Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2935899 - 07/03/18 06:51 AM Studio Report
skipclone 1 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Japan
Well after WAY WAY too long, I did some recording last Sunday at a friend`s home studio way out in the countryside.
One thing that has interested me for a long time, is taking dance mixes and infusing them with guitar. Some of my favorite bands have done something along those lines. Last year a buddy of mine in Malmo, Sweden, sent me a track-he also plays guitar but told me he didn`t have any ideas for this one, could I give it a go and see what happens. After a bunch of listens, I recorded three tracks. My bud said to record as clean as possible, he wanted maximum flexibility for remixing. I just went through my VHT line buffer and that`s it. I also did a remix of the soundtrack for my youtube video. Mr. Mixdown guy accidentally put a drum track on the first part, it was supposed to be keys only. We finally got it all together but I said, actually that`s kind of kool with the drums. I might just play over it for fun. Then I did a simple piano intro for another song-a friend who works at a studio in Canada is a real pianist, she said she could flesh out the melody for me.
Anyway my bud said it`s going to be a while before he can get to the remix-one of his hard drives crashed and he has a new one on order. Meanwhile I`m going to ask if it`s okay to post the rough mix here. I`m sure it`s okay but I`d rather check first. It might be a little hard to hear what`s going on but you can get the idea.

Skipsounds on Soundclick:
www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

GP Island
#2935907 - 07/03/18 08:05 AM Re: Studio Report [Re: skipclone 1]
d Online   content
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
Originally Posted By: skipclone 1
I`m going to ask if it`s okay to post the rough mix here. I`m sure it`s okay but I`d rather check first. It might be a little hard to hear what`s going on but you can get the idea.

Please do...or alert us if you get directed to the "post yer music here" thread !
snax

#2935908 - 07/03/18 08:08 AM Re: Studio Report [Re: skipclone 1]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
Skip, Sounds like you are staying busy and having some fun! Looking forward to you posting the rough mix here. If you have to post it on the Post Your Music Here thread, let us know so that we don't miss it. I seldom check that thread...good luck with the new project! thu

#2935917 - 07/03/18 09:04 AM Re: Studio Report [Re: Larryz]
A String Administrator Online   shocked
Admin
10k Club

Loc: Ontario, Canada
In the interest of fairness, I'd have to ask you to post it in the "post your music here" thread. but, feel free to let us know in this thread, when it's up. I'd love to hear it!
My Pics

#2936205 - 07/04/18 10:25 PM Re: Studio Report [Re: A String]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

Loc: The Great Spirit's Handprint o...
Yes, please let us know here when it's up there!

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

#2936411 - 07/06/18 03:28 AM Re: Studio Report [Re: Larryz]
skipclone 1 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: Larryz
Skip, Sounds like you are staying busy and having some fun! Looking forward to you posting the rough mix here. If you have to post it on the Post Your Music Here thread, let us know so that we don't miss it. I seldom check that thread...good luck with the new project! thu

Larryz if I don`t stay busy, there is a special sub-basement of hell.
I believe it`s one floor below the temp workers.

#2936427 - 07/06/18 05:02 AM Re: Studio Report [Re: skipclone 1]
skipclone 1 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

The mix is posted guys. Hope you enjoy it.

#2936444 - 07/06/18 07:07 AM Re: Studio Report [Re: skipclone 1]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
Great job Skip! Keep us posted and let us know when you add the vocal track, and post it too for us! thu

#2936473 - 07/06/18 10:00 AM Re: Studio Report [Re: Larryz]
d Online   content
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...

#2936576 - 07/06/18 09:26 PM Re: Studio Report [Re: d]
skipclone 1 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

d
In case you missed it, here is a copy of my reply-

Thanks for the careful listen and thoughtful comments as always. Yes all the audible guitar sounds are by me. My bud did originally have a bit of chordal stuff going on but it was extremely low in the mix and is not a presence at all in what you hear. As mentioned, there are three parts interweaving. Once my bud does his remixing magic, I`m sure the rough spots will be sanded down.
This is actually closer to my foundations on guitar than the acoustic sounds I`ve been doing in recent years. I was surprised at how much work it took to get my electric legs under me again.

So basically, the phasery sounds are kb, everything else is me.

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose