Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

I barely knew what I was doing, and managed to open up the keyboard, remove the old floppy drive, and install the floppy disk emulator; then I managed to make it work...!

"The best part about making something work is knowing that you had no idea what you were doing." ~ Markyboard

True story.

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

I barely knew what I was doing, and managed to open up the keyboard, remove the old floppy drive, and install the floppy disk emulator; then I managed to make it work...!

"The best part about making something work is knowing that you had no idea what you were doing." ~ Markyboard

True story.

~ vonnor

Wow, I don't remember stating that brilliant sentiment so eloquently, but I'll take it. :laugh:

While I'm here just ordered a couple of these:

ET620N13-Z.JPG

Exciting, isn't it?

• 2 months later...
2-tier Stay Tower model. I really like it. Quick setup/teardown, compact, great bang for the buck.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

crumar 7

This will be interesting. I'm very close to ordering one, mainly just concerned about the acoustic piano. Doesn't have to be a CP4-killer, just has to feel responsive and sound good enough for band work.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Crumar Seven. Arrives today from Kraft Music. Got tired of waiting for Sweetwater to get more in. Hope the wait was worth it.
Legend Exp,NC2x,Crumar Seven,KeyB Duo MK111,Nord C1,Nord C2D,Triton Classic,Fantom G7,Motif ES,SonicCell,BK7m,PA1x pro,VP770,TC Helicon,Leslie 3300,MS Pro145,EV SXA250(2),Traynor K4,PK7a,A70,DM10 Pro.

Just got confirmation that my Radial Key Largo is out for delivery on the Fed Ex truck this morning.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Just got confirmation that my Radial Key Largo is out for delivery on the Fed Ex truck this morning.

Jake

Received mine 2 weeks ago. I've only been able to test it in my studio, but wow what a difference! I think it was Chuck who said it sounds like someone took a blanket off the speakers.

Very much well worth the price.

Jake

Received mine 2 weeks ago. I've only been able to test it in my studio, but wow what a difference! I think it was Chuck who said it sounds like someone took a blanket off the speakers.

Very much well worth the price.

Just unpackaged it. Wow, what a solid piece of gear. After performing some mandatory chores (food shopping with the CFO ) the entire neighborhood will be the beneficiary of my open garage door testing policy........

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

My Seven just arrived. Waiting for my heart rate to slow down before I open it. At least no sign of damage to the box (it IS UPS). Need to make some space for it in my studio (I fully intend to be buried with all my stuff).
Legend Exp,NC2x,Crumar Seven,KeyB Duo MK111,Nord C1,Nord C2D,Triton Classic,Fantom G7,Motif ES,SonicCell,BK7m,PA1x pro,VP770,TC Helicon,Leslie 3300,MS Pro145,EV SXA250(2),Traynor K4,PK7a,A70,DM10 Pro.

What are your thoughts on [Novation Peak]? I've seriously been considering one. Need to sell my Nord Leads first.

So far, I am really liking it- for me it is an ideal set-up; 8-voices, three OSC with waveforms (need more waveforms), no aliasing despite the digital oscillators, desktop module format, love that the EG's are sliders, multi-mode filters which sound nice, but can be aggressive, very wide range of sounds available, fairly extensive modulation matrix, RESPONDS TO POLYAFTERTOUCH!!!, effects sound excellent and very useful, well-contracted with sturdy knobs, and the new bonus that it can be used as a knobby controller for Omnisphere 2.5 (coming out later this month?).

I am still just scratching the surface, but I am getting some pretty wonderful poly synth tones out of it, including Roland-ish stuff. Has powerful bass, and sounds decent mono. I think the DSI OB-6 exceeds it in pure analog tone, but the Peak is way more versatile. I am surprised it is not mentioned around here.

Shes a beauty! Enjoy. Joe

Yup. You just can't have too many Leslie 145's. :)

This one took a ton of work. Wes was great with it. It works now but man it took a lot of money all said and done. This is the 9th 145 I have had and one of the worst to work on.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Today I pulled the trigger on a NE6D from Sweetwater. It's replacing a laptop with Gig Performer, Kontakt/Komplete 11U and a KKS49Mk2 for stage use. Will midi up with the SL88 for larger stages than the cramped 3 piece corner stage for a 5 piece band, and solo for those very stages. I'm done with computers on stage.

Kurzweil PC4, NS3-88, Kronos 2-61, QSC K8.2's.