Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you listening to right now?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got hip to The Seshen because I used to play with their regular drummer. Love the lead vocalist but the backing tracks are equally fascinating.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

I was just listening to my latest sort of remaster for un-digitalisation and acoustic pre-control (hard to sum up for exact scrutiny, very, very complicated setup):

csn_stud_s6.mp3

mp3 320kbps .8MB, for demo purposes (fair use claim, only 20 seconds)

The big computer that runs all these audio processing Linux plugin is put on my big audio system, which I listen to at 3,4 meters distance in a quite damped room, so this CD sounded like you can hear fro the phone .wav recording put into a mp3 afterwards. quite enjoyable.

TV

Bill Bruford's Seems Like A Lifetime Ago box set, with remixed or remastered versions of all the albums that his band Bruford released, plus an unreleased live set and a demo for a never-heard 4th studio album.

Sadly, only in my mind as yet - but it's on my birthday wish list. That band wrecked pop for me for years.

Got hip to The Seshen because I used to play with their regular drummer. Love the lead vocalist but the backing tracks are equally fascinating.

Great band.

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

• 3 weeks later...
New Chromeo today!

Also new project with Glasper, Terrace Martin and company.

[video:youtube]

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

Love this, and listen to it frequently. Both at the height of their powers, singing beautifully together. The old Flying Burrito Brothers song. Just sublime.

[video:youtube]

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Yellowjackets - Golden State (Coherence). Sounds much better after my post-processing, luckily. Almost (I'm working on it) to the point where the drum impress and sizzle, the bass goes from brutal to gentle, Mintzers little transgressions with respect to the " don't solo too much " only mildly make me think about the keyboard player taking harmonic poetic leadership, and especially: those synth lines and solos as well as the piano soar, weep, and laugh like there's no tomorrow. Now after I will have done delay compensation on a 160+ racks with software plugins, I'll have invent a few more overall mid frequency wobble points to match the complicated mix rules clearly present in all the good materials I play through my setup.

T

excellent, Linwood. Your old homie. :cool:

Bruce got a Tony award. :2thu:

I'm going to see him on Broadway in October. I was on a waiting list for 6 months to get tickets. No hurry to get to October, but really looking forward to this show.

:nopity:

More talented people in Jersey, my old home... than most know of.

Karl Richter - O Gott, Du Former Gott - BWV 767... composer not from Jersey... but one bad hombre.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement