Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2934926 - 06/27/18 11:00 AM Guitarist Preference
DocPate Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Virginia
Not a "list"...just curious. This is a "poll" about style as epitomized by certain artists.

http://guitarplayersforum.boards.net/post/5057/thread

Mine is Doc Watson

Edited by DocPate (06/27/18 12:14 PM)

GP Island
#2934950 - 06/27/18 03:22 PM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: DocPate]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
Gee, no votes for Hendrix or Montgomery ?!! freak
What kinda guitarists are they over there ?
idk HeadPop

#2934966 - 06/27/18 04:17 PM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: d]
DocPate Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: d
Gee, no votes for Hendrix or Montgomery ?!! freak
What kinda guitarists are they over there ?
idk HeadPop

Guess we need your vote. Which one would you vote for?

#2934969 - 06/27/18 04:26 PM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: DocPate]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Well, I didn't try to vote there since usually ya can't unless a site member...& I don't think I'd join a club that passes on JH & Wes.

All of the 5 cited are good but I think the votes there are in exact reverse of their inventiveness.

To cut to the answer to yer Q, DocP, while Hendrix is my personal fave & actually the most creative of them as a muso or composer, I'd have to say Watson was prolly the best on a purely technical level as a guitarist.

#2934970 - 06/27/18 04:37 PM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: d]
DocPate Offline
Gold Member

Well, I didn't try to vote there since usually ya can't unless a site member...& I don't think I'd join a club that passes on JH & Wes.

All of the 5 cited are good but I think the votes there are in exact reverse of their inventiveness.

To cut to the answer to yer Q, DocP, while Hendrix is my personal fave & actually the most creative of them as a muso or composer, I'd have to say Watson was prolly the best on a purely technical level as a guitarist.

Yep. I agree with you on all points. (Edit) - Read DBM's comments. He agrees with you.

Edited by DocPate (06/27/18 04:37 PM)

#2934975 - 06/27/18 05:02 PM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: DocPate]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Everybody agrees w/me, b/c, like K Richards & Chuck Berry's ghost, I'm always right !

#2934989 - 06/27/18 06:07 PM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: d]
DocPate Offline
Gold Member

@d. Unless you're left

#2934992 - 06/27/18 06:18 PM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: DocPate]
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Near Phoenix Az
Originally Posted By: DocPate

Yep. I agree with you on all points. (Edit) - Read DBM's comments. He agrees with you.

And below my comments.

I went with Gilmour of those you posted. He is my favorite of that crew up there, although I loved Hendrix for his freak value, and his unique sound/creativity, he was not a real clean player like the rest of them.

I also admired Eric Clapton from the Cream days and beyond a little bit. But the one who moved me of all of those was Gilmour.

I once saw Doc Watson with his son Merle Watson at a small venue in Denver Colorado in a small room, I sat in the front row 5 feet from the stage which was at the same height as that front row. I was stunned to silence by those two. I could not play for 2 weeks after that show.

Harvey Cedars is my stage name on Soundclick

#2935010 - 06/27/18 10:47 PM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: desertbluesman]
Dannyalcatraz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Dallas/FW Metroplex, Texas
Iíd probably have to go with Gilmour and Hendrix in my coin-toss for #1 & #2 of those guys.

Having said that, I must also say that of all the guitar greats Iíve had the privilege of seeing in person, quite possibly the greatest single performance I witnessed was seeing Eric Johnson at an open-air festival in San Antonio...after seeing SRV on the same stage the previous night.

Both guys brought everything they had. But EJ commanded the crowd in a way Iíve never seen before or since. Both sets featured hit flowing into hit flowing into hit.

SRV got the crowd of drunks all fired up & rowdy. Towards the end, some were launching cups of beer at the stage. FULL cups.

But EJ? In front of a similarly boozed-up bunch, he was like Orpheus. Where SRVís crowd was barely controlled chaos, EJís was utterly mesmerized. Ever hear the sound of dozens of drunks shushing other drunks so they can hear the performer speak?

Total.
Crowd.
Control.

Edited by Dannyalcatraz (06/27/18 10:56 PM)

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

#2935018 - 06/28/18 04:27 AM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: d]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...

Well, d, I AM a member there, but still couldn't see any way to vote in that poll. And too, I'm pretty much in agreement with ya on the Jimi and Wes issue.
Whitefang

#2935028 - 06/28/18 05:41 AM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: Dannyalcatraz]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

Loc: The Great Spirit's Handprint o...

Originally Posted By: Dannyalcatraz
Iíd probably have to go with Gilmour and Hendrix in my coin-toss for #1 & #2 of those guys.

