Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2937226 - 07/10/18 07:47 PM Re: Sunlight prevents seeing screen of Yamaha. [Re: J. Dan]
CowboyNQ Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Originally Posted By: J. Dan
Of course gigs will be limited to Zion, located in the depths of the earth and accessible only by sewer pipes.

In other words, business as usual for my pub band.

KC Island
#2937228 - 07/10/18 07:55 PM Re: Sunlight prevents seeing screen of Yamaha. [Re: CowboyNQ]
J. Dan Online   content
Bannination Free Since '08
10k Club

Loc: St. Louis, MO
Originally Posted By: CowboyNQ
Of course gigs will be limited to Zion, located in the depths of the earth and accessible only by sewer pipes.

In other words, business as usual for my pub band.

Hopefully the nukes wipe out those Funnel Web spiders....those things scare the bejesus out of me!

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

#2937231 - 07/10/18 08:11 PM Re: Sunlight prevents seeing screen of Yamaha. [Re: J. Dan]
WesG Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Inverary, ON, Canada
I wonder if you could make a nice shade out of a dryer exhaust vent....
Roland: VR-09
Band Site: http://DrBombay.ca/

#2937239 - 07/11/18 12:45 AM Re: Sunlight prevents seeing screen of Yamaha. [Re: J. Dan]
CowboyNQ Offline
Gold Member

Hopefully the nukes wipe out those Funnel Web spiders....those things scare the bejesus out of me!

With good reason - they're pretty bloody dangerous.

#2937240 - 07/11/18 02:11 AM Re: Sunlight prevents seeing screen of Yamaha. [Re: CowboyNQ]
Markay Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Australia

Hey, I live in the epicentre of funnelweb territory, which is the reason I have a white finish on the pool, so I can spot my little mates on the floor before I dive in and avoid them, they take three days worth of air down with them. But why worry, the local hospital has the antivenom in stock at all times and I live within the 30 minute window - outside peak hour. What are we going to be in of fear next - Redbacks on the toilet seat at night? Coupla days in ICU and then back to playing.

For the OP, grab a slab of VB, cut the cardboard carton down to the required size and gaffer tape to your board. Enjoy the beer - there aren't many first world problems beer can't solve, right Tom?

#2937247 - 07/11/18 03:09 AM Re: Sunlight prevents seeing screen of Yamaha. [Re: Markay]
CowboyNQ Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Markay

What are we going to be in of fear next - Redbacks on the toilet seat at night? Coupla days in ICU and then back to playing.

In my case it's redbacks hanging around the BBQ. Thorough inspection required before cooking! With beer in hand, of course Mark!

#2937261 - 07/11/18 04:14 AM Re: Sunlight prevents seeing screen of Yamaha. [Re: CowboyNQ]
Markay Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Beer and lots of mates, each with their own idea of how to cook a steak, sends the Redbacks running. Half time in SoO 3. Trust you are supporting the Blues. Nice to watch some hard hits and argy bargy after 2 weeks of low level contact in the World Cup.

#2937285 - 07/11/18 07:09 AM Re: Sunlight prevents seeing screen of Yamaha. [Re: Markay]
CowboyNQ Offline
Gold Member

Actually I'm a Maroons fan - perhaps an issue we can robustly discuss at our next micro hang if you're keen, with David (aka Nursers) invited too of course.

Apologies OP for the massive hijack - haven't done a daytime outdoor gig in about 4 years but I reckon a bit of tissue box-style cardboard and gaffa tape would go a long way, as per many suggestions in this and other threads.

#2937299 - 07/11/18 07:47 AM Re: Sunlight prevents seeing screen of Yamaha. [Re: CowboyNQ]
Markay Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Yeah, we will have organise another hang and get David and some more Sydneysiders involved.

Given the result I would prefer to leave further discussion of State of Origin till next year.

This thread coukd be hijacked? The only thing missing is a deeper examination of the meaning of life.

#2937309 - 07/11/18 08:18 AM Re: Sunlight prevents seeing screen of Yamaha. [Re: Markay]
J. Dan Online   content
Bannination Free Since '08
10k Club

Loc: St. Louis, MO
Speaking of the meaning of life....

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner