Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Random Thoughts and One-Offs

We dont have a thread for the random items that arent worth their own thread, or are just quick ideas or thoughts you want to convey. We do now!

Just found this on Twitter:

Howard Jones - New Song improvisation Part 1

• Like 1

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

But then I realized that neither Joe nor Tom started the thread.
Joe who? :idk:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

It doesnt matter which way I insert a USB plug, it will be wrong on the first try.

Same here. Sideways, right side up. Always wrong on the 1st try. sometimes more so, with bad aim.

Even if there were minuscule directional symbols I would ignore that

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

A polygamnist has multiple wives (or husbands). Is one who marries Siamese twins a paragamist?

Just asking.

Is marrying Siamese twins a really good idea or a really bad idea?

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

It doesnt matter which way I insert a USB plug, it will be wrong on the first try.

Same here. Sideways, right side up. Always wrong on the 1st try. sometimes more so, with bad aim.

Even if there were minuscule directional symbols I would ignore that

I thought it was just me and I was super unlucky! Glad to know there are others just as unlucky as me! whew!

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

The earth is obviously round - if it was flat, the cats would have knocked everything off of it by now.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

From the king of random thoughts, George Carlin:

The reason I talk to myself is because Im the only one whose answers I accept.

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

Some people see things that are and ask, Why?

Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not?

Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that.

I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass grows through a crack in the concrete. It's so f*ckin' heroic.

Meow means woof in cat.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where's the self-help section?' She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

Some people see the glass half full. Others see it half empty. I see a glass that's twice as big as it needs to be.

I had the bad luck to be driving on the freeway today and it was a cluster(bleep) of people who reminded me of this.

"Mother thrived. Promotions, raises, all manner of good fortune came her way, seemingly without any effort on her part at all. She was, in fact, protected by the ancient, nameless force that weaves itself around the destinies of but a few. Those few being the truly, stultifyingly f**k-stupid. If Mother stumbled in the street, it would be on a bar of gold. Whoever walked behind her would be decapitated by a crashing aircraft in her stead. She truly walked between the raindrops. All near her- from the crippled orphan to the saintly brain surgeon- were showered in lumps of toxic excrement. That one happened."

~ Garth Ennis, "The Boys"

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

Does anyone else ever play The Tennessee Waltz? Its a song about how you're on a date, run into a friend, the friend dances with your date, steals your date out from under you.

I was dancin' with my darlin to the Tennessee Waltz

When an old friend I happened to see.

I introduced him to my darlin' and while they were dancin'

My friend stole my sweetheart from me.

I remember the night and the Tennessee Waltz

Now I know just how much I have lost

Yes, I lost my little darlin' the night they were playin'

That beautiful Tennessee Waltz

What I want to know is if the name of this song about the incident is The Tennessee Waltz, yet they were dancing to The Tennessee Waltz in the song, how did that song go?

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Anyone want to gift me an OB-6? I'll accept a module.

Let's make a deal: if a win a (big) lottery, i'll send you mine.

OK, i have to convince myself to buy the lottery ticket :-< ..

Maurizio

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

• 1 month later...

On Saturday, my fairly new Rode M1 microphone just failed to work. Never been dropped, not a mark on it, pop screens since I bought it.

Ive never had a mic do this before. Anyone?