Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#2945377 - 08/27/18 07:58 PM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: skipclone 1]
Delta Offline

Loc: Ormond Beach, FL
Originally Posted By: skipclone 1
A well-stated synopsis of what`s going on, and where to place most of the blame:

Further legitimizes my post almost exactly a year ago. Modern Pop Music Sucks!

Edited by Delta (08/27/18 08:02 PM)

GP Island
#2945403 - 08/28/18 04:27 AM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: Delta]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
Although I'm inclined to agree with that, there ARE some who'd probably disagree.

Like back in the "day", when guys like Hendrix and the whole "counterculture" scene and the bands those guys preferred( Cream, Doors, Airplane, etc.) there were guys, like my older brother, who said basically the same thing. Y'know....like;

"Rock'n'Roll died with BUDDY HOLLY" and all like that. Like it or not, and in spite of any and all effort, we all( for a short time at least) wind up sounding like our parents! wink grin
Whitefang

#2974349 - 02/07/19 03:50 PM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: surfergirl]
timtheshredder Offline

I do think there is a general lack of guitar heroes in this generation. There are popular bands, but no real guitar heroes. No one out there is making the next generation want to idolize the guitar and become the next guitar god. Just my opinion.

#2974403 - 02/07/19 06:42 PM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: timtheshredder]
d / halfnote Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
Just noticed this (from last August ?!).
If this hasn't been pointed out over the 6 pages so far,
I'd say that it's a combination of one's accumulated awareness of the many things heard/seen/read abt over the course of a long life
+
the lack of awareness, perhaps, of new things to be as excited abt as someone to whom those things are really new.

All aspects of any art go through phases & the more commercial the art, the more rapid the cycles & the more to try to follow....& the more it seems as though it's all been seen/heard before.

I do guarantee that there are lots of great players to be heard & that many of them are doing not just great work but actually new things.

#2974432 - 02/07/19 08:45 PM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: timtheshredder]
surfergirl Offline

Loc: Waialua, Hi
Originally Posted By: timtheshredder
I do think there is a general lack of guitar heroes in this generation. There are popular bands, but no real guitar heroes. No one out there is making the next generation want to idolize the guitar and become the next guitar god. Just my opinion.

Welcome timtheshredder.
As a member of this generation I agree with you to a degree. There are a lot of very good young guitarists out there. Lots of videos have been post on this thread of innovative young guitarist, but none will ever reach the status of Hendrix, Santana, Beck etc.
I love rock and roll, I play rock and roll, but it is no longer king. Rock guitarist will never be as revered by my generation as they were be previous generation. That being said there are still enough of us that will keep guitar music alive and relevant and pass it on to the next generation, just as it was passed on to me by my Grandfather.

#2974453 - 02/08/19 04:29 AM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: surfergirl]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

"Revered". Hmph----

Well, by a WHOLE GENERATION is one thing, but it has to start somewhere. For example....

I "revere" classical music, and much of the same music as my PARENT'S generation did, which THEY TOO saw go through a similar phase. Thinking it was "dead" due to the commercial success of "the new thing!" (R'n'R) But there are still "new" bands forming that DO "big band" style jazz, and other genres thought to be dead AND "gone" also still get newer life, although not "revered" at the same level as they once enjoyed, or as what's "new" does now.

Guitars not being the main instrument of "mainstream" music doesn't mean they'll disappear. After all, people STILL play the violin, clarinet, piano and zither AND dulcimer. wink
Whitefang

#2974477 - 02/08/19 06:37 AM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: whitefang]
d / halfnote Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Here are a few things to consider regarding this idea.

One of the hallmarks of young ppl is to be both early adopters of new tech & to get deeper into aspects of it in ways that sometimes stun those less familiar w/ it.
I think that's a vital point in regard to this.
When new tech presents really interesting, novel experiences that older ppl may not master immediately, you can be sure there will be some young folks digging in.
One prob, however, is their involvement may not be recognized---or even noticed, unless in a negative way--- by those bemoaning the changing world.

There's also a recurring tendency in cultures for things to go in/out of fashion/popularity.
A relevant example in music might be the return of kboard instruments in the 1970s as sound processing possibilities (more adaptable to control by a keyed trigger) brought keyboard players back into the pop music spotlight more than they'd been for quite some time.
Part of that involved learning new playing techniques to control these new tools as well as new understanding of the processors.
How many are players that may just be stymied by their lack of developing in order to keep apace, whether in technique or recognition of conceptual possibilities or even simply by not being aware or interested in what's actually happening w/young players ?

A few other bits of the mosaic...
Many young ppl get into things to join the world of older ppl around them, hence the many hot young guitarists playing in the styles of heroes from a generation or even 2 before.
[examples = https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=best+young+rock+guitarists+ ]

Some, however, are using the gtr in more versatile ways.
This young woman suggests there's little to fear for the gtr's future. Notice not just her well-practiced technique but the stylistic range & true musicality she exhibits.

Sometimes older folks, as Peter Townshend once hit the nail "just don't dig the new scene"...
Dig into some of these---gizmos or tools waiting for their Jimi ?

& in what may be a step back

#2974479 - 02/08/19 06:41 AM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: whitefang]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
WELCOME ABOARD TIMTHESHREDDER! +1 I am always amazed at the Birthday thread on this Guitar forum. The ages of the guitar "heroes" are mostly in their 50's 60's and 70's. I keep asking where all the 20 year olds are? I remember when I was 16 and we had a bunch of 20 +/- year old guitar R&R heroes. Like The Beatles, CCR, Stones, Beachboys, etc. I'm hoping some new blood will come along soon! cool

#2974751 - 02/09/19 08:10 AM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: Larryz]
d / halfnote Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: Larryz
WELCOME ABOARD TIMTHESHREDDER! +1 I am always amazed at the Birthday thread on this Guitar forum.
The ages of the guitar "heroes" are mostly in their 50's 60's and 70's.
I keep asking where all the 20 year olds are !
I remember when I was 16 and we had a bunch of 20 +/- year old guitar R&R heroes. Like The Beatles, CCR, Stones, Beachboys, etc. I'm hoping some new blood will come along soon! cool

The new blood's all around us...but most don't look past the same heroes they've had since, as you noted above, were set when we/they were young.

I pointed out a young woman above who's easily as good already as most of our heroes ever were.
Who's checked her out ?
Who, having even checked her out, will continue to look for her music, performances or recordings ?

There's nothing wrong w/having old faves but there is something wrong w/thinking that the world quit advancing when it was only oneself that did so.

#2974767 - 02/09/19 08:33 AM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: Delta]
d / halfnote Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: Delta
Originally Posted By: skipclone 1
A well-stated synopsis of what`s going on, and where to place most of the blame:

Further legitimizes my post almost exactly a year ago. Modern Pop Music Sucks!

Maybe
but consider this:
the research covered in that clip may not be reported accurately
& even if so, may be not much diff than similar studies of the 1930s, 40s, 50s 70s or 1670s might indicate.

Music & all arts have shifting currents that
move more quickly now than ever before
but
that simply means that things go in/out of fashion more quickly
& what we hear seems more familiar all the time
(although, counterintuitively,
many find no dissatisfaction in hearing the same stuff from their youth on a daily basis.

Here's another viewpoint

Perhaps the most accurate idea is that
what ppl hear the most
becomes what they most want to hear
&
few really look for anything outside their comfort zone.

#2974778 - 02/09/19 09:06 AM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: d / halfnote]
Winston Psmith Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Inside the Beltway
Different perspective -

It may seem that Guitar sales have gone down, but it seems to me like the number of Guitar brands has gone up, and not just in low-end import lines. GP magazine has full-page four-color ads for Trussart Guitar in every issue; they've not exactly impulse buys. Neither are the heavily inlaid Teye Guitars I see, but someone is buying those things.

There are ads for boutique hand-wired Tube Amps, custom parts, along with high $$$ pedals and pre-amps. Andy Summers himself recently declared that we are currently living in the Golden Age of Guitar Pedals, forget the 70's & 80's! (OTOH, if you can't forget the 70's & 80's, just about every pedal you wish you'd bought, or hung onto, is back once more, in some form.) Someone was even crazy enough to revive the Gizmotron!

Times change, and tastes change; when's the last time you heard somebody say, "You know what, I'd really like to take up the Hurdy-Gurdy, that would be really cool"? Same with the Harpsichord, or the Autoharp. When's the last time you even saw any of those in a GC? Maybe a used Autoharp wandered in, somehow, but the others?

Here's the real deal: right now, while even more Guitar makers are trying to sell even more Guitars, in an increasingly narrow retail market (you can only sell so many units to GC, once all the local shops close), the media market isn't trying to sell Guitar bands, not like they once did. Producers make more money by hanging onto to one "artist" they can exploit, and cashing in on co-writing credits, than by taking a risk on a bunch of (presumably) young people who want to write their own songs and create their own sound. When that stops working for them, things will change.

http://www.novparolo.com

#2974791 - 02/09/19 09:42 AM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: d / halfnote]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Originally Posted By: d
WELCOME ABOARD TIMTHESHREDDER! +1 I am always amazed at the Birthday thread on this Guitar forum.
The ages of the guitar "heroes" are mostly in their 50's 60's and 70's.
I keep asking where all the 20 year olds are !
I remember when I was 16 and we had a bunch of 20 +/- year old guitar R&R heroes. Like The Beatles, CCR, Stones, Beachboys, etc. I'm hoping some new blood will come along soon! cool

The new blood's all around us...but most don't look past the same heroes they've had since, as you noted above, were set when we/they were young.

I pointed out a young woman above who's easily as good already as most of our heroes ever were.
Who's checked her out ?
Who, having even checked her out, will continue to look for her music, performances or recordings ?

There's nothing wrong w/having old faves but there is something wrong w/thinking that the world quit advancing when it was only oneself that did so.

It would not matter if I were to check out the young lady or was lost in my own little world of what I do like to listen to. The trend is obvious in the 34 forum pages of birthdays that I am pointing out (i.e. tons of old guys and gals and a very small number in their 20's). The list is objective and is in no way based upon my likes or musical interests nor anyone else's. Is the Guitar world dead? If we don't see some new blood on the birthday list (such as your young lady), I would say it's dying... cool

#2974793 - 02/09/19 09:44 AM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: Winston Psmith]
d / halfnote Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

The practical retail angle WPS mentions is a real metric...
...as opposed to some measures that may be "meta-tricks" grin
However, there's an even wider world of retail than GC or even Sam Ash, etc.
Indi shops & crafters of gtrs, gear & associated stuff such as straps only widen the picture WPS draws.

Similarly the major sources of music mktg are only a narrow section of the way it's actually working for the last couple decades.
Many more artists are selling their works via their own mktg systems than ever & that number outstrips the standard model for corporate mktg, which really only offers 2 things: wider distribution & legal strength for (C) protection....& that latter is actually losing ground in recent yrs.

His presumption holds, though: the world of music & of the gtr specifically is still strong.

#2974794 - 02/09/19 09:47 AM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: Larryz]
d / halfnote Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Who's checked her out ?

It would not matter if I were to check out the young lady or was lost in my own little world of what I do like to listen to. The trend is obvious in the 34 forum pages of birthdays that I am pointing out (i.e. tons of old guys and gals and a very small number in their 20's). The list is objective and is in no way based upon my likes or musical interests nor anyone else's. Is the Guitar world dead? If we don't see some new blood on the birthday list (such as your young lady), I would say it's dying... cool

That's completely wrong & here's why:
that list is posted by some specific individuals at this site & drawn from their list of who they pay attention to...
...if the posters don't pay attention to or aren't even aware of someone, they'll never get mentioned.

#2974807 - 02/09/19 11:21 AM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: d / halfnote]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

Loc: The Great Spirit's Handprint o...
This young woman suggests there's little to fear for the gtr's future. Notice not just her well-practiced technique but the stylistic range & true musicality she exhibits.

VERY nice! Well done, and you are correct on her technical accomplishment, well-versed stylistic versatility, and musicality (a term and a topic near and dear to my heart). I love how from about 1:53 and on, she repeats some phrases that evoke a classic tune- Al Green? The Meters? I know I have a disc with that on it... I'm sure that there are other such gems and nuggets throughout. In any case, she shows great promise and I'll be looking for more from her, thanks!

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

#2974819 - 02/09/19 12:56 PM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
surfergirl Offline

Loc: Waialua, Hi
Really good. I tried to find some more of her stuff, but our wifi isn't very good today. Maybe because of the high winds, not really sure. Wifi here isn't very good to begin with.

#2974822 - 02/09/19 01:27 PM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: d / halfnote]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

"That's completely wrong & here's why:
that list is posted by some specific individuals at this site & drawn from their list of who they pay attention to...
...if the posters don't pay attention to or aren't even aware of someone, they'll never get mentioned."

[/quote]

It's not completely wrong and here's why:
I see no influence by the poster(s) nor any leaning toward who they pay attention to or try to ignore and find the list historical, objective and informative. I as a matter of fact, know nothing about most of the players that are posted. But I can see their ages and wish them a happy birthday. Perhaps it is not all inclusive for all genres. I am simply stating a trend and commenting on what I have noticed. Feel free to post a birthday list of great or well known guitar players in their 20's for comparison. That would answer my question; Where and who are they? cool

Edited by Larryz (02/09/19 01:43 PM)

#2974832 - 02/09/19 04:14 PM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: Larryz]
d / halfnote Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

LarZ, you know I like you & respect yer musical activity & I know you keep up on new gear tools more than I in recent times...but many (not most) of the regulars here demonstrate a clear feeling that The Gtr World/Music In General/Extra-cetera are in decline but at the same time make it clear they seldom check out new or even established players or music of recent vintage.

I must say that nothing in yer post really contradicts what I wrote. In fact it seems to explicitly support my description of that BDay list as one created most recently by posters disinterested in that of which they're not already aware.
Feel free to post a birthday list of great or well known guitar players in their 20's for comparison. That would answer my question; Where and who are they? cool

Well you had the opportunity to chk one out above.
When her BDay is seems the least relevant part of things.

#2974834 - 02/09/19 04:39 PM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: d / halfnote]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

I like you too d, I'm simply saying that it would not matter whether or not I made a great discovery of a new player regardless of her birthday. I'm not claiming it is even "relevant". What I listen to is irrelevant as the birthday list includes: rock, heavy metal, rap, blues, jazz, rockabilly, rock and roll, etc. What I'm observing is a trend based upon the birthday thread where there is a lack of new guitar players in their 20's being recognized and the demographics of the age groups that are still in the main stream.

The numbers are clear IHMO. The birthday thread started 7/18/17 and in such a short time we have seen 157,651 views and 1,002 posts. Way more than the other threads. There is no conspiracy as to the posters, viewers, artists chosen, etc. I think we need more players like the one you posted, I'm just not seeing the numbers on the list...I wish I did as that is the topic and OP's question... cool

#2974837 - 02/09/19 04:54 PM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: Larryz]
d / halfnote Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I think yer ignoringthe point
(Is The Gtr/Music/Everwhat Dead ?)
to debate something beside it
(the validity of a list devoted to celebrating players that's mostly selected by a few players who seldom listen to anything new).
I think we need more players like the one you posted,

So when'd ya last go look for one ? idk

#2974839 - 02/09/19 05:21 PM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
d / halfnote Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: Caevan O'Shite

VERY nice! Well done, and you are correct on her technical accomplishment, well-versed stylistic versatility, and musicality (a term and a topic near and dear to my heart). I love how from about 1:53 and on, she repeats some phrases that evoke a classic tune - Al Green? The Meters? I know I have a disc with that on it

...from about 1:53 and on, she repeats some phrases that evoke a classic tune - Al Green? The Meters? I know I have a disc with that on it

Hey, yer right !
I can almost recognize that
[1...2...(3)...4.../ (1...2...3...4...) /
/1...2...(3)...4.../ (1...2...3...4...) ]
rhythm yer talking abt
["Danger Will Robinson ! Ear Worm!" rolleyes]
I'll be looking for more from her, thanks!

Chk yer PMs, CO'S !

#2974875 - 02/09/19 10:27 PM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: d / halfnote]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

(the validity of a list devoted to celebrating players that's mostly selected by a few players who seldom listen to anything new).

Not a debate, just an observation. I will check with Fang to see where his source is as I don't think you are correct d. I have seen some younger 20 and 30 year olds now and then on the birthday list and there are no old guys refusing to list more AFAIK...Most of my favorites have already been listed and they will most likely come up again (i.e. every 365 days or so). I have ran across new players and lessons by new players on YouTube. The ones that interested me just last night were giving lessons on Scotty Moore leads to a couple of old Elvis tunes I'm working on. Lawdy Miss Clawdy and My Baby Left me by Tom Conlon (I doubt you'll find him on the birthday list).

My choices of new guitar players (male or female) will not change my observation of the birthday stats (i.e. the lack of youngins). cool

Edited by Larryz (02/09/19 10:29 PM)

#2974894 - 02/10/19 04:12 AM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: Larryz]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

My source is a site called "On This Day" (https://www.onthisday.com/today/birthdays.php)

Which can be narrowed down to not only birthdays, but also deaths, events and other historical matters. My only complaint is that they don't always mention a musician's instrument, like only stating, "guitarist", or "rocker" and too, doesn't in all cases mention also their date or year of death. I usually compile the names then go back though and check things out best I can before posting the info on that birthday thread.

Too, I think how much guitars are used or NOT used in modern times(in "popular" music) also depends on the genre. You'll probably ALWAYS see some newcomer, male or female, in the COUNTRY genre performing while holding and at least strumming a guitar. "rock/pop" genre will go through the usual cycles of guys with funny haircuts doing calisthenics( what they call "dancing") while singing insipid lyrics to the same "canned beats" all the others use. wink I have a nephew that gets pissed at me every time I refer to "Those canned beats in AUTOTUNE SAUCE" he likes to listen to. wink laugh
Whitefang

Edited by whitefang (02/10/19 04:13 AM)

#2974908 - 02/10/19 07:03 AM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: whitefang]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Thanks for identifying the site Fang...you're doing a great job! I can find lists of great guitar players but they don't give the birthdates... cool

#2974995 - 02/10/19 06:34 PM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: Larryz]
d / halfnote Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Not a debate, just an observation. I will check with Fang to see where his source is as I don't think you are correct d. I have seen some younger 20 and 30 year olds now and then on the birthday list and there are no old guys refusing to list more AFAIK...Most of my favorites have already been listed and they will most likely come up again (i.e. every 365 days or so). I have ran across new players and lessons by new players on YouTube. The ones that interested me just last night were giving lessons on Scotty Moore leads to a couple of old Elvis tunes I'm working on. Lawdy Miss Clawdy and My Baby Left me by Tom Conlon (I doubt you'll find him on the birthday list).

My choices of new guitar players (male or female) will not change my observation of the birthday stats (i.e. the lack of youngins). cool

All that blather abt sources of BDay lists, etc, is totally beside the point of whether the reason some think the gtr world is dead is b/cit's really dying or some just don't bother w/anything new.
Nor does genre matter. There are great players coming along regularly.
All one has to do is actually pay attention to what's available...outside their habitual line of sight.

#2975022 - 02/10/19 09:45 PM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: d / halfnote]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

I find the blather interesting much like a poll that is being taken on an on-going basis. When the data shows a dwindling number of 20 year olds, it indicates that there a fewer young musicians coming up to take the place of all those 70 and 80 year olds. Much like the question asked in the OP. It's not what "some say" or whether or not anyone is looking beyond their own "habitual line of sight". I asked Fang to share his source in hopes that you would find that the data is not being by provided by "players who seldom listen to anything new." The link is now available to you, but somehow I don't think you will click on it. And that's OK too... cool

#2975037 - 02/11/19 03:37 AM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: Larryz]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

I believe what SOME people think, based on what's getting the most "AIRPLAY" these days, IS that the "guitar world" is dead. But also THAT assumption would be made by those not looking beyond their "habitual line of sight" if that line is limited in genre interest. For instance---

Many in these forums are the type who like and listen to just about anything and everything. Yet we( yep, I'm one of 'em) are VERY SMALL in number compared to those who habitually AND intentionally limit their interests. Like those gleeps who always wear "the latest fashions" because they ARE "the latest fashion". Even if it DOES( and often...) make them look stupid. wink But too, remember....

I recall a part in my BEATLES ANTHOLOGY tapes the mention of DECCA records turning THEM down because( and the reason they gave) "Guitar bands are OUT!" wink
Whitefang

#2975052 - 02/11/19 05:22 AM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: Larryz]
d / halfnote Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I find the blather interesting much like a poll that is being taken on an on-going basis. When the data shows a dwindling number of 20 year olds, it indicates that there a fewer young musicians coming up to take the place of all those 70 and 80 year olds. Much like the question asked in the OP. It's not what "some say" or whether or not anyone is looking beyond their own "habitual line of sight". I asked Fang to share his source in hopes that you would find that the data is not being by provided by "players who seldom listen to anything new." The link is now available to you, but somehow I don't think you will click on it. And that's OK too... cool

rolleyes
All that's beside the point, I think.
The Q's not got anything to do w/who's on a BDay list nor the accuracy of any such list.
The Q here is, I'd say, the diff in the actual state of pop music vs what some may claim based on their habitual listening (or maybe not even listening but "from their rocking/non-rocking chair" pontificating.
Out in the real world there are prolly more musicians of all types, including gtr players, than ever before.
----------------------------------
Lemme share some PM mss I've gotten recently from newish members.
Quote:
Thank you for being a champion and defender of young artists. I can no long be part of a place where so many have so little respect, not just for young artists but young people in general. Keep up the good fight.

Quote:
I chose to PM you because you are the number 1 defender of young guitarists.
Can not promise to participate more.

I'm not a champion of anything except, I think, real artistry & progress (entertainment's cool; so are reruns of the Mickey Mouse Club, sometimes)
but I think it would behoove us to consider how those young ppl new to this place think.

#2975092 - 02/11/19 10:43 AM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: d / halfnote]
p90jr Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

The Guitar World as a business is bigger than it's ever been. Every brand that ever existed has been revived, probably, and there's so many boutique companies I can't keep track of them.

There are technological advancements galore...

As far as music, what the public got to hear used to be decided by a few people controlling things like airplay, record distribution, record company recording budgets...

Now, a kid can record a song in his bedroom on a laptop (or iPhone) upload it to the internet and it catches on he has a hit.

The consequence of that is that few things will ever be as dominant as some things were in the past. Number one records now sell 100,000 copies, where they used to sell 1,000,000. That won't go back to the way things were when we had a "monoculture" for the most part...

#2975228 - 02/11/19 08:57 PM Re: Is The Guitar World Dead hi [Re: p90jr]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

@ d, It will do no good to keep repeating myself except to say that I stand by my previous comments. Anyone can check out what I have posted if they so desire as the information is readily available. There is nothing derogatory that I have said toward any of our younger members. I have always admired our younger artists and do not wish to argue or debate with you or anyone else on the forum. That's not why I'm here. Please let your confidants know that I would not want to say anything that would cause them to leave the forum. You can stop your communications with me, so as to avoid any further confusion. Thanks.

Edited by Larryz (02/11/19 08:57 PM)

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose