Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wow. Roland Boutique units really are limited.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is my favorite sounding of the bunch. Very analog sounding even with only one osc. It also has a nice, easy to use sequencer which can be polyphonic. That is what I like most. I can sync the three together and build sequences. At one time I wanted the Doepfer Eurorack sequencer which was $1000 and no sound. For around the same price I get three SH-01's with sound and sequencer. The sequencer on the SH-01 is not as complex, but it can save 64 patterns. Because it is single osc multiple units running sequences does not turn to mud. I would recommend it as a first purchase for someone wanting to check out the Boutique line or to anyone who likes making sequences.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• 9 months later...

Sorry to necro this thread, but I have some pertinent information for people who own boutiques.

My one bit of reluctance to purchasing these was the lack of a 19" rack mount solution. I totally understand that it wastes a huge amount of vertical space, but I just really need things to be racked...table space is at a premium. So I held off.

But a few weeks ago, GC near me blew out their floor model SE-02 for an irresistible price. So I got it and then redoubled my efforts to find some mounting solution. It turns out that a seller on Reverb has been making a 3D printed rack adaptor for boutiques. I'm not doing to link to it because this review is not going to be that positive, but it's not his fault. You can find it easily on Reverb with search terms.

Anyway, it's a sturdy piece of gear...I bought a 1U Eurorack frame from him previously, and the quality was similarly good. It mounts the boutique to the left, and their is a shelf on the right that lets you hold whatever...batteries, a pack of smokes, or, for an SE-02, the EXT-Box. It has enough clearance for right angle cables on top, etc.

The problem for me is that it renders the knobs on the far left and right unusable on my SE-02. It's just the way it's built. It's obvious that this was designed prior to the SE-02's release, so I can't blame them for not anticipating it.

"For instance" is not proof.