Having said that, I must also say that of all the guitar greats Iíve had the privilege of seeing in person, quite possibly the greatest single performance I witnessed was seeing Eric Johnson at an open-air festival in San Antonio...after seeing SRV on the same stage the previous night.

Both guys brought everything they had. But EJ commanded the crowd in a way Iíve never seen before or since. Both sets featured hit flowing into hit flowing into hit.

SRV got the crowd of drunks all fired up & rowdy. Towards the end, some were launching cups of beer at the stage. FULL cups.

But EJ? In front of a similarly boozed-up bunch, he was like Orpheus. Where SRVís crowd was barely controlled chaos, EJís was utterly mesmerized. Ever hear the sound of dozens of drunks shushing other drunks so they can hear the performer speak?

Total.
Crowd.
Control.

like cool

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

#2935054 - 06/28/18 08:44 AM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Here's what I find a bit odd abt this sort of thing.
Who has a permanent, all-time fave ?

Players change in their abilities & interests over time (in ways we hope would be improvements but are sometimes not).
Does yer opinion of a player not also change over time ?
I wonder abt any listener, esp musicians, whose interest in players doesn't change at times, either b/c of the player in question or the listener's own advancement or b/c one likes diff things in diff moods.

One also might like certain players in regard to their various abilities.
Jeff Beck, e.g., may not be the single best player in the world but his tremendous variations on note bending techniques makes him one of the most phenomenal players ever...& that's not even mentioning his other skills as a player or composer or the sheer excitement he generates in live performance.
As an example of another sort of progression, George Harrison has never been my fave player but his work in The Beatles showed real development. Early on he wasn't really that distinctive & during the period of his attempts to work in Indian music styles I'd say the same applied.
However, once he rolled off that & returned to rock gtr he played some really memorable stuff.
Further, when I saw him on his sole post-Beatles USA tour, his fretting hand dexterity & finger independence was extraordinary.
He consistently played chords over 4 or even 6 frets while moving his 2nd & 3rd fingers from fret to fret & string to string.
If that doesn't sound impressive try doing it to see how tough that actually is.

One final comment.
For those who still think of Hendrix in terms of his wild performances or psychedelic image, take some time to actually check some of his compositions [*].
The stylistic range & harmonic structure of his work, leaving aside the sonic innovations he pioneered, puts him in a completely diff area than most rock players.
While it's true he wasn't always the most precise player, he's easily a match for Zappa, The Beatles triumvirate (Lennon/Macca/Martin), James Brown, Miles Davis or Louis Armstrong in his musical inventiveness & expansion of popular music.
Dig. cool

---------------------
[*] Others might incl. "Are Y'Experienced" (the track); "3rd Stone"; his redesign of "All Along the Watchtower"; "Pali Gap" or the completely different studio version of "The Star Strangled Banner" on the the RAINBOW BRIDGE album.

#2935055 - 06/28/18 08:44 AM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
Very hard picks [pun intended]...I like them all.

We can all add to the list of just those 4 great guitarists. Like Danny's Eric Johnson and/or SRV for example. The most talented player I have witnessed on stage (once in the nose bleeds and the 2nd time in the 2nd row) was/is Tommy Emmanuel. I wish he was on the list... cool

#2935066 - 06/28/18 09:11 AM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: Larryz]
DocPate Offline
Gold Member

The purpose of the poll isn't to pick an all-time favorite. I was interested in the style of music that each of us enjoy the mist. Jimi represents early classic rock, Eric represents the British Blues/rock, Gilmour of course Classic rock, Doc Watson - Country, and Wes -jazz.

#2935071 - 06/28/18 09:21 AM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: DocPate]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Still I think ppl respond in terms of a fave.

#2935073 - 06/28/18 09:27 AM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: d]
Scott Fraser Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Players change in their abilities & interests over time (in ways we hope would be improvements but are sometimes not).
Does yer opinion of a player not also change over time ?
I wonder abt any listener, esp musicians, whose interest in players doesn't change at times, either b/c of the player in question or the listener's own advancement or b/c one likes diff things in diff moods.
One also might like certain players in regard to their various abilities.
Jeff Beck, e.g., may not be the single best player in the world but his tremendous variations on note bending techniques makes him one of the most phenomenal players ever...& that's not even mentioning his other skills as a player or composer or the sheer excitement he generates in live performance.
As an example of another sort of progression, George Harrison has never been my fave player but his work in The Beatles showed real development. Early on he wasn't really that distinctive & during the period of his attempts to work in Indian music styles I'd say the same applied.
However, once he rolled off that & returned to rock gtr he played some really memorable stuff.
Further, when I saw him on his sole post-Beatles USA tour, his fretting hand dexterity & finger independence was extraordinary.
He consistently played chords over 4 or even 6 frets while moving his 2nd & 3rd fingers from fret to fret & string to string.
If that doesn't sound impressive try doing it to see how tough that actually is.
One final comment.
For those who still think of Hendrix in terms of his wild performances or psychedelic image, take some time to actually check some of his compositions [*].
The stylistic range & harmonic structure of his work, leaving aside the sonic innovations he pioneered, puts him in a completely diff area than most rock players.
While it's true he wasn't always the most precise player, he's easily a match for Zappa, The Beatles triumvirate (Lennon/Macca/Martin), James Brown, Miles Davis or Louis Armstrong in his musical inventiveness & expansion of popular music.
Dig. cool

