Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2937262 - 07/11/18 04:22 AM Korg apps
Six-string-man Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: U.K.
Korg app sale starts today! 50% off. Not sure when it finishes. Just grabbed Module, and most of the in app purchases.

I have an iPad Pro, and had to keep rebooting while downloading the iap's for some reason. Anyway, finally loaded everything apart from the organ. Don't really see the point of buying that, as I have Galileo.

KC Island
#2937306 - 07/11/18 08:09 AM Re: Korg apps [Re: Six-string-man]
brenner13 Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Kansas
See? You only had to wait six months for the sale. SHEESH! razz

Your patience is awe inspiring. Worth the wait though, right?
Fully loaded Module is a handy tool for me at rehearsal and with a little more tweaking and prep, might eventually see some gig time.

Thanks for sharing..I think I already have every Korg app and all the IAP's except the Gorillaz Electribe...I keep that one out there to convince myself that I have control over my addiction. crazy

#2937317 - 07/11/18 08:53 AM Re: Korg apps [Re: brenner13]
Six-string-man Offline
Platinum Member

Well, it was quite a saga. It was on sale in early February this year, and I decided that it was something I "needed". (There are a whole lot of things that I "need").

Anyway, I went to download it, but my iPad series 4 was too old and decrepit apparently. I had been thinking about a new iPad Pro, so I ordered one online, and it arrived two days after the Korg sale ended.

So, overall, it's cost me five months waiting time, plus £1200 for the iPad, plus £95 for the app. However, I did save £10 through not buying the organ iap. Yay me!

I love the Mellotron and the Ivory piano, which I really needed, as I only have Ravenscroft 275, CMP, and iGrand. And you think you're addicted! The problem is, you see a nice app, and you think to yourself " well, it's only £15 or £20. Before you know it, you've spent £200!

#2937318 - 07/11/18 08:54 AM Re: Korg apps [Re: brenner13]
jeffinpghpa Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
This is great. I need more apps. I wish I had not just purchased the Luis Martinez library of Funk Drummer, Soft Drummer, Rock Drummer, Afro Latin Drummer, Brazilian Drummer and Future Drummer in the same month as I pretty much blew my apps budget for a while.... :-(

#2937322 - 07/11/18 09:04 AM Re: Korg apps [Re: jeffinpghpa]
Six-string-man Offline
Platinum Member

I managed to restrict myself to Funk Drummer and Rock Drummer with that one! Didn't think that the other three were hugely different. See, I DO have self-control!

#2937323 - 07/11/18 09:05 AM Re: Korg apps [Re: Six-string-man]
Sam Mullins Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Iowa City, Iowa
Did you buy the Ivory module? I use that the most for my "couch potato rig" (i.e. practicing while watching sports on TV). Pretty damn amazing the quality you can get for not much money these days. I'm a hardware guy for live gigs, but I have to say that Ivory on iPad is plenty good enough for that purpose (better than most of the hardware pianos).

#2937325 - 07/11/18 09:09 AM Re: Korg apps [Re: Sam Mullins]
Six-string-man Offline
Platinum Member

Originally Posted By: Sam Mullins
Did you buy the Ivory module? I use that the most for my "couch potato rig" (i.e. practicing while watching sports on TV). Pretty damn amazing the quality you can get for not much money these days. I'm a hardware guy for live gigs, but I have to say that Ivory on iPad is plenty good enough for that purpose (better than most of the hardware pianos).

Not much money? Did you READ my post? smile

#2937357 - 07/11/18 10:50 AM Re: Korg apps [Re: Six-string-man]
MoodyBluesKeys Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: eastern North Carolina
I also have both Galileo and Module. Galileo has the advantage of being able to adjust the drawbars. IMHO, Module has the advantage of a better Leslie sound - slow, fast, ramp up and down all are better. Test it out - some of the organs are included in the base, but there is an add-on that is just organs, gives more variety.

Module with all of the add-ons provides hundreds of sounds of many types.
Jim

#2937359 - 07/11/18 11:04 AM Re: Korg apps [Re: MoodyBluesKeys]
jeffinpghpa Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
I'm actually considering what Korg Module would give me that I don't already have on my iPad:

Pianos: Ravenscroft iOS, Salamander C5 & Steinway soundfonts with Bismarck
Electric Pianos: Neo Soul Keys Studio for iPad
Synths: Syntronik, Moog Minimoog D, Poison, Synth One & FM Player
Organ: Galileo
Drum Machines: Patterning, Luis Martinez apps

Is there anything I'm missing not having Korg Module?

#2937384 - 07/11/18 01:05 PM Re: Korg apps [Re: jeffinpghpa]
roygBiv Offline

Loc: Pacific NW
Originally Posted By: jeffinpghpa
I'm actually considering what Korg Module would give me that I don't already have on my iPad:

Yes - the ease of having all of the above in one app. That sounds really good, and is super easy to use. Also has a "set list" feature, so you can have all the patches lined up in a list ready to go (for each song if you want, or just to switch between for differetn songs).

Honestly, I have almost all of the app you listed above, but ONLY us Module for live performances. I'm usually borderline nervous when playing live (even though I've been doing it for over 35 years!), and don't want worry about individual apps glitching out.
With module, I just pull it up, switch between patches on the set list, and play. Closest experience I've seen to a hardware unit on iOS.

#2937389 - 07/11/18 01:24 PM Re: Korg apps [Re: roygBiv]
Joe P Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Long Valley, NJ
Module also has strings, horns and clavs. thu

#2937396 - 07/11/18 02:11 PM Re: Korg apps [Re: jeffinpghpa]
Six-string-man Offline
Platinum Member

Originally Posted By: jeffinpghpa

Mellotron.

#2937411 - 07/11/18 04:06 PM Re: Korg apps [Re: Six-string-man]
BitBucket Offline

Loc: CA
The Korg Module Triton Add-on Pack for an extra $10 on sale is really nice... I've been searching for many of these iconic sounds: like a good jazz solo trumpet, sax or the Seinfeld Theme "Bass", many Michael Jackson KB sounds and 90 others. It weighs less than a gram and consumes less than 1 watt. Supports 88 keys. Fits is a shirt pocket when used with the iPhone (at no extra cost).

I like to take my iphone with some itunes backing tracks and my earphones and
play in the garden on a battery powered MIDI controller with a Yamaha BlueTooth MIDI adapter (I power the MIDI Controller's USB port with a 30,000 mHA battery which has extra ports for the iphone's needs). If you want to skip the Bluetooth you can cable the Controller to the iPhone's Lightning connector and put the Power bus into the Lightning port on the Camera adapter save save the $70 on the Yamaha Bluetooth device and give $40 to Apple. I just like the idea of minimal cabling and I have velcro'ed the battery to the MIDI controller.

This use of the iPhone also works well with iRig audio adapters and guitars for practicing on long walks in some headphones. I need a strap for the MIDI controller I guess to hit the walking trail with a keyboard.

Mobility rocks.

Edited by BitBucket (07/11/18 04:07 PM)

#2937472 - 07/12/18 12:06 AM Re: Korg apps [Re: MoodyBluesKeys]
Six-string-man Offline
Platinum Member

Originally Posted By: MoodyBluesKeys
IMHO, Module has the advantage of a better Leslie sound - slow, fast, ramp up and down all are better. Test it out - some of the organs are included in the base, but there is an add-on that is just organs, gives more variety.

Well thanks! That's just made me spend another £10! frown

#2937501 - 07/12/18 06:26 AM Re: Korg apps [Re: BitBucket]
AnotherScott Offline
10k Club

Originally Posted By: BitBucket
The Korg Module Triton Add-on Pack for an extra $10 on sale is really nice...

The original Triton had 512 programs. Is there any list of which 100 are in the Module add-on pack? I didn't see it on Korg's site. One issue with apps is how little documentation there generally is... like no patch lists!

#2937535 - 07/12/18 08:47 AM Re: Korg apps [Re: AnotherScott]
ChrisDespo Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, US
Scott - you can grab the entire collection of M1 and T1 expansion cards with pretty much every add on sound made (from Korg) in th iM1 app for just a few bucks (I think around $6 or so for both packs) ... lots to dig into ...I had an M1 back in the day and only had the $ for one or 2 cards at the time so this is pretty cool esp for the price ... well worth it for blast from past ...

(My bad, just realized you were referring to Triton ... I had one of those as well ...sounds included are good there as well but donít have list ... carry on ... )

Edited by ChrisDespo (07/12/18 08:50 AM)

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner