Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your go to youtube to mp3 converter, revisited.

Sorry, in this economy,

me as solely doing gigs for living, with no other financial sources,

the music I learn is ancient ...

and pay scale for a musician is not in step with the rest of the world.

I am making 50 dollars tomorrow!

Do you seriously think I am going to PAY for music from 50 years ago?

I am listening to eg, a bass line. do you seriously think I am going to pay to learn the bassline? Not in a million years. I have purchased plenty of music in my life time.

vinyl , CD, and some mp3

but at this point I will be "an outlaw" ( not in my mind ) . This has zero ( minus zero ) to do with pride of ownership. Au contrary , I am too lazy to throw away a lot of music I have.

But if my HD ate up a few thousand song, that is fine by me.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

Sorry, in this economy...

the music... is ancient ...

pay scale for a musician is not in step with the rest of the world...

I have no particular dog in this hunt... I was just struck by your choice of words above. Probably the same line of thinking the owner of the venue you're playing is using in paying you just $50 tomorrow.

Sorry, in this economy...

the music... is ancient ...

pay scale for a musician is not in step with the rest of the world...

I have no particular dog in this hunt... I was just struck by your choice of words above. Probably the same line of thinking the owner of the venue you're playing is using in paying you just $50 tomorrow.

Naaa, I just neglected to edit.

That gig was for a musician and his grand daughters ( twin girls ) 1st birthday party.

Not about the money, in that case.

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

I'm old enough to remember dubbing cassette decks. Did the recording industry try and stop those from being manufactured & sold?
If I recall correctly, they did one better: as the settlement of a big lawsuit, there was a small tax on every blank cassette you ever bought, which was funneled (via the musicians' union) into the "Music Performance Trust Fund," which then made grants that paid community ensembles to play live music. I played on lots of MPTF gigs in the 1970s, all paid for by cassette purchases.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

If I didn't work in the public sector, I would quote one of you and put (in large print) an eight letter word for bovine excrement. Worst thing is, I do it too to learn songs to play.

Theft

You build or buy something, and I take it from you. You have zero, I have one. I have deprived you of one.

Copyright infringement

You build (or buy) something, that you could have monetized by copying and selling a thousand fold. I (and 999 others) make copies, and do not pay you. You have one, I have one. I and 999 others have deprived you of the payment for one thousand.

It's not a victimless crime we're committing here, folks. And our doing it through Youtube is no different from doing it through Youtube-plus-an-audio-extractor.

Now I gotta figure out if I can afford to legally learn songs. :(

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

If I didn't work in the public sector, I would quote one of you and put (in large print) an eight letter word for bovine excrement. Worst thing is, I do it too to learn songs to play.

Theft

You build or buy something, and I take it from you. You have zero, I have one. I have deprived you of one.

Copyright infringement

You build (or buy) something, that you could have monetized by copying and selling a thousand fold. I (and 999 others) make copies, and do not pay you. You have one, I have one. I and 999 others have deprived you of the payment for one thousand.

It's not a victimless crime we're committing here, folks. And our doing it through Youtube is no different from doing it through Youtube-plus-an-audio-extractor.

if you're just watching YT, isn't it YT that is responsible to compensate the IP owner as they are the one distributing the content? If a user plays a YT feed in order to make a surreptitious copy and then retains that copy - that is a difference to just watching YT, no?

I buy music - except for BL-requested live versions that cannot be bought. i'm a smaller sinner. but we are all sinners.

The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.

I ain't biting the deprive argument.

All these arguments are based on the practices of last 100 years. The next 100 will be different rules.

In a world of tech, which again, I could live without, if we went back to 19th century rules,

the manner composers and musicians make money will change, like it or not.

I was born with a gift... by recording I am whoring out that gift.

I do not like what I just said, but I believe it is a factor in the insanity we face of trying

to survive as a gifted person. I was tempted to record, I did. I was paid usually one time.

In the "good old days", the gifted shared their gifts. Was barter used? I have no idea.

Were there copy right infringement issues? I doubt it.

If I hear a song now, and my musical gift ( ability to recall music ) permits me to play it on a paid gig, you think I am going to share the pittance I make?

Never going to happen.

Let's go back to 19th century , I am game.

Theft

Copyright infringement

if you're just watching YT, isn't it YT that is responsible to compensate the IP owner as they are the one distributing the content? If a user plays a YT feed in order to make a surreptitious copy and then retains that copy - that is a difference to just watching YT, no?

I buy music - except for BL-requested live versions that cannot be bought. i'm a smaller sinner. but we are all sinners.

If you download it, YT ain't paying squat to anybody for each time you play it afterwards. But yes, YouTube pays per play with all the caveats and stupidity involved with royalties (hah) on streaming models.

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
They now have the option to buy the premium version that doesn't do this. It might be a good thing, but I don't think it's needed to pay for the YouTube premium. A better option now is Spotify, but I am old school. I use youtube to mp3 converter to download all of my music. I never got used to the new ways of having music on my phone, and I don't get how Spotify works. I'm sure that you still have to pay for it after some time passes, and I won't do it. You only need a good converter, and you're good to go. Anyone can learn how to convert stuff, it's just copying and pasting links...

I pay about 10 euros/month for full Spotify access. Concerning how many hours I listen to monthly, that's a reasonable cost. And anything is available anywhere, in any of my devices ( car hifi, iphone, ipad, pc, you name it).

I usually make playlists consisting of the new songs to learn/practise to whichever gig.

And I concern myself old school. I also buy vinyl LPs quite often.

Jyrki

Nord Stage 3 88, Prophet 6, Moog Voyager OS, Moog Little Phatty TE, Crumar Mojo Classic Suitacase, Kawai US-50 upright, Beltuna Studio 3 and Fantini cassotto accordions

I pay about 10 euros/month for full Spotify access. Concerning how many hours I listen to monthly, that's a reasonable cost. And anything is available anywhere, in any of my devices ( car hifi, iphone, ipad, pc, you name it).

I usually make playlists consisting of the new songs to learn/practise to whichever gig.

And I concern myself old school. I also buy vinyl LPs quite often.

Jyrki

FYI, if you aren't aware: The Amazing Slow Downer app supports Spotify directly. So you can stream your playlists directly from Spotify and get all the benefits of that app: section looping, time-stretching, pitch change, etc. No need to download files, convert them, etc. Very handy for learning/transcribing and well worth the $15 (ios) to me.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

But yes, YouTube pays per play � with all the caveats and stupidity involved with royalties (hah) on streaming models.

Youtube pay the person posting for generating traffic so Youtube can run ad on videos. Youtube isn't paying the artists and songwriters if their music is played. As much as I hate streaming because they screw the artists they do pay something. So I'm doing the Apple music now since the Anytune (transcription app) will play from Apple Music without having to download it.

But yes, YouTube pays per play � with all the caveats and stupidity involved with royalties (hah) on streaming models.

Youtube pay the person posting for generating traffic so Youtube can run ad on videos. Youtube isn't paying the artists and songwriters if their music is played.

That is just false.

They pay whoever claims the rights. Rights owners can opt to collect the entire revenue, deny monetisation entirely, or share revenue with the channel.

If nobody claims the rights, then yes, the channel owner takes in the revenue, and the rights holders get nought.

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

They pay whoever claims the rights. Rights owners can opt to collect the entire revenue, deny monetisation entirely, or share revenue with the channel.

If nobody claims the rights, then yes, the channel owner takes in the revenue, and the rights holders get nought.

Even if you claim the rights you're just getting the traffic generated money they don't just start paying copyright royalties. That's why some artists asked for a take down of videos because they want mechanical monies not just traffic money.

• 4 months later...
I understand what you said. It is something typical to a lot of converters. I thought it is impossible to use the same converter for a long time because some errors appear after some months of using it. I understand you perfectly. I had changed a lot of converters. There were always some errors after some time of use, or they made me pay. I didn't want to pay for a website that is not so secure, and the quality is not so good. After some days of searching, I found a website - https://coconvert.com/youtube-wav-converter.html. Here now, I convert all my music from youtube. And yes, it is for free. You can try to convert through this site. Until no error occurred to me, and I hope it does not happen to me. I've been using it for more than half a year.
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 5/17/2022 at 7:32 PM, harri said:

It was very hard for me to find a suitable converter. I searched a lot on the internet, but most converters cost money, and they did not always match my needs, so I found them useless.

I wanted to download music from youtube since I did not always have a good internet connection. It meant that I could not use youtube whenever I wanted. A colleague of mine recommended using these universal converters that help you transform any file from Youtube to mp3 very easily. I used them in many similar situations, and they proved to be useful and really helped a lot.