Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2937259 - 07/11/18 04:04 AM Awaiting my Stage 3 Compact....while UPS ........
ewall08530 Offline
Gold Member

....ships it 3000 miles in the wrong direction.

Yes, you read that right. My gas for a Stage 3 was finally relieved by a great deal for a new compact. The trip from Connecticut to NJ was supposed to be 2 days but when it didn't arrive on Tuesday 7-3 I spent July 4 and part of the next day waiting for an update
After finally calling on Thursday 7-5, I was told it was scanned on arrival in Secacus but no other scan since then.

They started a lost package investigation and yesterday I was notified that it was in Cerritos, California. I hope to take delivery on Friday 7-13.

In the bigger picture it's wonderful to be in the position of finally upgrading my dream all-in-one board.

Has UPS gotten too big for its britches? Up until 2 years ago I'd never had a bad experience and now this is my third.

KC Island
#2937263 - 07/11/18 04:39 AM Re: Awaiting my Stage 3 Compact....while UPS ........ [Re: ewall08530]
kbrkr Offline

This always reminds me of the Tom Petty song; "The Waiting".

Please make sure you check out your mod wheel when you do get the new board. I don't know if their QC has gotten better, but when I yanked my NS3C out of the box and started playing it, the Mod wheel was non-functional. I decided to open the board myself and see what the issue was and sure enough the cable was not attached properly (the 3 pin connector was only connected to two pins!).

Good luck with the new board.

Edited by kbrkr (07/11/18 04:40 AM)

#2937269 - 07/11/18 05:28 AM Re: Awaiting my Stage 3 Compact....while UPS ........ [Re: kbrkr]
Math&Music Offline

Loc: Northern VA
When I ordered my Electro through GC, I was fortunate enough to have both problems. First delivery never made it. UPS started a theft investigation. Called me, even though it was supposed to be shipped to GC. Second delivery arrived but rotary fast/slow switch didnít work. Sent that back through GC (I like ordering big stuff from the local GC just for this reason). Almost 2 months later I had my board.

#2937277 - 07/11/18 06:25 AM Re: Awaiting my Stage 3 Compact....while UPS ........ [Re: Math&Music]
drawback Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Victoria BC, Canada
My latest shipped board, Mojo61 Lower Manual, was shipped FedEx from the factory in Italy, went through the USA, then Canada customs and still arrived at my door 4 days early, while I tracked it every step of the way.

Seems to me a few bucks extra for priority shipping for a board as expensive as an NS3 should be a no brainer.

#2937332 - 07/11/18 09:16 AM Re: Awaiting my Stage 3 Compact....while UPS ........ [Re: drawback]
Desert Rat Offline

Loc: Arizona, U.S.
Just keep your fingers crossed it wasn't on the train that derailed near Tucson yesterday. Several UPS trucks were thrown from the flatcars and ended up on the highway...upside down.

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

ARP (Korg) Odyssey Mk.1 FS, Roland JU-06 and Alesis DG-8

#2937370 - 07/11/18 11:56 AM Re: Awaiting my Stage 3 Compact....while UPS ........ [Re: Desert Rat]
Throbert Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Colorado
FedEx is usually always better than UPS and more expensive as well.
I need a UAD quad and an IEM rig. More VIs

#2937372 - 07/11/18 12:00 PM Re: Awaiting my Stage 3 Compact....while UPS ........ [Re: Throbert]
J. Dan Online   content
Bannination Free Since '08
10k Club

Loc: St. Louis, MO
I definitely prefer FedEx. I ship with them all the time, often next day air. Most of it is business related and we get a REALLY good rate. I wish I could get our rate for personal shipments, but we only get it for central billing on our account, which I cannot use for personal. But very reliable!

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

#2937409 - 07/11/18 03:58 PM Re: Awaiting my Stage 3 Compact....while UPS ........ [Re: Throbert]
MotiDave Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: San Diego, CA USA
Originally Posted By: Throbert
FedEx is usually always better than UPS and more expensive as well.

? I think it depends on what you're shipping. last time I shipped a controller keyboard, FedEx was 40% cheaper. no rhyme or reason, it sometimes seems ... I have a Fedex kitty-corner across the street from a UPS so its easy enough to get a quote from both.

Usually when you buy from someone, they aren't giving you the option to select.

#2937416 - 07/11/18 04:28 PM Re: Awaiting my Stage 3 Compact....while UPS ........ [Re: MotiDave]
Throbert Offline
Gold Member

Not giving you an option also means it can be handed off to USPS, which might not be a problem
for some but my local office has a habit of screwing the pooch when it comes to these kinds of shipments

#2937436 - 07/11/18 07:21 PM Re: Awaiting my Stage 3 Compact....while UPS ........ [Re: ewall08530]
ChiefDanG Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
Originally Posted By: ewall08530

They started a lost package investigation and yesterday I was notified that it was in Cerritos, California. I hope to take delivery on Friday 7-13.

You do realize that you're expecting delivery Friday the 13th?
Good luck!
(Hey, Ed. In case you don't recognize me here, this is Dan George, formerly of Flemington, NJ. Our talk a couple months ago convinced me to go with a Nord Stage 3SW. Ordered it around Memorial Day, got it in a few days. Spent a few weeks programming and now I have a great one-keyboard rig when needed. MIDI it up to my PX5s and I got a superb two-key rig. I know you're Nord-experienced, so you know what's coming for you. Good Luck!)

For those of you who don't know Ed personally - excellent keyboard player/excellent vocalist/soulful dude - the real deal.

#2937453 - 07/11/18 08:36 PM Re: Awaiting my Stage 3 Compact....while UPS ........ [Re: ChiefDanG]
cphollis Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Massachussets, Florida
Yes, I prefer FedEx for the most part, but I've started to encounter a few issues with them recently.

I think they're starting to use private contractors for last-mile delivery in my area, and it's not working well.

I buy something. Signature required, not my choice. They send me messages about when it's supposed to be delivered, OK, fine.

Local contractor decides he/she ain't gonna do it that day, so it pushes to the next day. And then the day after that. And I'm supposed to be sitting around waiting for a potential delivery? My favorite is when they recorded a "no one home" on a delivery, when I was watching the front door ALL DAY from my home office.

Total BS.

I complained loudly when this happened more than once. Zero response from FedEx, as you might expect. After all, it wasn't me paying for the shipment. So I got my shippers involved.

We'll see.

Keys: NP2, NS3C, NE4D, DeepMind-12
Home: Bosie 200, Yam AG N3
Amps: FA 12acs, RCF TT08as, QSC Ks, SSv3
Stuff: Stay stands, Key Largo, Vent II, X-Air 16

#2937484 - 07/12/18 03:58 AM Re: Awaiting my Stage 3 Compact....while UPS ........ [Re: ChiefDanG]
ewall08530 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: ChiefDanG

You do realize that you're expecting delivery Friday the 13th?
Good luck!
(Hey, Ed. In case you don't recognize me here, this is Dan George, formerly of Flemington, NJ. Our talk a couple months ago convinced me to go with a Nord Stage 3SW. Ordered it around Memorial Day, got it in a few days. Spent a few weeks programming and now I have a great one-keyboard rig when needed. MIDI it up to my PX5s and I got a superb two-key rig. I know you're Nord-experienced, so you know what's coming for you. Good Luck!)

For those of you who don't know Ed personally - excellent keyboard player/excellent vocalist/soulful dude - the real deal.

Danny, thank you for the kind words. I've always admired your talent and professionalism and it appears you're doing well down in Nashville. I can't think of anyone more deserving.
I really enjoyed catching up with you back in the spring. And lord, no....I didn't think Friday the 13th. I'm less concerned about when I'll get it and very anxious what condition it will be in when it finally arrives.

Congratulations on your purchase and I plan on a similar pairing with my PX 5S.
Let's get another visit on the phone before the summer is over!

#2937689 - 07/13/18 03:20 AM Re: Awaiting my Stage 3 Compact....while UPS ........ [Re: ewall08530]
ewall08530 Offline
Gold Member

ACTIVITY
07/12/2018 11:00 P.M. A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible.

#2937748 - 07/13/18 09:31 AM Re: Awaiting my Stage 3 Compact....while UPS ........ [Re: ewall08530]
Throbert Offline
Gold Member

ACTIVITY
07/12/2018 11:00 P.M. A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible.
Yea, I got a mechanical failure on my last delivery, think it was my HX3. Tool like, 3 days for it to start moving again.

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner