Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2921929 - 04/17/18 11:56 AM CÚzar Mendes - Depois Enfim
David R Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Montreal, QC
In the "you never know what will happen" file...

In November 2016 I got invited to hang out at Marisa Monte's house in Rio de Janeiro. It was a session with her, songwriter CÚzar Mendes, bassist/guitarist Dadi Carvalho (of Novos Baianos/Tribalistas/Jorge Ben fame and brother of our fellow forumite M˙), and engineer Mario Caldato Jr. At one point, Dadi said "We need piano on this tune... go play." One tune became three and somehow this Canadian gringo wound up on a record surrounded by Brazilian masters.

Article in Portuguese here.

KC Island
#2921964 - 04/17/18 02:34 PM Re: CÚzar Mendes - Depois Enfim [Re: David R]
yannis D Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: athens, greece
Congrats! I love both Tribalistas and Marisa Monte individually! Hoe this will bring you gigs

#2922153 - 04/18/18 12:03 PM Re: CÚzar Mendes - Depois Enfim [Re: yannis D]
Rod S Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: SŃo Paulo, Brasil
Very cool! Congratulations.

Mu (and Dadi) were part of an excellent band that was popular in the late 70s and early 80s - A Cor do Som. I believe they still gig sometimes together.