Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2931981 - 06/09/18 07:48 AM OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore
Winston Psmith Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Inside the Beltway
My wife has an iPhone 5s, that she uses extensively for her catering business: phone calls, texts, photos, email, internet, and what-have-you. The other day, it finally died of exhaustion, which is a real issue for her work.

I, OTOH, have a truly beat-to-hell iPhone 4, that still functions, barely - screen flickers, Voice Control comes on at random (even if I'm nowhere near the phone), other weirdness - but since I really only tend to use it as a phone, I don't need a lot of features and connectivity. It's time is coming, however, and there's no support for either of our old phones, at this point, so . . .

We went to the Apple store, to check out the price of new iPhones. Cheapest & best options, for both our uses, would have wound up at right around $1200. "No, thanks," doesn't begin to address my response.

Keep in mind, this is purely about the phones themselves, nothing to do with the service provider, or the monthly bill: $1200 for one bottom-feeder phone (SE) for me, and one slightly better model (6s) for my wife. Sadly, she depends on the Apple world, and all the connections, for her work: I just need a phone, so at these prices, I'm out, period.

Anybody have a favorite burner phone to recommend, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks for listening/reading . . .

http://www.novparolo.com

GP Island
#2932028 - 06/09/18 12:05 PM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: Winston Psmith]
Dannyalcatraz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Dallas/FW Metroplex, Texas
I may be going through this myself. My 6 has a loose jack.

Further, my iPad recently decided to experiment with random, unexpected restarts.

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

#2932053 - 06/09/18 04:45 PM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: Dannyalcatraz]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
+1 Winston, I pretty much just need a phone and am not really familiar with smart phones all that much. I don't need all the whistles and bells. The wife and I are looking at phones via the Tmobile 55+ Plan. They have an Apple iPhone 6s for $360. I'm not really an Apple kind of guy so I'm looking at the Mororola 2nd Gen Moto Z for $375. +1 I can't see paying $1,200 for a phone! cool

#2932054 - 06/09/18 04:50 PM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: Dannyalcatraz]
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Near Phoenix Az
I paid thirteen hundred and some bucks on our 2 I Phone 6S's almost three years ago. Verizon threw in a Verizon house line phone which acts like a land line. It has a gizmo that reads the data from the cell phone network but the phone is just plugged into that gizmo like a regular land line phone does. I pay an extra $20 a month for the service for the house line, but I got the gizmo free as well as a case and screen protector for each i-phone. I pay $106 and change every month for two cell phone lines, a few gigs of data, and the house line.
Harvey Cedars is my stage name on Soundclick

#2932055 - 06/09/18 04:54 PM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: Winston Psmith]
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: Winston Psmith

Anybody have a favorite burner phone to recommend, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks for listening/reading . . .

You might want to go to your cell phone provider and look at phones through them. I saved a few hundred dollars for the two i-phones I mentioned above buying through Verizon over Sam's Club and the Apple Store.

#2932108 - 06/10/18 08:00 AM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: Larryz]
Winston Psmith Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Thanks, everyone, for responding. I know, this is an Old-guy 1st World problem, to be sure.

@Dannyalcatraz- Wait until it starts texting your contacts at 2AM, without you even touching the thing. Mine started calling & texting people at random, even trying to link up via Facetime (something I never use?). It's really like having a machine with a form of senile dementia; it mostly works, but when it decides to do something weird, it goes full weird. My wife's phone, OTOH, is in a sort of Persistent Vegetative State, at best. Plugged into a power cable, the Apple start-up screen will flash on occasion, but that's all, folks . . .

@Larryz - It was $550+/- for the 6s with some amount of data, and $350 for the SE, but we both need serious protective cases and screen covers: my wife also pays for "Apple care", which is basically two years of whatever-happens-we'll-fix-it insurance: all told, right about $1200. My wife is totally connected to the Apple universe, for her work. If a catering client asks about 150 folding chairs for an event, my wife can look up equipment rental sites, find pix of folding chairs, and send the links to her client, all from her phone. She really uses it as a small, portable computer, which it is.

@DBM - We were looking at one 6s, and one SE, with coverage and cases.

When we last upgraded our phones and renewed our phone contracts, a few years back, my wife got some discount on her new phone, and I got the iPhone 4 for free. Right now, the only deal from our service provider requires you to sign up for Direct TV, or some such; no, thanks.

#2932124 - 06/10/18 10:08 AM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: Winston Psmith]
Scott Fraser Online   content
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Los Angeles
My plan is with Verizon, & every 3 or 4 years they seem to want to move me sideways into another newer, but still entry level iPhone. Maybe I paid $75 or so to go from a 4 to a 4S, then to an SE. I write it all off as a business expense anyway, but I certainly don't keep up with the latest model & I certainly won't pay $1000 for a phone.

#2932132 - 06/10/18 11:06 AM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: Scott Fraser]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Sorry Winston, I read the OP wrong as I thought you had paid $1,200 for one phone. $1,200 for two phones with cases and some insurance doesn't sound too bad. The wife and I are looking and deciding. The Apple store does have some free classes which might be interesting as I am definitely in the Old Guy 1st World zone LOL! I can usually hack my way through the things I need and not worry about the rest. But, I know there is a lot of things I can do if I ever decide to put a phone to good use...

One of the things I'm looking at is getting rid of my ATT landline and internet modem. Tmobile has a plan where you can pay a little extra and use your cell phone as your internet modem. Putting it on both phones allows each of us the freedom to leave the house and the other one to still use the laptop at home. Plus we can take the lap top with us wherever we go. Cost is about the same as we are paying for a landline and internet. We went with Dish instead of bundling the TV with ATT which I think was a very good decision as I can quit ATT and still have TV...

Anyway, thanks for the info as it's a timely topic! cool

#2932143 - 06/10/18 12:37 PM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: Larryz]
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I have been thinking about getting an unlimited Verizon data plan, and with that I get a mobile hot spot. Once they make 4G unlimited in download before they set it back to 3 G which they do after some few gigs of data. I will be able to get the unlimited plan for about the same cost as my present Verizon hundred six dollar plus bill and my 40 buck plus a month Cox Cable internet hookup. The only thing stopping me is they turn down the 4G download speed to 600 kilobytes per second after 15 gigs/month of usage (not good enough for Netflix or Prime video streaming) I do about 40 gigs a month on line with 2 I-Pads watching Netflix and Prime and 2 computers going on line every day as well. Once they lift that restriction I am pulling the trigger.

#2932152 - 06/10/18 02:25 PM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: desertbluesman]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
Takin' option 2...oh, & abt the actual phones as well.

#2932187 - 06/11/18 04:25 AM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: d]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
I'm still using the LG "flip" phone I've had for about a decade now. But barely use it. I keep forgetting to carry it with me whenever I go anywhere. And anyway, I only use a cell phone for making and getting phone calls anyway, so the $15 monthly I pay Consumer Cellular is sufficient. It's like I always say.....

I don't text, "tweet", "snapchat", "Instagram", video stream, surf the web, watch TV or movies or take videos, and prefer to have conversations ON my phone, not WITH it! wink
Whitefang

#2932219 - 06/11/18 06:52 AM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: whitefang]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

My wife still has a flip phone and gets embarrassed when she brings it out in public. So, we're buying new phones. The old flip phones still work (even better than the new ones LOL!) and do not break down. I use a modern looking phone but it's not smart! I pay by the minute and $25 bucks worth lasts me at least 3 months as I only use it as a message phone and do not talk much on it.

I do take it everywhere I go when I leave the house as it can come in very handy if you have an emergency out on the road. Times are changing and smart phones will be taking over at airports, cash registers, info, GPS, Computers, email, etc. I don't use facebook, twitter, snap chat, etc., and may text now and then but that's about it.

Anyway, I'm starting to come into the new world. Now looking at a Samsung Galaxy S9 for $720 and you get the second one free, so about $360 each... cool

#2932257 - 06/11/18 09:39 AM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: Larryz]
J. Dan Offline
Bannination Free Since '08
10k Club

Loc: St. Louis, MO
My ex-wife was looking at options recently when my daughter's phone died. I wanna say AT&T had a buy one get one free option for the iPhone 8. May want to look at that.

That said, she ended up getting her a used iPhone 6 for something like $150. You may want to check the used market.

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

#2932258 - 06/11/18 09:40 AM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: Larryz]
Dannyalcatraz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I don’t particularly like smart phones, but they’ve proven themselves too useful to me in what I do that, despite my preferences, I don’t forseee myself returning to simpler, cheaper tech.

However, I’m also not in any hurry to get the latest and greatest, either.

#2932290 - 06/11/18 12:24 PM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: Dannyalcatraz]
J. Dan Offline
Bannination Free Since '08
10k Club

Loc: St. Louis, MO
And by the way, the only reason my daughter's iPhone 5c died was because she leaned over to pet the cat, and dropped it in the water bowl. Rice didn't save it. The only reason my iPhone 5s died was because I dropped it. However, the limitation both of us were running into was memory limitations. So my suggestion if it's not a big price difference is to lean towards more memory if it's an option.

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

#2932331 - 06/11/18 05:40 PM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: J. Dan]
Bluesape Moderator Offline
10k Club

Loc: Ottawa
My 5S works fine for the most part. When it gets glitchy, a re- start usually sorts it out.

#2932355 - 06/12/18 04:29 AM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: Bluesape]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

Don't know WHY your wife would be embarrassed Larry. Personally, I'D be more embarrassed being a "nosediver", which is what I call most people using "smartphones". wink

And, whaddya mean they WILL be taking over? They already HAVE! mad

Can't go ANYWHERE without seeing idiots "Nosediving" into those damned things!

Used to be able to go to a restaurant and see people sitting at tables TALKING to each other. NOW, one doesn't probably know(or CARE) that there's someone sitting RIGHT ACROSS from them! crazy
Whitefang

#2932387 - 06/12/18 07:20 AM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: whitefang]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

You're a movie buff, so go back and look at some of the 1st cell phones and laugh. They look like WWII walkie talkies...the wife just doesn't want to look out of place in the world so we are making the change. I have a cheapie that looks like a smart phone so I blend. If you think smart phones have already taken over, you haven't seen anything yet LOL!

+1,000 on your "Nosediver" concepts. It is totally rude to go out to dinner with me and start talking or texting on a phone. I think they should put them on vibrate and take the call if it's an emergency. But find a new lunch partner as I'm not interested in being ignored. Pretend you're at the movies for an hour. I've seen people that couldn't walk from the parking lot to the restaurant without looking at their phones. I'm surprised they don't get run over! The biggest losers are the ones talking and texting while driving and causing accidents that do not need to happen...IMHO. cool

Edited by Larryz (06/12/18 07:21 AM)

#2932389 - 06/12/18 07:34 AM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: whitefang]
p90jr Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

The computers that took astronauts to the moon cost millions. One iPhone is much more powerful as a computer than those giant room-filling bohemoths... $600 is a bargain, though not everybody needs one... I don't know if the service providers offer anything else, though... they'd prefer you pay for a smart phone. My wife has sometimes opted for other smart phones but they were problematic... she came back pretty soon to iPhones.

I have never paid more than $200, up front, for a new iPhone. Through the service providers... that's the upfront thing to get the phone and then the rest is spread out through the monthly bill in the contract. BTW, that monthly charge is still in the bill in most service contracts whether you get a new phone or not... like mass financing.

In fact, the last couple of time, since I traded in phones when they were 2 years old, I managed to get more back than I had paid to get the phone, so the new one was "free," as far as the upfront charge.

I will get a new battery for my 6 plus (at the discounted rate they're offering them for people with certain phones... $29, I think) but probably trade it in.

We switched to T-Mobile to save on the monthly bills... and there's a trade-off. The phones don't have a signal in my house (a blank spot for any provider I've had, though I'm in the middle of my town) without using the wifi... and there's a lot of places where they don't have coverage... like my in-laws, who also have spotty internet service in their small town, so going there on a holiday break is truly removing myself from the techno rat race!

At this point my iPhone controls the security system for my house and the garage door opener. It reads the test strips for the pool and tells me what chemicals to add and how much (I would pay $1000 JUST for this, after struggling to keep the pool balanced for years). I play electric guitar through it on trips. It's my constant music streamer in the car. It's my banking interface and where I deposit checks. It's my camera and video camera. I do a lot of shopping and order food and groceries on it (and someone delivers it). It's my GPS. I plug a device into a port on my cars and it communicates with the computers to tell me whether something needs to be serviced. It gives me French, Spanish and Italian lessons when I'm bored. I watch concerts on it in bed as I fall asleep. I use it to summon a car to pick me up so I can have a few beers or drinks at dinner or a show and not have to unnecessarily risk driving when I might be impaired (my cities DUI roadblock cottage industry was shut down pretty quickly when the ride-sharing app companies came to town... we had only a few cabs and the one time I took a 4-mile trip it was $28 and the guy huffed and sped off when I only tipped $10).

I could live without it tomorrow... but it is pretty neat all of the things it has eliminated, as far as what I have to carry and what I need to bother with doing...

I bought the older MacBook Pro I'm typing this on (which replaced one from a year when a component was a dud and it was loaded with problems) used, along with an older iPad I mainly use for lyrics on cover gigs. You can save a few bucks if you opt for last year's model.

And Apple's business relies on you getting a new one every couple of years. and as it is that's softening... inevitably - and despite things they do to make sure the phones become obsolete at some point - things become longer-lasting, and people discover how to fix them and upgrade them.

#2932390 - 06/12/18 07:36 AM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: whitefang]
p90jr Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: whitefang
Don't know WHY your wife would be embarrassed Larry. Personally, I'D be more embarrassed being a "nosediver", which is what I call most people using "smartphones". wink

And, whaddya mean they WILL be taking over? They already HAVE! mad

Can't go ANYWHERE without seeing idiots "Nosediving" into those damned things!

Used to be able to go to a restaurant and see people sitting at tables TALKING to each other. NOW, one doesn't probably know(or CARE) that there's someone sitting RIGHT ACROSS from them! crazy
Whitefang

They are shaping human behavior... kids, especially, are not socialization-oriented in "meatspace (what they call "real actual life")."

#2932404 - 06/12/18 09:09 AM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: p90jr]
Winston Psmith Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

@p90jr - If I were using all of most of the capacity of the iPhone, the way you do, or the way my wife does, I would see more of the value in my having one. Before I got the free iPhone, I had an LG flip-phone, too; it was fine for just making calls. It's still in a drawer, somewhere, and it still powers up.

We were getting the 'free upgrade phone' deal for a while, but no more, it seems? The Samsung deal wouldn't work for my wife, as all of her computer work in is the Apple universe: I have no idea what it would take to covert all of her software, apps, etc., for a new OS. Probably not worth the effort nor expense.

As it is, my wife opted to get two new iPhones, and we're getting some small kickback from our service provider. June is a busy month for catering - weddings, graduations, outdoor parties - so she couldn't afford to be without hers. I got the bottom-feeder model, which is essentially a re-packaged iPhone 5s, now called the SE?

As for the 'nosedivers', I see them at every event, every concert, even Art galleries. I guess they don't know where they've been or what they've done until they check the video? It's one thing to take a picture of the event, I get that, but I see people watching an entire concert through the lens of their phone camera? If you want some comedy relief, there are plenty of videos of nosedivers walking into walls, ponds, oncoming traffic and such to assure me that most of them won't live to be as old as most of us in here. Sadly, that strikes me as a good thing . . .

#2932405 - 06/12/18 09:14 AM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: Winston Psmith]
Marzzz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Yeah, the phones are more expensive because they are no longer subsidized by the provider contract. BUT, my current contract costs me $65/mo with unlimited data, while my old unlimited contract was pushing $100/mo. That's a $700-800 savings over two years, so it does work out.

#2932420 - 06/12/18 10:25 AM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: Winston Psmith]
p90jr Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: Winston Psmith
@p90jr - If I were using all of most of the capacity of the iPhone, the way you do, or the way my wife does, I would see more of the value in my having one. Before I got the free iPhone, I had an LG flip-phone, too; it was fine for just making calls. It's still in a drawer, somewhere, and it still powers up.

We were getting the 'free upgrade phone' deal for a while, but no more, it seems? The Samsung deal wouldn't work for my wife, as all of her computer work in is the Apple universe: I have no idea what it would take to covert all of her software, apps, etc., for a new OS. Probably not worth the effort nor expense.

As it is, my wife opted to get two new iPhones, and we're getting some small kickback from our service provider. June is a busy month for catering - weddings, graduations, outdoor parties - so she couldn't afford to be without hers. I got the bottom-feeder model, which is essentially a re-packaged iPhone 5s, now called the SE?

As for the 'nosedivers', I see them at every event, every concert, even Art galleries. I guess they don't know where they've been or what they've done until they check the video? It's one thing to take a picture of the event, I get that, but I see people watching an entire concert through the lens of their phone camera? If you want some comedy relief, there are plenty of videos of nosedivers walking into walls, ponds, oncoming traffic and such to assure me that most of them won't live to be as old as most of us in here. Sadly, that strikes me as a good thing . . .

Oh, yeah... I get you, man!

One of my bosses here (who passed away a couple of years ago) refused to get a cell phone at all! Drove his bosses crazy... "I check my messages regularly."

#2932437 - 06/12/18 11:51 AM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: p90jr]
zeronyne Offline
I still exist
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Chicago/NW Indiana
I totally understand everyone's dismay at the price of iPhones. It feels like something that should not cost so much.

But in reality, there is nothing I own that has a much value in terms of use per dollar. I'm on my phone more than I watch television and use my laptop and drive my car and play my Playstation/Xbox combined. And for something so flimsy that people don't treat with kid gloves, it's amazing that they last over 6 months regardless of cost.

#2932520 - 06/13/18 04:59 AM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: p90jr]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

laugh
"Meatspace". Cute.

@Larry: Sure. The first cell type phone I ever saw( and most of us probably) was in a scene of WALL STREET('87) when Michael Douglas was walking in that park and talking into that "brick"( the eventual nickname for that device). grin

About the rudeness of texting while in the company of others:

I remember talking to a nephew about comic PAULA POUNDSTONE's joking that ..."Texting would be ingenious if the phone hadn't already been invented!" wink ); and how it didn't seem to me that texting took less time or was more efficient than just simply TALKING to someone. HE argued (or tried to) that he thought it was rude to have someone answer the phone and start talking to that person when in the middle of a conversation with you, but it took him a while to finish his statement due to him pausing to answer "vibration" notices and reply to a steady parade of texts! laugh

Less rude indeed! facepalm
Whitefang

Edited by whitefang (06/13/18 05:01 AM)

#2932559 - 06/13/18 08:07 AM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: whitefang]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

At least on "vibrate" everyone in the place doesn't have to hear his ringtones and text tones every time he gets a buzz! And if he had any couth, he would answer both of them later instead of while trying to have a conversation. A nice feature even with my cheapie phone, is being able to put telemarketers on a block list and avoid some of their future calls... cool

#2932567 - 06/13/18 08:37 AM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: Larryz]
Dannyalcatraz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Less rude indeed! facepalm

roll

Edited by Dannyalcatraz (06/13/18 08:37 AM)

#2932581 - 06/13/18 10:23 AM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: Dannyalcatraz]
p90jr Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I do think it's funny that with the advent of text messaging 90% of the cell phone using public stopped making or taking phone calls. Me, included... I answer calls from my wife and family members, but I no longer stop whatever I'm doing (and it drives my wife crazy that I don't answer calls while driving if the phone has to be dug out of my pocket) to answer calls... I have one friend/bandmate who hasn't made the mental change... he will call and call and his messages are "call me." I told him to text me, so he texts "call me." When I call him.... it's never anything that important, so I don't call him unless I have 20 minutes to waste of idle chit-chat, which I rarely have.

Which brings me to something from the incredible book "The 4 hour Workweek." Paraphrasing from memory:

"In general, in this life, there are few emergencies... there's just 'emergency
people' who thrive on frenzy and chaos, and invite and create those situations on a daily basis. You're better off not employing them, working with them, or having them know your direct number. The real term for 'work emergency' is 'I forgot to properly plan something or do what I was supposed to... so everybody else get frenzied and get me out of this... and next time, too.'"

In personal matters, the news of an accident or death of a family member used to get great care in how it would be transmitted to people with consideration of what duties they had to perform or how it would affect them. Now it's just instantaneously and recklessly sent, with no thought that "they might be driving in heavy traffic and the sudden grief might distract and endanger them" or it just may not be the time lay things on people. Also... there was a case here on July 4 where a couple with a baby were drunk on a boat on a river when someone called to tell them that the woman's sister had been in an auto accident... so they sped to shore, jumped in the guy's truck and he drove 100mph down roads and the interstate speeding to the hospital... he was passing traffic on the left shoulder of the interstate when he hit a section where it elevated and the shoulder ended... the truck hit the barrier and flipped, falling off the interstate into a parking lot below (and onto other cars). He was killed, the woman was seriously injured, the baby luckily only suffered minor injuries. Now, this guy wasn't a surgeon... I don't know why he "just had to" rush like that to the hospital... by the way, the sister was okay, she just broke an arm in her accident.

And speaking of rude, I can't stand when someone is in a restaurant or store carrying on a loud (why are they always practically screaming?) casual conversation on their cell phones...

#2932594 - 06/13/18 11:30 AM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: p90jr]
surfergirl Offline

Loc: Waialua, Hi
I take the bus to Honolulu (2 hours each way) and I've seen people on the phone the whole way. I have very good hearing and I can't hear someone while I'm on the bus. I'm in Honolulu now, where it is against the law to use a phone while crossing the street.

#2932693 - 06/14/18 04:32 AM Re: OT rant: death of iPhone. Feel free to ignore [Re: surfergirl]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

Did'ja know in LONDON, England, they installed PADDING around the utility poles and sign posts because people, paying more attention to their phones instead of where they were going, kept walking INTO them and getting hurt? grin

And people walking into traffic is somewhat of a problem too. rolleyes
Whitefang

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose