Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keith Emerson's Gear being auctioned

http://www.juliensauctions.com/auctions/2018/music-icons/Music-Icons-Flipping-Book/Music-Icons-2018/170/

Flip book pages 170 to 181. A lot of iconic gear. Shocked at how they are priced. This is like owning a Hendrix strat.

Wish I had the liquidity. If I could snag the Gem Promega or even his Triton Extreme with his custom combis it would be worth it!

A roadcase containing a Korg BX3+a Trek II Preamp AND a Kurzweil SP2X for 1500-2000 is a darn fine deal.

Gear: Nord Stage 3 76HP, Moog Little Phatty Stage II, Hammond XK5, Solina String Ensemble

My Bands: Aperco, Ummagumma, Amity Band

http://www.juliensauctions.com/auctions/2018/music-icons/Music-Icons-Flipping-Book/Music-Icons-2018/170/

Flip book pages 170 to 181. A lot of iconic gear. Shocked at how they are priced. This is like owning a Hendrix strat.

Wish I had the liquidity. If I could snag the Gem Promega or even his Triton Extreme with his custom combis it would be worth it!

It is an auction. Prices could go up as there are several wealthy folks that would want gear like this. In my bubble, I would need to know the condition of the Extreme. These things don't work perfect forever. Buttons break down, etc, etc. And maybe all the programming got wiped. Details.....

Plus there are many 'speculators ' at auctions that pick up collectibles for $1000 ( example) then flip it on eBay( or try to) for $10,000

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Crap.

I wish I hadn't seen this thread.

Now I'm all in a froth, trying to figure out how to justify bidding on some of those items.

Worse yet, my wife will probably egg me on...she adored ELP. Man, I'm in a heap of trouble.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

A roadcase containing a Korg BX3+a Trek II Preamp AND a Kurzweil SP2X for 1500-2000 is a darn fine deal.

It is!

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Crap.

Now I'm all in a froth, trying to figure out how to justify bidding on some of those items.

Worse yet, my wife will probably egg me on...she adored ELP. Man, I'm in a heap of trouble.

Grey

I guess its priorities. I have little gear lust and minimal ' sentiment '.

Plus my priority is to pay off this mortgage. After, I can do whatever I want.

With automatic wife approval :)

[70's Songwriter]

Ooh, those Leslies...

Exactly. $1K - $2K auction estimate is entirely reasonable.

You think so? I would have thought they would have been worth that much if they had have been owned by Joe Blow. Mind you, I suppose that once people start bidding.....

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

Forget it... We are not worthy... or in that financial league.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

There is some really funny stuff elsewhere in the catalogue My favorite is the tie dyed John Denver shirt.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

We can crowd fund a KC project to purchase the Hammond C# with the Leslies... They can't break-up that set.

the logistics of ' sharing ' might take some thought

It might be easier for me to call my rich uncle and ....

;)

[70's Songwriter]

It's too bad he didn't will some of it Rachael Flowers, she is a big fan and played on his equipment. The PA equipment is over kill for most of us, especially with powered monitors or IEMs of today.

There are techs who can fix keyboards, I just had my Korg 01W/FD repaired. The floppy went bad, cap burst and burned a hole in the circuit board. The guy had another floppy laying around and swapped out the circuit boards. This is in the West Palm Beach area.

http://www.audiomagnetics.com/

It may be nice to have, but would you really use the equipment? I think most of this stuff is going to sit around collecting dust. If it goes to a recording studio, that would be good.

Korg 01W/FD, Hammond XK-2, Neo Ventilator2, JBL Eon, Rhodes 88

I still have my Generalmusic Pro 2, which I bought after seeing print ads of both Keith and Russell Ferrante hawking them. Good enough for them, . . .

Mine needs some work, I wonder about his.

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

Maybe he did will some things to Rachel Flowers. I didn't see the big Moog stuff listed, for instance, and surely he had a small mountain of gear. He could have reserved things for her that we never even knew he had. I'd like to think so.

Or maybe some generous soul will bid and win a few things at this auction, then donate them to her.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Does anyone else feel a little sad or like your sneaking into someones house and going through their medicine cabinet while looking through this catalog?

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

Sad, yes. Guilty like looking in someone's medicine cabinet, no.

I try to be philosophical about Keith's death, but I can't. Neurological problems (and apparently online trolls) notwithstanding, surely there would be some way he could remain "musical" by teaching or something. Such a waste.

Grey

I wish someone opened a Keith Emerson museum with all this gear.

Life is subtractive.
Genres: Jazz, funk, pop, Christian worship, BebHop
Wishlist: 80s-ish (synth)pop, symph pop, prog rock, fusion, musical theatre
Gear: NS2 + JUNO-G. KingKORG. SP6 at church.

Crap.

Grey

Im safe there. My wife could not be less interested in ELP or any of the other prog music I listen to, for that matter.

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

It's too bad he didn't will some of it Rachael Flowers, she is a big fan and played on his equipment. The PA equipment is over kill for most of us, especially with powered monitors or IEMs of today.

There are techs who can fix keyboards, I just had my Korg 01W/FD repaired. The floppy went bad, cap burst and burned a hole in the circuit board. The guy had another floppy laying around and swapped out the circuit boards. This is in the West Palm Beach area.

http://www.audiomagnetics.com/

It may be nice to have, but would you really use the equipment? I think most of this stuff is going to sit around collecting dust. If it goes to a recording studio, that would be good.

Thanks for the tip on the techies. While its up in WPB, it beats the blind hand-off to electronics guy in Little Havana that used to re-wire the vintage radios in present day Cuba.

the Keith Moon VH1 Rock Honors Ring "presented to Moon at a ceremony in 2008 in Pauley Pavilion..."

um....??? what???

Must have been presented posthumously, although I don't know how you present something "to" someone posthumously.

Michael Rideout