Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

cool new effects

At first I thought $299.was kinda expensive,

Remember, unless it's something that just was newly released, just about anything can be found for a discount, used, on Reverb.com.

Scott makes a good point, although shipping costs to Hawaii might be a consideration?

Otherwise, there are a lot of good Boost/Buffer pedals, for a lot less money? FWIW, any Boss pedal will work as a Buffer, to start with.

It seems like the main advantage of the Epoch is the dual Outs. You could get a new MXR Micro Amp (very good Boost/Buffer pedal), and a Splitter box, and have around $160 left over.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Not much of an effects person, but one I may get someday is the Catalinbread Epoch Pre EP3 Preamp/Buffer. At first I thought $299.was kinda expensive, but it's a boost, buffer and it can be used to run 2 amps. So 3 things in 1 pedal.

lightbulb.gif You might also find the Fulltone Supa-Trem2 Stereo Tremolo / Auto-Panner to be of great interest, surfergirl. (Currently $220.15 brand-new.)

It's an all-analog, true stereo In and Out tremolo and panner and buffer with up to 15db of powerful boost, and the latest version runs off of an 18v power-supply (included). It can be used as a buffer, booster, and two-way splitter with or without the tremolo effect engaged. Lots of options!

Fulltone pedals are top-quality, extremely solidly built all-analog pedals with very low noise and very musical, warm tones. I have a Fulltone Clyde Deluxe wah and a Fulltone Octafuzz (Octavia-style octave-fuzz) that are both just wonderful, and I want several more Fulltone pedals- including this Supa-Trem 2.

Remember, unless it's something that just was newly released, just about anything can be found for a discount, used, on Reverb.com.

Truth. :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Not much of an effects person, but one I may get someday is the Catalinbread Epoch Pre EP3 Preamp/Buffer. At first I thought $299.was kinda expensive, but it's a boost, buffer and it can be used to run 2 amps. So 3 things in 1 pedal.

lightbulb.gif You might also find the Fulltone Supa-Trem2 Stereo Tremolo / Auto-Panner to be of great interest, surfergirl. (Currently $220.15 brand-new.)

It's an all-analog, true stereo In and Out tremolo and panner and buffer with up to 15db of powerful boost, and the latest version runs off of an 18v power-supply (included). It can be used as a buffer, booster, and two-way splitter with or without the tremolo effect engaged. Lots of options!

Fulltone pedals are top-quality, extremely solidly built all-analog pedals with very low noise and very musical, warm tones. I have a Fulltone Clyde Deluxe wah and a Fulltone Octafuzz (Octavia-style octave-fuzz) that are both just wonderful, and I want several more Fulltone pedals- including this Supa-Trem 2.

Truth. :cool:

The added functions and the somewhat lower price make the Fulltone a good alternative.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

• 4 weeks later...
[font:Comic Sans MS]If you own a Strymon Sunset or Riverside, read this:[/font] hidden MIDI

Thats pretty cool!

O0O0O0O0O0OH, I'd love for that to be possible for my Strymon El Capistan and Flint, as well...

• 2 weeks later...

Ive always been impressed by how much they can cram into one device...

But, for all its flaws, my favorite MFX remains the Digitech iPB-10.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

• 2 weeks later...
People forget that the Grateful Dead were very forward-looking, in terms of tech. Yeah, I know, bunch of old hippies . . .

Bob Weir and Jerry Garcia were among the first players to take up the E-Bow, they were both early adapters of MIDI/Synth Guitar, In-ear monitor systems, and of course, there was the notorious "Wall Of Sound", a great concept, not so practical for a band that made most of its money touring. Bobby was also one of the first American artists to perform with a high-quality Japanese Guitar (the Ibanez Artist) at a time when American Guitar companies were pushing back hard against Japanese competition.

[font:Comic Sans MS]A video on the Wall Of Sound that Winston mentioned:[/font]

[video:youtube]

• 3 weeks later...
I saw that ModRex pedal the other day while waiting for a package pickup at GC, and didn't remember ever seeing it announced. I meant to look it up when I got home, but forgot. Has anyone tried one yet? It's a way cool design for sure!

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• 1 month later...
Just a heads up to those interested... go to Komet's facebook page and if you buy the K.O.D.A. pedal in their facebook shop it's on sale for Black Friday week for $199 while supplies last.

Looks to be a very cool pedal. And, while not a pedal, I do believe that I want a Komet Ambicab or Ambicab Jr...

Just a heads up to those interested... go to Komet's facebook page and if you buy the K.O.D.A. pedal in their facebook shop it's on sale for Black Friday week for $199 while supplies last.

Looks to be a very cool pedal. And, while not a pedal, I do believe that I want a Komet Ambicab or Ambicab Jr...

Those sound incredible to play through...