Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SP6

Coker

In the IOS editor there is a setting within the Multi editing mode for notemap = constant. Maybe that does it. You can download the editor and use it without an SP6 attached just to check it out.
CA93, MODX8, YC88, K8.2

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just left a little gift for any/all SP6 owners over at the SP6 Facebook Users Group, a small set of factory sounds from PC3/KORE, loaded into and saved in my Forte (I think that might make them a tad more SP6-friendly). Stuff that I've seen requested recently.

Includes 3 lead guitars, one 12 string and a solo tenor sax.

They come from PC3 to Forte... so they might come up in a weird state, might require some knob tweaking or param re-assignments. Note the leads all used mono pressure on PC3 by default for vibrato and I didn't have time to reassign it to the many layers in each program. (And the modwheel is already occupied with wah or feedback.) Still hoping you guys might have some fun with these even without aftertouch.

I just left a little gift for any/all SP6 owners over at the SP6 Facebook Users Group, a small set of factory sounds from PC3/KORE, loaded into and saved in my Forte (I think that might make them a tad more SP6-friendly). Stuff that I've seen requested recently.

Includes 3 lead guitars, one 12 string and a solo tenor sax.

They come from PC3 to Forte... so they might come up in a weird state, might require some knob tweaking or param re-assignments. Note the leads all used mono pressure on PC3 by default for vibrato and I didn't have time to reassign it to the many layers in each program. (And the modwheel is already occupied with wah or feedback.) Still hoping you guys might have some fun with these even without aftertouch.

Cool.

A nice system enhancement for the SP6 would be additional options on the CC Pedal Page to allow the pedal to send Aftertouch or Mod Wheel not just for this reason of imported programs (or use as a MIDI controller for something that expects aftertouch) but also so even mod wheel effects could be in invoked when you don't have a hand free.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

So have spent a week with my new SP6, and pretty happy with it, particularly the PC3 sound set I've loaded. Can anyone tell me how to change leslie speed on the PC3 organ sounds? How can I assign leslie speed to the variation button, or a pedal?

Thanks in anticipation.

I tried, really really ... but can't love the SP6 for gigging like I do with my PC1x ... think it is time to sell it :(

PC1x, Hammond XK1c, Deep Mind 6, MS500 (gig rig)

Kurz PC4, Mini Moog Model D, Little Phatty, Hammond M3, Leslie 145, viscount op-3, Behringer model D, Roland GAIA.. (home studio)

So have spent a week with my new SP6, and pretty happy with it, particularly the PC3 sound set I've loaded. Can anyone tell me how to change leslie speed on the PC3 organ sounds? How can I assign leslie speed to the variation button, or a pedal?

Thanks in anticipation.

2nd that Leslie speed switch assign of Chris47's from the PC3 soundset organs which I also loaded and liked very much along with a lot of the pianos and other patches. I'm sure if I dug into the SP6 I could get the Leslie assigned to the pedal or switch but if someone has done this already that would be great.... it shouldn't be to difficult.

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

What is your goto lead electric guitar patch? I don't see an obvious one in the SP6 set, and the PC3 set is a little daunting to audition - thanks!

Im actually using Robs Caster a lot. It may be the wrong kind of lead for you, but that guitar just sings beautifully.

CA93, MODX8, YC88, K8.2

I keep getting blown away by this thing. I found the stock dual Leslie speaker effect for B3s to have a little too much variation in volume during a rotation. Using the SP6 sound editor, I found what must be at least 50 different Leslie insert effects, which seem to be different combinations of Leslie speaker models, amounts of overdrive, EQing, speeds, etc. Wow! I now have about six different Leslie inserts that will work for me. What a fantastic keyboard!
CA93, MODX8, YC88, K8.2

Well, I just ordered mine. Many thanks to Dave Weiser, to everyone here for their comments, and to Massachusetts for a sales tax-free weekend :-) Here's hoping I love mine as much as I did my loaner.

no one can accuse you of not doing your due diligence! congrats! :thu:

.... Jeff /// Yamaha P515 /// Roll Tide

Probably the wrong thread for this, but I have a couple thoughts about Kurzweil (whining - ha ha).

For my own preferences, Kurzweil seems to be going in the wrong direction.

I had a K2600, and I consider that their pinnacle.

By this, I mean they are adding things like streaming, and following the trend of more sound/patch material, and taking away the things that I consider are more important.

The new keyboards no longer have a ribbon or breath control input, they have less audio outputs, and control pedal inputs.

Some don't have aftertouch or a sequencer either.

My ideal keyboard would have the dual ribbons and breath control input, the nine sliders accompanied by nine knobs, and the setup controller capabilities of the the K series.

Yes - I know - maybe I should have kept the 2600.

If it were about 1/3 the weight, I probably would have.

As a non-gigging home hobbyist, I use a computer for most of my sounds, and a keyboard as my main controller.

A gutted 2600, even without any sound producing capability, but with all the controller capability intact, along with a massive weight reduction program would find me in a buying position again.

/whining

sorry for the thread derail, but it feels good to get that off my chest. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Two questions:

1) has anyone found a shortcut to change the case of a character when naming a patch?

2) Has anyone been programming a multi and experienced the transpose value of a layer changing when you went to a different screen within the edit function?

Thanks!

/j

K2500X, SP-6, various K1xxx, Kurz MicroPiano

I ordered a Korg (DS-1H) also...although Kurzweil has their new half damper advertised all over their web pages...I have been unable to find a manufactured one for sale anywhere in the world so far...

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

• 2 months later...

On page 3-1 of the manual it tells how to edit the knob assignments. As for comparing, save it as a new program in an unused memory location. Then you can switch back and forth and if not quite right edit it some more.

Chapter 3

Program Edit Mode

Program Edit Mode allows you to edit and customize Programs. Any Program can be edited in Program Edit Mode and saved to one of the 1024 User IDs.

To enter Program Edit Mode, first press the PROGRAMMode button to enter Program Mode, then press the EDIT button.

In Program Edit Mode, the top line of the display shows the current pagename and number.

Navigate to each page by using the CHANNEL/PAGE buttons.

Navigate to each parameter on the current page by using the PREVIOUS and NEXT buttons.

Change the value of the selected parameter by using the ALPHA WHEEL, or use the keypad function of the CATEGORY buttons to type a numeric value followed by pressing the ENTER button.

Assignable Params Page

Use the Assignable Params Page to view and edit the 4 user assignable parameters of the knobs (P1 through P4). The left column shows the name of the parameter assigned to each of the 4 knobs. The right column shows the current value of each parameter.

Parameter Column

When the Parameter column is selected with the cursor, change the parameter assignment for the selected knob by using the ALPHA WHEEL.

For[]

Excerpt From: SP6 Musician's Guide Rev B. iBooks.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell