Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2920657 - 04/10/18 05:34 PM Is It Me or Is It The Booze - Fred Farkle.
CEB Offline
10k Club

Is It Me or Is It The Booze - Fred Farkle.

Has anyone heard of this tune? I'm doing a piano/Hammond gig for an artist I don't know. This song is on the menu. All I know is it is in the key of G. I can't find it.

Thanks.

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!
So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

GP Island
#2920719 - 04/11/18 04:16 AM Re: Is It Me or Is It The Booze - Fred Farkle. [Re: CEB]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
Know what you mean. When I tried to find it, all that was available were some old "Laugh-In" clips. wink
Whitefang

#2920788 - 04/11/18 08:32 AM Re: Is It Me or Is It The Booze - Fred Farkle. [Re: CEB]
Winston Psmith Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Inside the Beltway
Originally Posted By: CEB

Has anyone heard of this tune? I'm doing a piano/Hammond gig for an artist I don't know. This song is on the menu. All I know is it is in the key of G. I can't find it.

Thanks.

Seems like the Farkle family were part of a skit on Laugh-In. You might find some old video clips, but no mater how I phrase the search, I can't find any link to the song, either?

Hulu, Netflix, Youtube, any service that has links to old Laugh-In episodes are probably our best bet.

http://www.novparolo.com

#2920814 - 04/11/18 09:46 AM Re: Is It Me or Is It The Booze - Fred Farkle. [Re: Winston Psmith]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
I looked too, but I could not find the tune... cool

#2920925 - 04/11/18 10:46 PM Re: Is It Me or Is It The Booze - Fred Farkle. [Re: CEB]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

Loc: The Great Spirit's Handprint o...
Originally Posted By: CEB

Thanks.

Maybe you should ask the artist that you're going to be working with? Aaannd let us know what the answer is?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

#2920958 - 04/12/18 05:24 AM Re: Is It Me or Is It The Booze - Fred Farkle. [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
CEB Offline
10k Club

I don't know who the artist is. A promoter contacted a friend who gets me these one off gigs. All I know is that the song is in G.

I'm playing keys so I'm not too worried I'm really good at picking up changes and bullshitting my way through tunes on keys. The rest of the set is simple stuff. But I do like to at least listen to everything before one of these gigs. .... Watch it be some sort of obscure Steely Dan Jazz fusion thing. LOL.

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!
So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

#2921044 - 04/12/18 10:48 AM Re: Is It Me or Is It The Booze - Fred Farkle. [Re: CEB]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
I suspect performer has to be accustomed to ppl (both audience & accompanists) not knowing this, uh, song.

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose