Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2935167 - 06/28/18 04:37 PM For Reals--My New High Resolution "Best Of" Compilation
Jazzooo Offline
Gold Member

Loc: San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
My friends, I am so excited. Blue Coast Music, an audiophile label started by award-winning engineer Cookie Marenco, has just now released the first of two compilations by yours truly. I promise there are many musical surprises on this download-only offering.

Please visit the site and check out the full-length versions of the songs. You'll hear Peter Erskine, Mike Stern, Mike Miller, John Pattitucci, Bob Sheppard and several other killer players. I'm playing acoustic piano, B3, synths and even Drums on one track.

Even though most of the tracks were originally (and beautifully) recorded by cats like Rich Breen, Josiah Gluck and Dan Richards, Cookie remastered everything using Blue Coast's patented SEA technology and holy moly does it all sound amazing. These are my favorite upbeat and pleasantly intense tracks from Plays Well With Others, Two Days in November, SitJazzDown, Let Freedom Swing, DuoTunes with Ken Basman plus some unreleased gems I've been dying to get out there.

You can choose the high-resolution format you want to download (WAV, FLAC or DSD) and if you order soon you'll get a 30% discount. That won't last but for now, it's happening!

Check it out:

https://bluecoastmusic.com/doug-robinson/dynamic#.WzVina3Mwck

Discount code is DAD30.

No CDs, download only.

WoooHOOOO!

KC Island
#2935232 - 06/29/18 05:28 AM Re: For Reals--My New High Resolution "Best Of" Compilation [Re: Jazzooo]
Joe Muscara Offline
Triple Secret Banninated
10k Club

Loc: Heaven, Hell, or Houston
Cool deal, Doug! I'm checking it out now. thu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M0eMkcc91E

#2935416 - 06/30/18 08:23 AM Re: For Reals--My New High Resolution "Best Of" Compilation [Re: Jazzooo]
davedoerfler Offline
KCFF League Champion 2017
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: the swamp
just downloaded, Doug. Going to listen on my way to work today.
Trent Reznor

#2935427 - 06/30/18 10:06 AM Re: For Reals--My New High Resolution "Best Of" Compilation [Re: davedoerfler]
Jazzooo Offline
Gold Member

Thanks, guys! Dave, what resolution did you choose? I hope you dig the work.

#2935440 - 06/30/18 11:43 AM Re: For Reals--My New High Resolution "Best Of" Compilation [Re: Jazzooo]
davedoerfler Offline
KCFF League Champion 2017
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: the swamp
sounds great so far, Doug. Listened to the first 4 tracks on the way into work, will listen to the rest on the way home tonight. I chose 44.1 WAV, my ears don't hear anything higher than that anyway.
Trent Reznor

#2935443 - 06/30/18 11:51 AM Re: For Reals--My New High Resolution "Best Of" Compilation [Re: davedoerfler]
Jazzooo Offline
Gold Member

Thanks--me too! I do hear a bit of difference with the FLAC files but in a car?

#2937790 - 07/13/18 01:14 PM Re: For Reals--My New High Resolution "Best Of" Compilation [Re: Jazzooo]
Jazzooo Offline
Gold Member

Just two days left to get a 30% discount--enter the code DAD30 when you choose your download format. People are apparently enjoying the music, as it's selling 'above average' according to the label folk!

#2943420 - 08/15/18 08:54 PM Re: For Reals--My New High Resolution "Best Of" Compilation [Re: Jazzooo]
Jazzooo Offline
Gold Member

A quick update:

I heard from the label president that my first 'best of' compilation called DYNAMIC is doing better than expected:

"You've done better than most for sales... even better than the 6 Grammy Award winning albums from (artist names confidential) that include Stanley Jordan, Christian McBride and Billy Childs. Our fans are buying your music because they like the music, trust our judgement and approve of the SEA process. "

They are now preparing my second compilation (RANGE), which I think is super interesting and diverse. Probably too weird and eclectic for normal listeners but audiophiles and musicians will probably dig it. A few more unreleased tracks on this next one, plus my favorite intimate and quirky tracks from recent projects.

They are running the 30% discount program again for a few days, so please go to https://bluecoastmusic.com/doug-robinson/dynamic#.W3Sgpa3Mwck.

You can audition each track in WAV format, and then buy a download in either WAV, FLAC or DSD high resolution. Just use the discount code SUMMER30 and you'll get a 30% discount at checkout.

Thanks!

Doug

#2944480 - 08/22/18 02:29 PM Re: For Reals--My New High Resolution "Best Of" Compilation [Re: Jazzooo]
Dave Bryce Administrator Offline
KCFFL Champ '14, '16
10k Club

Loc: Thousand Oaks,CA,UNITED STATES
Great to hear! Congrats, Doug!

dB

rockit ==> David Bryce Music Funky Young Monks <==rawk

Professional affiliations: Cloud Microphones Crumar elysia Reverb Foundry Roswell Pro Audio

#2946058 - 08/31/18 12:22 PM Re: For Reals--My New High Resolution "Best Of" Compilation [Re: Dave Bryce]
Jazzooo Offline
Gold Member

Thanks, Dave!

UPDATE--the second compilation (Doug Robinson Compilation Two: RANGE) is now available from bluecoastmusic.com in WAV, FLAC and high-res DSD formats--download only.

RANGE is my favorite project in a long time, essentially a best-of featuring my more reflective compositions, performed either on my Kawai grand or in a trio or quartet format featuring Peter Erskine, Dave Carpenter, Wayne Johnson and other great players. Also included is Forest Movement 6.5, on which I played all of the instruments including e-bowed acoustic guitar and for which I got a five-star review from Recording Magazine.

Check out the clips here:https://bluecoastmusic.com/doug-robinson/range#.W4mVR63Mwck

Thanks!

Doug