Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Random Thoughts and One-Offs

"Antibacterial soap" is NOT redundant. "Soap" only refers to a substances ability to break surface tension.

If you are right-handed, you should be able to write fairly well with your left hand if you write backward while also writing normally with your right (like a mirror image). Now I want a lefty reversed MIDI keyboard.

I'd rather be hit by 100 guitar pick-sized pianos than by a piano-size guitar pick.

"For instance" is not proof.

If you are right-handed, you should be able to write fairly well with your left hand if you write backward while also writing normally with your right (like a mirror image).

Just tried it, and....no.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

If you are right-handed, you should be able to write fairly well with your left hand if you write backward while also writing normally with your right (like a mirror image).

Just tried it, and....no.

LOL. Takes a little bit of practice. I learned to do it in 4th grade from a teacher who was INSANE about DaVinci who originated it (urban legend...just reporting my experience).

"For instance" is not proof.

Does anyone else ever play The Tennessee Waltz? ...

What I want to know is if the name of this song about the incident is The Tennessee Waltz, yet they were dancing to The Tennessee Waltz in the song, how did that song go?

I've always wondered the same thing.
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

The only thing that keeps KC relevant is the past.

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

On Saturday, my fairly new Rode M1 microphone just failed to work. Never been dropped, not a mark on it, pop screens since I bought it.

Ive never had a mic do this before. Anyone?

A reminder, kids, to register your products! By registering this microphone at the time of purchase I receive lifetime warranty on this mic. I just have to pay shipping to get it to them.

Yay!

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

I'm currently on the road. The highway is punctuated regularly by signs that say "overtaking permitted when safe". Those last two words seem superfluous to me.

I don't know about down under, but here in the states airline flight departures are now universally called out as "This will be the last and final call for Flight xxx departing for yyy." I mean if they're going to be silly about it, why not go for it and finish the job: "This will be the last,final, endmost, concluding, lattermost, and ultimate call for Flight xxx departing for yyy."

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Ive rarely seen a good closeup of Chick Coreas hands while playing.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Who was the first guy that thought eating an oyster might be a good idea?

I've always wondered what dire set of circumstances drove someone to eat rotting cabbage: Kimchi.

Okay, fine...I get it...you had a poor harvest in the fall, followed by a hard winter. Near the end of winter, you run out of decent food and have to go dig up food that's partially decomposed in order to survive. You do what you gotta do to survive. I get that part.

But to willingly eat it later, when things aren't so bad?

Really?

Grey

• Like 1

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

My musical hero.

[video:youtube]

http://a68.tinypic.com/242ycgh.jpg

The Price is Right guy. Name the gear.

http://i68.tinypic.com/8vued5.jpg

Bigger:

http://a63.tinypic.com/2u4819k.jpg

Strange dream- I went to get my haircut, usual place. When I got there the owner (Korean guy who usually cuts my hair) said it would be a long wait as they had a group of Australian visitors ahead of me; Markay, CowboyNQ and about 6 others were present. After waiting a while all of a sudden these guys along with all the Korean barbers start singing the Australian national anthem, a pretty good song I concocted in my dream or so it seemed at the time.

Anyway I was extremely agitated that they were adding to my wait time. Still haven't gotten over it. :saber::D

Sorry, too many distractions to look at his stuff.

The jacket, for one. Good Lord.

The size and skin tone relationship between his hands and head - what is going on there? And you thought Trump had tiny hands - I'll bet this guy can fit his own fist in his mouth. You just don't see that every day. And does he wear gloves when he's at the beach?

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

Sorry, too many distractions to look at his stuff.

The jacket, for one. Good Lord.

The size and skin tone relationship between his hands and head - what is going on there? And you thought Trump had tiny hands - I'll bet this guy can fit his own fist in his mouth. You just don't see that every day. And does he wear gloves when he's at the beach?

Lol! Playing octaves is out!

• 2 weeks later...
I received prescription allergy eye drops, and the label directs me to "Instill one drop into both eyes...." I tried carefully placing one drop on the bridge of my nose, to no avail. Any thoughts? ;)

That sounds like a Steven Wright-ism ;)

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Anyway I was extremely agitated that they were adding to my wait time. Still haven't gotten over it. :saber::D

Apologies Mark. But as you now know, Aussies and Koreans love a national anthem sing along when we get together. Thanks for writing it by the way, good tune - had "soul".

Subject change: Road train drivers literally carry a heavy responsibility to drive thoughtfully. I saw one nearly side swipe a driver of a small sedan yesterday in an effort to overtake where there simply wasn't room.

Ok, off to admire my new haircut..

She can read, she's obviously looking the transcription over ...my sight reading instantly got better somehow.... I bet she can do a few other things too, like cook a good meal, you dirty minds! :hitt: I refuse to put the salivating emoticon up, don't need to, already there....she can play my upright anytime damn time she wants... I'm being a bad boy I know.

895f4214df828763a250797356cbcc66.jpg

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

'A Cluster F***' - Definition of: When enlisted men are sent to the front by a general or generals (or admirals?) that have earned their gold leaf clusters that they wear on their uniforms....(no skata ) ....now don't we all just feel a bit stupid (I did), most of the world thinks of an orgy scene of some sort, I found that a bit unpleasant, I have to good of an imagination for a Yankee! We can all relax now and breath a sigh of relief, it doesn't actually have to do with sex at all for the most part. . .

Actually a bit more serious if your even near a military front and in the service....live and learn, my friend told me who was in the Navy.

and there is also this, another common misnomer:

Can Opener Dyslexia . . . .

and finally there is this for no apparent reason other than this which got my octaves ringing a bit...I'm sure she can help beginners find middle C:

stock-photo-sexy-girl-luxury-woman-in-the-apartment-girl-in-underwear-the-girl-topless-beautiful-girl-434800633.jpg

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122