---------------------
[*] Others might incl. "Are Y'Experienced" (the track); "3rd Stone"; his redesign of "All Along the Watchtower"; "Pali Gap" or the completely different studio version of "The Star Strangled Banner" on the the RAINBOW BRIDGE album.

+1, all of this. And let's just acknowledge that Hendrix singlehandedly reinvented the electric guitar as an art form, as fundamentally as Parker & Coltrane did for saxophones.

#2935079 - 06/28/18 09:45 AM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: Scott Fraser]
Sharkman Offline
Gold Member

And why isn't Edward Van Halen on that list for us to choose from? Rock music for the entire Eighties decade was all about guitarists trying to imitate Eddie Van Halen.

#2935088 - 06/28/18 10:06 AM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: Sharkman]
DocPate Offline
Gold Member

Maybe I should have set up the poll with style names instead of guitarists.

My bad!

Read more: http://guitarplayersforum.boards.net/thread/500/guitarist-preference?page=1#ixzz5JjylQkmZ

#2935110 - 06/28/18 12:11 PM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: DocPate]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

@ Doc, the thread title led me in the direction of choosing guitarists. Guitar style by names/genres would probably bring different answers... cool

#2935115 - 06/28/18 12:31 PM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: Larryz]
DocPate Offline
Gold Member

#2935143 - 06/28/18 02:18 PM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: DocPate]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

These are the genres I like to play in even if they may be described differently in the poll: rock and roll, rockabilly, classic rock, classic country, outlaw country and jazzy tunes, for the most part... cool

Edited by Larryz (06/28/18 02:19 PM)

#2935228 - 06/29/18 04:59 AM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: d]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

One final comment.

Sadly, there ARE way too many people who over the years only heard the feedback, saw the playing with the teeth and the oddness of a black guy playing in a band backed by two WHITE guys and the HAIR-DOs who never really bothered to LISTEN to what Jimi was playing. His dexterous solo work; his obvious jazz influenced rhythm playing and his reconstruction/re-inventing of "traditional" blues runs.

BTW and IMHO-- You CAN'T listen to "Electric Ladyland" and walk away thinking he didn't know what he was doing, or either too, feel he wasn't all that "great".
Whitefang

#2935253 - 06/29/18 06:52 AM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: whitefang]
CEB Offline
10k Club

I didn't like Hendrix. I didn't really care for many Rock guys at all from that time period. The only guy on the Woodstock album I found interesting was the man from Ten Years After. I learned to appreciate Hendrix when I was around 40 years old and then it wasn't the hits. I dug the lesser known stuff like some of the songs off Axis and Lady Land. He did stuff that way surpassed the radio songs. When I was young I came from a Country and Bluegrass background. Dad played Country and called Square dances. The Country players from that time period were people like Leon Rhodes, Joe Maphis, Jerry Reed, James Burton, Merle Travis, Chet Atkins etc.... They played faster, cleaner, more articulate and with more chops than the Rock guys. It was Uncle Ted that eventually turned me in to a Rocker.

Edited by CEB (06/29/18 06:54 AM)

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!
So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

#2935254 - 06/29/18 06:56 AM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: CEB]
CEB Offline
10k Club

Edited by CEB (06/29/18 06:57 AM)

#2935304 - 06/29/18 11:27 AM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: DocPate]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Maybe I should have set up the poll with style names instead of guitarists. My bad!

"Never underestimate the ability to not understand." / Abbie Einstein

Oh & thanks for the Leon Rhodes clips, CEB !

#2935339 - 06/29/18 02:24 PM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: CEB]
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: CEB
The only guy on the Woodstock album I found interesting was the man from Ten Years After.

Alvin Lee was the guitar player for Ten Years After at Woodstock. I was there for that concert, I left before Ten Years After did their set, but I saw it in the movie a some years later.

#2935381 - 06/29/18 09:47 PM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: desertbluesman]
Scott Fraser Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: desertbluesman
The only guy on the Woodstock album I found interesting was the man from Ten Years After.

Alvin Lee was the guitar player for Ten Years After at Woodstock. I was there for that concert, I left before Ten Years After did their set, but I saw it in the movie a some years later.

Gotta say I never saw the point of Alvin Lee. His playing was fast, sloppy & meant nothing to me, had no emotional depth for me, nor even cerebral cleverness. Just my opinion, though.

#2935388 - 06/29/18 11:30 PM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: Scott Fraser]
Dannyalcatraz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Dallas/FW Metroplex, Texas
Quote:
For those who still think of Hendrix in terms of his wild performances or psychedelic image, take some time to actually check some of his compositions.

As someone who grew up as a Hendrix fan from the first time I heard him, I gained even more respect for him when I learned some of his songs- originals and covers.

My teacher was pointing out to me how Hendrix used different voicings of the same chord in this song or that instead of playing the same ones over again, even in repeated phrases.

That subtle thing changed the way I approach rhythm guitar.

Edited by Dannyalcatraz (06/29/18 11:30 PM)

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

#2935488 - 07/01/18 04:26 AM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: CEB]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

I didn't like Hendrix. I didn't really care for many Rock guys at all from that time period. The only guy on the Woodstock album I found interesting was the man from Ten Years After. I learned to appreciate Hendrix when I was around 40 years old and then it wasn't the hits. I dug the lesser known stuff like some of the songs off Axis and Lady Land. He did stuff that way surpassed the radio songs. When I was young I came from a Country and Bluegrass background. Dad played Country and called Square dances. The Country players from that time period were people like Leon Rhodes, Joe Maphis, Jerry Reed, James Burton, Merle Travis, Chet Atkins etc.... They played faster, cleaner, more articulate and with more chops than the Rock guys. It was Uncle Ted that eventually turned me in to a Rocker.

What amused me about that post was the statement, "...it wasn't the hits." in reference to Hendrix( and your eventual 40 year old appreciation). I'm not sure of your age, but Hendrix came along at a time when FM "underground" rock stations, which never concerned themselves with what the LABELS designated as preferred "singles"(or "hits") to get radio play, were competing for listenership with the long tenured AM "rock" stations, that gladly kow-towed to what record labels insisted on them playing. Another example...

I heard just about every track off of Cream's "Wheels Of Fire" LP BEFORE AM radio started overplaying "White Room". IT was the only track from it that WABX-FM in Detroit NEVER bothered playing. grin
Whitefang

#2935514 - 07/01/18 08:39 AM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: Scott Fraser]
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: Scott Fraser

Gotta say I never saw the point of Alvin Lee. His playing was fast, sloppy & meant nothing to me, had no emotional depth for me, nor even cerebral cleverness. Just my opinion, though.

He was a decent player back then, we liked him because he sounded different, not my favorite of course, but a decent player. He did play fast and sloppy cheers

#2935537 - 07/01/18 09:59 AM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: desertbluesman]
CEB Offline
10k Club

I liked him because he played fast. I was in 5th grade. In 1970 I was 6 years old. grin

Edited by CEB (07/01/18 10:00 AM)

#2935547 - 07/01/18 11:26 AM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: CEB]
DocPate Offline
Gold Member

I liked him because he played fast. I was in 5th grade. In 1970 I was 6 years old. grin

When I was 6 (1942) the fastest guitar player I knew was Gene Autry

😂

#2935627 - 07/01/18 07:25 PM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: DocPate]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

When I was 6 (1956) the fastest guitar player I knew was Scotty Moore...and I didn't even know his name LOL! I too remember Gene Autry and Roy Rogers as a couple of those singing cowboys in the old movies. They could play those acoustics and sing us a song while riding a horse...and they were pretty darn good too! Roy was part of and had the backing of the Sons of the Pioneers with Dale Evans singing harmony, so he had a little advantage over Gene LOL! snax

Edited by Larryz (07/01/18 07:27 PM)

#2935650 - 07/01/18 09:37 PM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: Larryz]
Scott Fraser Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

When I was 6 I wasn't really paying attention to music. When Woodstock came out (the only time I heard Alvin Lee & Ten Years After) I was 17 & people like Clapton & Hendrix were saying something far more meaningful to me than mere speed.

#2935682 - 07/02/18 03:54 AM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: Scott Fraser]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

Heh, when I was 6, I started becoming aware of guitar players like:
DUANE EDDY
CARL PERKINS

of course, even to a 6 year old kid in 1957 there weren't many(if any) who stuck out as "guitarists", as anybody who even STRUMMED a guitar was considered a "guitarist", wink

I'd first heard of Lee and Ten Years After when the drummer in the "basement band" I was in bought their self titled debut LP in '67. And not too long after just getting "hip" to Hendrix and Clapton. And too, not long before another buddy found the "Freak Out" LP by The Mothers Of Invention at some out of the way Downtown Detroit record shop. We all became instant Zappa fans then, even braving blizzard conditions to see the Mothers at Detroit's Ford Auditorium that December. Actually, I gave MY ticket to another friend as I came down with the flu. They told me there must have been about 40 people in the whole auditorium.

And I too, was already familiar with several blues guitarists by then. But, not the WHITE guy ones yet. wink
Whitefang

Edited by whitefang (07/02/18 04:00 AM)

#2935742 - 07/02/18 10:25 AM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: Scott Fraser]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: Scott Fraser

Fair enough---but chk this...

They took me down the grading station
And they classified me zed
'Cause of over population
They told me that I would soon be dead
But I slipped out of the force field
And hid beneath the monorail
But the automatic blood hounds
Lord, they're soon hot along my trail
Now if I had been a scholar
With computer working hard
Then my molecular structure
Would not be on the grader's card
So, I know that they will get me
Put my index in the brain

But, yeah, he could be heavy, here's a track that is a relentless juggernaut.......& may've idk been part of the source material for Hendrix's "Pali Gap".

#2939264 - 07/24/18 02:41 PM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: d]
hurricane hugo Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Badi Assad's been my fave guitarist for a long time now. smile

#2939282 - 07/24/18 04:23 PM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: hurricane hugo]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Here's one oft overlooked player mostly known for his work on the George Clinton funk teams...but capable of more, including some quite jazzy stuff.
As mentioned before I tend not to have a single hero but Hazel's an underappreciated player.

Chk out his remake of this John Phillips/Mamas & Papas classic which sorta does what Hendrix did to the Dyl's Watchtower, i.e., totally re-conceptualize it.

If y' think it might be too funky for you to dig the entire track, spot chk some sections:
The sly, controlled vibrato @ 0:09;
the echo/delay effect (actually played, I think) @ 0:31;
the hyper-speed lick under 0:45~47 & 0:58~1:02;
the spiraling, climbing/descending line @ 1:39~45.

The stutter-stepping tap dance inflected solo opening that starts @ 2:03;
another spiralling line @ 2:37 (can you say, "thematic content" ? grin );
the general way the multi-tracked lines throughout play off each other.

Her's what he did w/another rock classic,considerably more like the orig version & definitely showing a more rock-inflected style.
Gtr throughout but solos = 1:49~2:45; 3:06~end; of particular note may be the completely solo extemporization that starts at 9:00.

Finally here's an ex. that steps far outside the funk & rock for some gentle jazz balladry. Again note the use of multiple tracks, often in quite, uh, quiet background textures.
Gtr sections = 0:00~1:18 & 2:00~end.

#2940492 - 07/31/18 05:38 AM Re: Guitarist Preference [Re: d]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

Loc: The Great Spirit's Handprint o...
Masterpieces, by a master, to be sure. Note his homage to Hendrix' "All Along the Watchtower" worked into California Dreamin' ", as well. rawk cool twothumbs

Here's one oft overlooked player mostly known for his work on the George Clinton funk teams...but capable of more, including some quite jazzy stuff.
As mentioned before I tend not to have a single hero but Hazel's an underappreciated player.

Chk out his remake of this John Phillips/Mamas & Papas classic which sorta does what Hendrix did to the Dyl's Watchtower, i.e., totally re-conceptualize it.

If y' think it might be too funky for you to dig the entire track, spot chk some sections:
The sly, controlled vibrato @ 0:09;
the echo/delay effect (actually played, I think) @ 0:31;
the hyper-speed lick under 0:45~47 & 0:58~1:02;
the spiraling, climbing/descending line @ 1:39~45.

The stutter-stepping tap dance inflected solo opening that starts @ 2:03;
another spiralling line @ 2:37 (can you say, "thematic content" ? grin );
the general way the multi-tracked lines throughout play off each other.

Her's what he did w/another rock classic,considerably more like the orig version & definitely showing a more rock-inflected style.
Gtr throughout but solos = 1:49~2:45; 3:06~end; of particular note may be the completely solo extemporization that starts at 9:00.

Finally here's an ex. that steps far outside the funk & rock for some gentle jazz balladry. Again note the use of multiple tracks, often in quite, uh, quiet background textures.
Gtr sections = 0:00~1:18 & 2:00~end.

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose