Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Vox Keyboard Amp!

To B3

Small and light never works for live use, amp or powered speaker, unless it's just being used as a stage monitor.

This is a nice little amp, but I don't see it being useful outside of the practice room in which case I'll just as soon use a cheap 8" powered speaker.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

unless it's just being used as a stage monitor.

Yeah but sometimes that's exactly the right tool, no more no less.

I don't think it's any great mystery what this amp cannot do. How much more discussion is needed about that?

Not saying this is a great product . . . who knows . . . just saying it appears to be aiming at a niche that's useful to some people some of the time.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

• 1 year later...
And do we remember what the AC power consumption was for a tube amp delivering 100W RMS ?

My Fender Dual Showman Reverb Amp took 400W !!!

And here,- 50W and an external PSU 19V DC.

That�s piss take IMO.

Well, one of the big features of the nutube is supposed to be lower power consumption compared to traditional tube design. But bigger difference is probably that the Fender used tubes for amplification, where this is solid state (the tube is essentially for the preamp).

What seems funny to me is that it's $20 cheaper than the Ibanez Nutube screamer, which is basically just the nutube part in a pedal! Though the pedal does give you bypass and some other controls which the amp does not.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Zombies! :chainsaw:

;)

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Probably a better PigNose for mono-synth noodeling until it melts the voicecoil.

The warranty is limited to "The First Seven Days" !

:D

A.C.

Al Coda, it took me a year and a half and a zombie thread, but I just got the reference/joke. ð

Probably a better PigNose for mono-synth noodeling until it melts the voicecoil.

The warranty is limited to "The First Seven Days" !

A.C.

Al Coda, it took me a year and a half and a zombie thread, but I just got the reference/joke. ð

:2thu:

You win,- while others ponder still !

A.C.

I have one of these. The sound quality to weight ratio makes it a great amp to take to small ensemble rehearsals, or as a stage monitor if stage volumes aren't obnoxious. Probably not too useful in any rock band context. It's also easy on the eyes. I keep mine in my living room where my other amps would be unsightly.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

If the sound quality is good enough, it sounds like it could be be a nice lightweight add-on for doing solo piano work for a wedding ceremony or cocktail hour, if your keyboard doesn't have speakers or if its speakers may not be loud enough by themselves. I wonder about putting acoustic piano through the nutube, though.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)