big reason I don't want to bring a laptop out.

Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: Stokely] #2973613 02/04/19 11:13 AM
J
jimkost2002 Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
J

Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: Stokely] #2973642 02/04/19 01:44 PM
AnotherScott Offline
10k Club
10k Club
That said, the fa is an option. My buddy has one, I'll go over there and try it out. If either can play an ipad with convenience that is a selling point, someone mentioned they use the Galileo organ with theirs...organimation as another option for organ.

I am concerned about mono though. If indeed it sounds wimpy, I might well just consider an mx61.

FA and MODX are both good matches for an iPad. MX61 less so because user patches can't include MIDI program changes for external devices, though MX does let you use its 16 buttons to effectively select from among the 16 MIDI channels which gives you another way to switch among a bank of iPad sounds.

As for organ, the FA has the edge over the Yamahas, especially since it has the assignable sub out which lets you easily put a Vent or similar on your organ sound. Though the fact that you play mono anyway also gives you the option on the Yamahas to pan your organ sound to the opposite side from your other sounds so it effectively has its own output for doing the same. FA also has a true 9-drawbar organ engine, though. MODX does have some semblance of 9-drawbar control in some of its performances, but within the standard sample engine, which also means that a 9-drawbar sound uses 9 instances of polyphony per key.

Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: MotiDave] #2973657 02/04/19 02:53 PM
Y
yamoho Offline
Y
I ordered the Gator G-PG-76SLIM from Amazon, supposed to arrive tomorrow, I will post when I have time for info and maybe some pics.

Re: Yamaha MODX [Re: AnotherScott] #2973658 02/04/19 02:54 PM
S
Stokely Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
S
That said, the fa is an option. My buddy has one, I'll go over there and try it out. If either can play an ipad with convenience that is a selling point, someone mentioned they use the Galileo organ with theirs...organimation as another option for organ.

FA and MODX are both good matches for an iPad. MX61 less so because user patches can' include MIDI program changes for external devices, though MX does let you use its 16 buttons to effectively select from among the 16 MIDI channels which gives you another way to switch among a bank of iPad sounds.

As for organ, the FA has the edge over the Yamahas, especially since it has the assignable sub out which lets you easily put a Vent or similar on your organ sound. Though the fact that you play mono anyway also gives you the option on the Yamahas to pan your organ sound to the opposite side from your other sounds so it effectively has its own output for doing the same. FA also has a true 9-drawbar organ engine, though. MODX does have some semblance of 9-drawbar control in some of its performances, but within the standard sample engine, which also means that a 9-drawbar sound uses 9 instances of polyphony per key.

Thanks, all good info. It turns out that the buddy with the fa06 wants to thin the herd...and unlike me, he cares about what the thing looks like grin...and he doesn't like the fa06. He'll give me a great deal on it so I'm probably going to go that way if I try it and like it. I like the option to add a pedal as you say, though the vr700 leslie was fine for rock mixes IMO. Paying less for something that wouldn't be a studio mainstay is probably the wise choice. Something I use at home needs to have aftertouch, though after seeing some Roli mpe vids I could see that being the future too!

Anyway, back to the modx, didn't mean to derail.

Page 31 of 38 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 37 38

Moderated by  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner