Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NBA 2018-2019 Thread

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

And one of my first posts in this thread will be this ridiculous scenario: Lakers landing the big three of Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, and that other guy. Now, a lot of you know that I'm not a huge Lebron fan, but regardless, it will be interesting to see who, if anyone, they get.

How the Lakers can land Bronbron, Kawhi, and Paul George

I hope it works out for you, Geoff.

Thanks, Ken.

And one of my first posts in this thread will be this ridiculous scenario: Lakers landing the big three of Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, and that other guy. Now, a lot of you know that I'm not a huge Lebron fan, but regardless, it will be interesting to see who, if anyone, they get.

How the Lakers can land Bronbron, Kawhi, and Paul George

A lot of pundits seem to be betting on that outcome, and it would be nice for the Lakers to be contenders again. It sure looks like it would take another super teamat or above the level of the Rocketsto topple Golden State.

Best,

Geoff

Lebron going to any Western Conference team (other than GS, and that ain't happenin') will raise the possibility of not seeing him in the Finals for the the first time in, well, forever. I don't really think the big 3 they're talking about trying to assemble in LA necessarily beats the Warriors as they are presently constituted.....

Lebron going to any Western Conference team (other than GS, and that ain't happenin') will raise the possibility of not seeing him in the Finals for the the first time in, well, forever. I don't really think the big 3 they're talking about trying to assemble in LA necessarily beats the Warriors as they are presently constituted.....

I keep hearing rumors about how Bronbron has already been making specific arrangements with the entertainment industry that clearly indicates that he is coming, that he intends on putting down roots in Los Angeles.

But then I think about what your point and how he would need to go through Houston and GS to do so, no small feat, and I really don't know.

But I think free agency is July 1st, right? Not far from now. This will be fascinating.

As a Lakers fan, I think it would be more fun for them to battle Bronbron and defeat whatever team he's on soundly than it would be to have him join up.

• 2 weeks later...
Lebron is a LAKER 4 year 154 million deal not bad.

Wow. Big news.

Now the rest of the free agency / trade dominoes can fall.

The next cliffhangers have us holding our collective breaths: What will happen to Lonzo Ball and his two brothers?

The next cliffhangers have us holding our collective breaths: What will happen to Lonzo Ball and his two brothers?
:laugh: and their dad! :roll:

[video:youtube]

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Lebron is a LAKER 4 year 154 million deal not bad.

Link:

LeBron James agrees to 4-year, $154M deal with Los Angeles Lakers

The fourth year is reportedly a player option.

Well, at least we know for certain now that next year's NBA Finals will not be yet another LeBron/Warriors rematch. It also seems very likely that the Lakers will at least make the playoffs.

Best,

Geoff

So what's the next domino? Leonard? the ESPN guys were making noise like that was going to be hard for the Lakes to pull off. Bron Bron is going to need some help in LA. Also, I wonder how long Ball's stay in LA will be now. I can't imagine Lebron putting up with dear old dad's static for very long before Lonzo gets shown the door.....

I think it's pretty clear that Kawhi Leonard will be a Laker once his contract expires a year from now, but it'll be toughalthough not impossiblefor LA to extract him from San Antonio in the meantime. As for Lonzo Ball, I think he'll remain on the team, for now.

Best,

Geoff

So, the Lakers will become the Cavaliers of the Western conference. :laugh:

Well, not exactly because the Lakers will still have a hard time getting past Golden State, Houston, San Antonio and probably OKC.

Obviously, this is great move in terms of reinvigorating the Lakers fanbase and filling up the Staples Center.

Otherwise, it seems like a great golden parachute for LBJ to set up shop in Cali and ride off into the Hollywood sunset to further his post-basketball ambitions. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

this is great move in terms of reinvigorating the Lakers fanbase and filling up the Staples Center.

for the 1%ers :laugh:

I read tickets prices started skyrocketing immediately after "the announcement".

:nopity:

Well, not exactly because the Lakers will still have a hard time getting past Golden State, Houston, San Antonio and probably OKC.

Obviously, this is great move in terms of reinvigorating the Lakers fanbase and filling up the Staples Center.

Otherwise, it seems like a great golden parachute for LBJ to set up shop in Cali and ride off into the Hollywood sunset to further his post-basketball ambitions. :cool:

Golden State, Houston, sure, probably San Antonio.....OKC is one mega over rated team right now, in my opinion. A one man gang isn't beating any great TEAM in a 7 game series, I don't care how good that one man may be.....Bron Bron just proved that, didn't he?

I suppose that's one way to keep Lance from blowing in LeBron's ear... :D

dB

Maybe not during scrimmages! :D

It is that.

The Lakers are not going to win a championship as presently constituted. They are not getting past Houston or Golden State, but might be able to get past San Antonio or OKC.

They're relevant again after sucking for ages.

As I said above, I'd rather be beating Bronbron, but I'm glad that the Lakers are playoff-bound and relevant.