Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2018-2019 Thread

So...Amari Cooper, Jordy Nelson ...and Martavis Bryant as the Raiders WR corps? :idk:

Okay...sure...why not? :cheers:

dB

The running game needs to be better in order to make the passing attack a real threat. Surely, Chucky will shore up that o-line if they haven't already. ;):cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So...Amari Cooper, Jordy Nelson ...and Martavis Bryant as the Raiders WR corps? :idk:

Okay...sure...why not? :cheers:

The running game needs to be better in order to make the passing attack a real threat. Surely, Chucky will shore up that o-line if they haven't already. ;):cool:

His first pick was an OT. They have one of the best centers in the game, and two killer Gs. Chucky knows...

Adding Doug Martin may help too - who knows? I believe Richard and Washington are more key than Martin or Lynch, though.

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Well at least the Bears waited till round 4 to do something dumb this year.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Every year, the Packers use the draft to bolster their defense; and every year, the defense winds up being mediocre. This year was no exception, except that the picks were made by a new GM and will be mentored by a new defensive coordinator. Perhaps that will make a positive difference...

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• 4 weeks later...

The NFL is up to its usual tricks... (Political commentary and profanity most definitely included in this link, FYI.)

And just in case anyone is wondering how much the NFL wanted to pay us for using Legend Has It, that would be zero dollars [...]" - EL-P

EDIT: If the link doesn't work for you, it's because the forum has censored the URL, lol. Just write in your favourite four-letter word where you see some stars near the end.

Disregarding the political side which we don't discuss in this forum, I'm glad artists continue to say "no" to the NFL's requests for free entertainment. They certainly don't ask their players to play for free. In factfrom the groundskeepers all the way up to Roger GoodellI'd be surprised if the NFL has had the gall to ask anyone else to provide services for free. :rolleyes:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Strictly speaking from an economic theory perspective, it seems to me the NFL is the logical end of the worst excesses of the free market system gone to seed, if you will.

The league, the owners and everyone associated with professional football is now into it for only one reason - the accumulation of personal wealth.

With the way individual players are treated, I might think more would be tempted to seek employment elsewhere...except for the draw of where else could I ever make this much cheddar.

I don't know if I've crossed the line into politics here - that wasn't my intention - it simply seems to me the for a long time now, the promise of personal wealth has squeezed out other motivations in ways I don't see in other professional sports leagues.

But what do I know. I've never played professional sports, I'm just a dumb fan on the outside looking in.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Skins rookie RB season ending injury

The 49ers had 5 guys hurt yesterday, probably no one this bad. Tough way to start. At least Guice got hurt early in the year and should be back for camp next season. Still sucks. Sorry ProfD.

Yep. Not a great way to start the season. We know the NFC East requires a solid running game.

Hopefully, the other RBs will carry the load and allow the rookie to learn from the sidelines.

My bigger concern is the brittle nature of today's athletes. Theyre tearing up knees on basic football plays and doing routine stuff.

I know players are bigger, faster and stronger nowadays. Still, I believe the downside is steroids are making them brittle. I have no medical license or proof. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Yeah, all the weight lifting and (cough) etc. doesnt make them ligaments any stronger. The dreaded ACL, especially in a preseason game, is just gut wrenching.

Nice play by Sam Darnold tonight, and Baker Mayfield looked pretty promising last night. I think the Browns might win a few games this year. The current over/under for Browns wins I saw was 4.5. Id probably take the over. Lot of talent on that team. It would be quite pathetic if they got the 1st pick in the draft next year.