Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2928958 - 05/24/18 04:37 AM 13 note bass pedals and Genos.
Demile Offline

Loc: UK Warwickshire
New Genos and want to add my Bass pedals. Proving difficult midiwise. Help would be most welcome

Kindest regards.

BP Island
#2929245 - 05/25/18 08:59 AM Re: 13 note bass pedals and Genos. [Re: Demile]
Danzilla Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Baltimore, MD
To translate - do you mean that you have a new Yamaha Genos workstation/keyboard, and you want to add bass peals (similar to a Roland PK/Moog Taurus) to your rig, via MIDI? Or do you want to run the keyboard through bass effect pedals (overdrive/chorus/envelope filter/etc.)? I'm thinking the first is your intention.

Took a little research into what a Genos was. Sorry that I'm not any help, as I am not a (good) keyboard player or MIDI technician. Hopefully someone else on here can give you an assist, but you might want to head over to the other forum the Keyboard Corner, as well.

#2929407 - 05/25/18 11:15 PM Re: 13 note bass pedals and Genos. [Re: Danzilla]
J. Dan Online   content
Bannination Free Since '08
10k Club

Loc: St. Louis, MO
Should be pretty straight forward. Set the bass pedals to the MIDI channel of the sound you wish to control in the Genos. Maybe hit the Keyboard Corner for more assistance on the Genos. This is more of a keyboard question than a bass question....not that these guys on the LowDown aren't some sharp MF'ers, LOL.

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

#2931019 - 06/04/18 09:34 AM Re: 13 note bass pedals and Genos. [Re: J. Dan]
zeronyne Moderator Offline
I still exist
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Chicago/NW Indiana
Which bass pedals are you trying to connect? I can possibly help you.