Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2933340 - 06/18/18 04:01 AM Re: Help me psych myself out -- how to play "lightly" [Re: Larryz]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
laugh
An ad in the local PAPER? Does ANYBODY read those(or even PRINT them) anymore? smile

Yeah, sorry....only funnin' And that's not that bad of an idea. And a few (not all though) music stores in my immediate area have those BULLETIN BOARDS at the front door, like the many local ACE and other hardware(and some supermarkets) do that too, might have an ad already up that has what and who you're looking for, or leave your own ad up there. smile
Whitefang

GP Island
#2933377 - 06/18/18 08:01 AM Re: Help me psych myself out -- how to play "lightly" [Re: whitefang]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
Yeah, there are some little local free papers in local communities that get spread around town for free in our area. They run estate sales, garage sales, used stuff, just about everything you could imagine like horses, real estate, lawn mowers, personals, etc. I sold a couple of my houses just running a free ad in this local little paper...there are even more than just one such paper in our area. You can find ads on-line like Craigs list too...but, some people do not want that much action or trust using the on-line ads due to the weirdos out there... cool

#2933523 - 06/19/18 04:19 AM Re: Help me psych myself out -- how to play "lightly" [Re: Larryz]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
Oh, yeah... I see those "specialized" kind of publications( "Auto Trader", "Home Buyer" and a couple of others) in racks in the vestibules of some local eateries 'round here (and some take-out joints). But the one "free" local paper 'round here went by the wayside MANY moons ago, and many guys my age found their FIRST CARS and/or apartments, and often their part-time after school JOBS in that paper's "want ads". wink But LARRY---

A "couple of my houses"? I had NO IDEA you were a "SLUMLORD"! wink
Whitefang

#2933539 - 06/19/18 06:09 AM Re: Help me psych myself out -- how to play "lightly" [Re: whitefang]
jimmac Offline

Loc: Jackson, Michigan
Slum lording can be good. I been doing it since about 1977 as my weekend job. Sometimes a headache but after 30 years or so you own a few houses someone else paid for with their rent. Jim

#2933549 - 06/19/18 06:39 AM Re: Help me psych myself out -- how to play "lightly" [Re: jimmac]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
Nope, I'm not a slumlord, just wanted to move a few times. There are actually 4 houses that I have purchased over the last 44 years. Two of which I sold through that little free paper that comes out once a week every Friday called The Gold Panner.

#2933703 - 06/19/18 05:19 PM Re: Help me psych myself out -- how to play "lightly" [Re: Larryz]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
Don't know abt every community but there are many towns w/entertainment oriented periodicals that publicize events as well as serve as interpersonal communication connections.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose