Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2921522 - 04/15/18 08:35 AM OT: postimages.org links might be broken
Reezekeys Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: NYC area
I was using postimage.org to host pictures on the forums I posted on. Those links appear to be dead right now. From what I can tell they just had to switch domains. I can go to the site now and see some, but not all, of my pics (so ".org" does work but maybe it's a redirect?). Links here on KC appear to be dead – at least right now. The forum software doesn't allow editing your posts after a certain amount of time or I'd try to fix the links.

Free image hosting – you get what you pay for, I guess!

KC Island
#2921525 - 04/15/18 08:56 AM Re: OT: postimages.org links might be broken [Re: Reezekeys]
DulceLabs.com Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: CLASSIFIED
"postimg.ORG domain is locked by Registry, no prior notice.
While we hope to resolve the issue, we chose postimg.CC as our new home.
Please update codes embedded in your websites.

Your pictures are still there, but any pics links you posted you have to change the .org in the link to .cc to get them to show again."

Looks like they got the .org back -- maybe they just need to fix it back from the cc redirect.

#2921534 - 04/15/18 09:29 AM Re: OT: postimages.org links might be broken [Re: DulceLabs.com]
Reezekeys Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Yea I read that but the image links in my posts here are still broken – or were when I checked about an hour ago at least. I know I can't go back in to my old posts and change .org to .cc.

#2921545 - 04/15/18 10:14 AM Re: OT: postimages.org links might be broken [Re: Reezekeys]
Reezekeys Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

hardware's pics are affected too (as of this writing). I wonder who else here uses postimage.

http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads..._ri#Post2918346

#2921547 - 04/15/18 10:51 AM Re: OT: postimages.org links might be broken [Re: Reezekeys]
Bill H. Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Columbia River Gorge, US
I know this has been discussed before so apologies... but what's everyone using to host images for this forum now? All my imageshack links have been down for some time.

I think they want some money...

#2921550 - 04/15/18 11:43 AM Re: OT: postimages.org links might be broken [Re: Bill H.]
Electro Fan Offline

Loc: Maine
My avatar that I hosted on pistimage.org is gone as well.

Bill

#2921598 - 04/15/18 05:02 PM Re: OT: postimages.org links might be broken [Re: Electro Fan]
J. Dan Offline
Bannination Free Since '08
10k Club

Loc: St. Louis, MO
I started using my old band's domain. I'm not in it anymore, but I paid for it and registered the domain, so I'm gonna use it. I just created a folder and started dumping my images there. I think I pay something like $2-3/month, pulse the domain registry (don't remember what I paid E, but I registered it for 5yrs). I figure if I'm going to have to pay somebody to host my images, why not just get a shared server where I can put anything I want with no hassles? Files, music, pics, web pages.....I just created an FTP folder in my computer.....drag the file there and it's on the web. I'm using it instead of drop box to share my keyboard tracks with the band for the upcoming CD. They can just right-click and "save as" to download the wav file of my keyboard track and reimport it into the DAW for mixdown. So it can be web site, file sharing, image hosting, music hosting, etc. I used JustHost.com for the web server and Register.com to register a domain name. I don't recall all the details, but when you get your site it just has an IP address which you can use to access it. When you register the domain name, you basically point it to your site so that the DNS see.s 'my site.com' and points it to your site's IP address. If you go this route I would advise registering your domain yourself and not using the web hosting company to do it. I lost a domain because when I chose not to use a service anymore, they sold my domain to somebody else and I now can't get it back.

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

#2921605 - 04/15/18 06:01 PM Re: OT: postimages.org links might be broken [Re: Electro Fan]
DulceLabs.com Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: CLASSIFIED
Originally Posted By: Electro Fan
My avatar that I hosted on pistimage.org is gone as well.

Bill

"pistimage" LOL - Freudian slip?

#2921616 - 04/15/18 07:43 PM Re: OT: postimages.org links might be broken [Re: Bill H.]
davedoerfler Online   confused
KCFF League Champion 2017
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: thin ice
Originally Posted By: Bill H.
I know this has been discussed before so apologies... but what's everyone using to host images for this forum now? All my imageshack links have been down for some time.

yes they do. Pretty sure I pay $3.99 a month now. Well worth it to me, about $.10 cents a day. As always, YMMV

#2921629 - 04/15/18 11:55 PM Re: OT: postimages.org links might be broken [Re: davedoerfler]
J. Dan Offline
Bannination Free Since '08
10k Club

Loc: St. Louis, MO
Originally Posted By: davedoerfler
Originally Posted By: Bill H.

yes they do. Pretty sure I pay $3.99 a month now. Well worth it to me, about $.10 cents a day. As always, YMMV

That's more than your own server unlimited bandwidth that you can put anything you want on, under your own control.

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

#2921706 - 04/16/18 10:15 AM Re: OT: postimages.org links might be broken [Re: J. Dan]
davedoerfler Online   confused
KCFF League Champion 2017
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: thin ice
may very well be true, Dan, but I'm not interested in all that.

#2921733 - 04/16/18 12:32 PM Re: OT: postimages.org links might be broken [Re: Reezekeys]
RudyS Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Groningen, The netherlands
Originally Posted By: Reezekeys
hardware's pics are affected too (as of this writing). I wonder who else here uses postimage.

http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads..._ri#Post2918346

thanks for the heads up. I also use(d) the postimage. When I looked back to threads where I put pictures I see they are completely gone. Also, the post are not editable anymore. Kinda s*cks.

Stuff: Nord Electro 3, Casio PX5s, DSI Mopho keys, Nord Lead A1, Korg N5, Korg Poly 61, QSC K10 and a Shure SM58.

#2921740 - 04/16/18 01:34 PM Re: OT: postimages.org links might be broken [Re: RudyS]
Reezekeys Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I just posted today & used an image that I uploaded there. It works. Funny thing is that "postimage.org" works to get you to the site but the image links now are all postimg.cc.

Go to your "?" (broken link image), copy the link, paste into a web browser but replace the "org" with "cc" and you'll see your pic.
[edit - I'm on Safari on a Mac and the broken image links are displayed as small boxes with a "?" inside – maybe other browsers do it differently.]

I wonder if the forum software would allow a mod to write a script to go through all the posts, find the ones with postimg.org and replace org with cc. I'm guessing that will probably not happen. Too bad.

Edited by Reezekeys (04/16/18 02:46 PM)

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner